Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

A new place to detect....

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
A new place to detect....
February 27, 2016 06:54PM
I am heading to a new permission that I acquired that overlooks the river. I don't wanna give away too much about it's location but the thrill and potential of getting to detect a new and potentially great spot is almost as thrilling as making a good find. As soon as my family obligations are met, I am heading over there and swing a coil. I have a new (old style) F-75 (not the kind with Boost Process) but deep none-the-less. The Deus will also accompany me, in case of a lot of trash. I have the 5x10 coil on the F75 since it has proven to be deep in my test garden. Anyway, I spent all of last week going around and knocking on doors. I was able to secure permission for several good (and historical) locations. Now it's time to see how well I judged those places.
It's worth the time and effort to add new permissions and it's extremely satisfying. But I know that I'm not telling anyone anything new. Just simple, middle aged, excitement compelling me to even write this out. Happy Spring everybody!!!! And here's hoping that y'all find something awesome this weekend. Thanks for reading my drivel. lol
Re: A new place to detect....
February 28, 2016 01:46AM
Nothing kindles the excitement of a new swinging area...Good move not revealing too much as your neighbor may be reading this forum and the old fishing hole will be crowded..
PS: Good Luck and let us know the end of the story...good or bad.....preferably good....
February 28, 2016 02:01AM
Kevin
No mention of your new toy. Are you giving it a.break? I want a PI but I was debating how effective it would have been on the kind of places we went today. Just don't know that's the big question.
February 28, 2016 02:23AM
I to have permission to hunt three places. The first is 400 acres and I don't have a four wheel truck to
Use one the dirt muddy roads. One part is a area where grapes were planted in the late 1800s the owner said you may find some old relics there. I can only
guess what may have been lost there. Buttons stuff like that. And that is the fun of hunting you learn what people did and what they lost.
The other part is where there are two springs. And a third I found lots of neat finds I found. Another area is where they mined for gold and It is a huge area near a creek.
She asked me if I had a gun in case a mountain lion was in the area and to watch for bears. That is a first and of course rattle snakes. So I told her I would co e back
next fall when the snakes go back to sleep till the spring. There is an old school I may hunt next month that dates back to the gold rush days.

So lots of land to hunt but am going to have a hard time getting around. The other land different area has homesteads on it and I think there was a blacksmith in that area
then more land and of course the grass strats to really grow but I may hit it two times before I call it a season. The last area I have no idea what is on the land it's huge and near the second area I'm hunting on Thursday. There are not enough days to hunt all of this land and I get a bit tired because I dig all targets.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
February 29, 2016 07:06PM
Thanks for the replies! My first day.....I found one POSSIBLE Civil War 32 cal ball (buck and ball loads). I also lost (or rather, left it at a plug) my Lesche knife. That's par for the course for me. Going back today and trying a different.......quadrant? lol
I bought a used F75 (the kind without the Boost Process) and that sucker is deep. I hunted in JE mode yesterday (at another, regular site or my buddies and mine) and did fairly well. I dug one of those little brass triangles (part of the knapsack arrangement) and that sucker was as deep as my Pro Pointer II and that is after I scraped away the top 3 inches of pine straw!!!!! My buddy uses an F75SE version 2 with the Ultimate Coil and he was impressed!!! Better still........so was I!!!! Happy Spring forum members!!!