Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta Fors Relic

Posted by sanjuro 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nokta Fors Relic
March 04, 2016 02:23AM
Anyone know anything about this new detector ?

[md-hunter.com]
Re: Nokta Fors Relic
March 04, 2016 04:33AM
I love Turkish machines now but we need to slow down to at least mach one. Release after release of machines will, 1. KILL the resale value of their machines. 2. REVERSE the logic of wanting to have a machine in every detectorists bag of tricks per the end buyer will lose that value. 3. Put them in a place like Blisstool, who wants to buy one when the next generation will be out next month. Slow down my favorite detector company........
March 04, 2016 03:28PM
Jack Flynn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I love Turkish machines now but we need to slow
> down to at least mach one. Release after release
> of machines will, 1. KILL the resale value of
> their machines. 2. REVERSE the logic of wanting
> to have a machine in every detectorists bag of
> tricks per the end buyer will lose that value. 3.
> Put them in a place like Blisstool, who wants to
> buy one when the next generation will be out next
> month. Slow down my favorite detector
> company........

Thank you Jack! You are right and we will slow down after we complete our product line. Relatively speaking, we are a younger company and we would like to offer a full product portfolio for our valued customers. Most of the time, the new products evolve as a result of customer demands & requests and to meet the different needs of customers around the world. However, I can promise that we will slow down for a while now!

Thank you again.
March 04, 2016 03:48PM
What I don't understand is the fact that there was all that talk about the Impact detector.----There wasn't anything said (earlier) about the Racer 2 & now this FORS Relic model.---Now they are coming out.-----Without giving away any trade secrets---is there a problem in the development of the Impact----or???--------Perhaps the Impact is just a more complicated machine to bring things to fruition?
March 04, 2016 04:06PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What I don't understand is the fact that there was
> all that talk about the Impact detector.----There
> wasn't anything said (earlier) about the Racer 2 &
> now this FORS Relic model.---Now they are coming
> out.-----Without giving away any trade
> secrets---is there a problem in the development of
> the Impact----or???--------Perhaps the Impact is
> just a more complicated machine to bring things to
> fruition?

Hello. Good question. The talk about the Impact surfaced due to a wrong post by a reseller.
The intent was never to talk about the Impact at that early stage as it was just a project name rather than a physical product.
When the project was shaped into a physical form, we attended a show in Paris and showed the prototype of the product and that is how the talk surfaced again.
There is absolutely no problem with the development and like you said it is a different device that needs more time in terms of electronics as well as mechanics. That is all.
Thank you!
March 04, 2016 04:42PM
I am glad to see them grow their line of products and to do it this fast will give them more time to develop a new flagship. We are all looking for the best machine for the money and in the past few years have seen machines that do really well in iron that is what relic hunting is all about getting through that iron. We need really great coils and depth. Would like to see a hybrid machine that works and more options with freq. The US companies have seemed to not really move forward in the last few years. No new flagships and I see that every few years they should add a new flagship to their line but it takes them so much longer. As I'm sure you have read in my forum posts I love the racer and it just seems to work in my dirt the way a great machine should work. The 5x10 is really deep sometimes I don't want to dig much deeper because it takes a lot do dig deep holes....So bravo for their quickness on new machines...the impact we are all hoping will be something we can sink our teeth into and can offer us even more then we have now...We will have to wait and see

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2016 11:46PM by Lawrenzo.
March 04, 2016 04:46PM
You can view the product details at:
[noktadetectors.com]

MSRP - $799

• 6 Search Modes (All Metal / 2-Tone Disc / 3-Tone Disc. / Conductive Ground / Boost / Swift)
• Adjustable Tone Break
• Adjustable Iron Volume
• Ground Tracking
• Auto & Manual Ground Balance
• Pinpoint & Depth Indicator (cm/inch)
• All Terrain
• Dual LCD Display
• Digital Target ID & ID Masking
• Frequency Shift
• Built-in LED Flashlight
• Waterproof Search Coils
• Easy Use
• Ergonomic Design
• Long Battery Life
• 10 Languages

Thank you all!
March 04, 2016 04:51PM
The product has been tested by Keith Southern, Monte and Tom D. and they are free to comment on it.
March 04, 2016 05:04PM
Can't wait to get my paws on this one grinning smiley
March 04, 2016 05:08PM
Could be a good one.
March 04, 2016 06:57PM
This will be the one I get. Will be great with my Tejon.
March 04, 2016 07:10PM
Looks interesting, wouldn't mind if the Racer2 had a few of these features.

Just don't slow down on the Impact, with high hopes, we're all waiting to see what it brings to the table thumbs down
March 04, 2016 07:47PM
I understand that there will be a Keith Southern signature model with special 'coaals'. They were going to include a compass in that model, but for some reason it kept poimting South - oh well.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
Re: Nokta Fors Relic Thoughts
March 04, 2016 08:26PM
I was truly enamored with the FG+ the first time I ran it and as Continued To run it I was truly DRAWN to the abilities of the unit for my relic hunting needs..

Why not, it was on my Favorite Freq for relics..19Khz...Plus had the great ability that the Makro's and Nokta's have in terms if unmasking yet now it was coupled to a more lower conductor reactive freq...

Well it quickly became my go to Relic unit and as I like to call it my bread and butter unit..

YET I still wanted more from the unit that the Gold Platform was not offering..I wanted an extra tone for SOME sites I hunt that are more trashy with multilayer time periods and also I like to use the 3 tones for iron wrap on depleted sites..Just concentrating on the mid tone in a barrage of low and high tones the mid tone just at times jumps out at you..I also craved some relief from the constant hammering of Iron tones in my ear and wanted an Iron Volume control...And I HAD TO HAVE the ability to break my iron tone to my liking when in dense iron looking for the smallest for targets intermingled with iron..I wanted a Purest relic unit in other words...Nothing wrong with the FG+ but it lacked a Relic hunters Tool Kit..

Well NOW that Unit has come to fruition !!And I for one could not be happier..This is the kind of unit I have wanted for Years...After Knowing what I wanted in a unit years ago I've had to to accept what I got never quite complete in terms of it has this but not this type scenario..Close but no Cigar type feel..

This new FORS Relic (FR from here on) is the type unit a Iron contaminated site hunter i.e. the Modern day Relic Hunter....(((((YES we have evolved over the years in terms of how we hunt relics...We now seek out Iron contamination and try to unlock its hidden treasures where as years ago we stayed away from same sites and relied on less trash and depth to make our finds...well those deep relics in less trash have about been depleted with current technology limitations..Depth Peaked 25 years ago BUT Unmasking (I use that term loosely) has been evolving for the last 25 years also.)))))....Will gravitate to in terms of infield performance.It is a unit a person who KNOWS what they need to succeed in iron will find a use for ...It took the DNA of the FG+ and pushed it further for the DEMANDING Relic hunter...

Enough of affection for the unit and on to brass tack's..

First off the tones Hz in two tone and three tone are factory preset..But not to worry..the iron is the lowest tone Hz wise. and the non ferrous tone in 2 tone is the highest tone Hz wise like 100Hz and 700 Hz..not sure of exact number but way apart...and this will offer the greatest separation of tones..same in three tone just the middle tone is about mid way between the tone ranges..

The iron range on the unit is 0-20 as ferrous and 21-99 as non ferrous..

It has 6 modes...

Gen= Which is all metal and more like a Racer or CoRe allmetal not like the FG+ allmetal..it does not have the iSAT ..Its not geared towards the Gold Prospector in this Mode its a true threshold based all metal mode and is more used for larger coils and bigger and or deeper targets ...

DI2= This is the same mode as the Boost mode on the FG+ ..But has been pushed to be hotter trying to gain some depth on higher conductors also by doing so...Still very stable,, has a slight depth edge over a FG+ on low and high conductors You can break the tone in this mode by variable tone break...

DI3= this is the 3 tone mode and the tone can be slid on the 2nd and 3rd tone but not the 1st to second..in other words I can slide the tone to break form mid to high on say a zinc penny to copper penny but the iron tone will only break from low to mid at a factory 20 setting...The way the manu structure works you cant break both...BUT when you're using the 3 tone I found the 3 rd tone needed to be changed more than the first tone for those scenarios..This mode is less depth than the DI2 also..Not alot but is processed differently..

Swift mode = is just that a Swift mode..Faster retune faster recovery speed..less depth ..2 tone only..works well in dense iron/Trash with the small coil...Very rapid fire...Although I found the DI2 to be my go to sleuth mode ..I found on some entrenching sites that the Swift mode and small coil was a laser beam on disturbed halo ferrous non ferrous intermingles..

Deep=This mode is Two Tone and uses a slower retune speed to gain depth..not advised in trash but in open areas.Wish I would of had a 13x15 to test on this mode..it may prove to be quite deep on isolated target's..

COG-Conductive ground mode.. used for Salt water beaches and such..Offers a salt range ground balance range..I did not get to test this on a salt beach..

The unit also offers the 7x11 solid epoxy coil ..Very light very well balanced and offers even more depth over say the FG+ 5x10dd...Great and welcome coil to the Freq to add some depth when needed..

The unit also has the Iron volume control and very very welcome.. A Godsend! I like the lower setting's of the iron volume as it seems to compress the whole iron report into a tick type report..very pleasing on contaminated sites..not a simple reduction in volume but and actual audio processing takes place..And I dare say actually helps in unmasking...as the report of iron is shortened and the rolling audio of the non ferrous stays broad...I LIKE IT!!You'll notice it on a setting below 3..

The simple fact of Iron Volume and Tone breaks would of been enough for me I as I stated to the factory but they went above and beyond..and I believe my exact reply after getting the revamped test unit in my hands after some re-tweeks..was Compliments to the Chef!!The Chef Being a guy yall may not see mentioned on the forums but his name is Alper and has been working at Nokta Detectors since 2013 as a Software Team Leader..He's responsible with detecting and control algorithms developments ...And from working?corresponding with him the guy is a very clever and intelligent and spot on Programmer...He can also make things happen Overnight.Literally !.To Be honest I was amazed out how fast he can rework a unit...and He actually knows what it takes to make a GREAT unit...I have a feeling he uses what he creates!!Again Compliments to the Chef(Alper)!!!

So all in all this is the a FG+ DNA unit and and to be honest I was scared the Magic would be lost in a Newer unit built off the FG+ ..BUT the FR for me is a the perfect marriage of a lot of things to create (and again for me ) the perfect relic unit.

It has all the other features of the FORS units like tracking,flashlight ,Freq shift,Visual I.D. Rugged build..Etc...

BUT it also is a unit that can stand alone and has enough Identity to be a True Modern Relic unit...

I can't wait to see what others report on this unit!Its a world class unmasker!!!Not to be taken lightly!

I feel we got the cigar on this one!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2016 10:20PM by Keith Southern.
March 04, 2016 08:42PM
Congrats Nokta on providing instruments that have features to better serve us.

And also keeping us informed on your products.

It is amazing on how fast you as a manufacturer can turn ideas and suggestions into reality--- kudos
March 04, 2016 09:11PM
My mouth is watering Keith grinning smiley

I want I want I want!!!

This machine added to my new (3rd) Deus now and my new (3rd) CTX now will be the icing on the cake!

I know what the FG+ is/was all about and I know with the FR upgrades over and above the FG+ = that it's going to fill my desires in/of a relic unit to a "Tee"

Anyone that's never used the FG+ hasn't a clue on just how hot the platform is/how it lights the ground up and talks to you and/but with the new features on this unit = you're talking about the ultimate cream of the crop relic machine (per your description above)!

Again = I can't wait to get my hands on this one!

Thank you Nokta for listening to Keith/all of us in our request for what is needed in the field thumbs down
March 04, 2016 09:36PM
If you like the FG+ Wayne you can't help but like this FR unit..

Rick!! Very Funny...LOL!!!

I'm going to have to work on my PRONUNCIATION ...But it may not go with my ENUNCIATION .LOL

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 04, 2016 09:38PM
Sounds like a good machine!! How's the depth and audio on it Keith compared to a AT-PRO or Teknetics G2+?
March 04, 2016 09:51PM
Holy Smokes I need a scorecard now. If relics is primary goal...Fors Relic, and if coins is primary goal, Racer 2? both have the same non-gated audio? Racer 2 for silver coins since it is lower freq, but enough of a difference to warrant the price difference for a pro-pack over the Fors Relic?
March 04, 2016 09:57PM
N/T

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2016 09:58PM by Keith Southern.
March 04, 2016 09:58PM
Well Morgan...

I call these 19Khz units form Nokta a F19 or G2 on steroids..and I Don't mean that in a slandering way to the other manufacturers but these 19Khz units in MY SOIL just light up the ground...way more sparky feeling...

The AT-Pro Forte is Audio and for me this FR Audio is to the next level..It blends and rolls and bleeds but it is also Very exact and recovers quickly...

To me this is a Upgrade to both machines you mention...

I think what we have here is a unit that more or less they looked at what is available on the market today in terms of unmasking and applying it to its own unique DNA platform..

Its at least 3 or 4 different machine types rolled into this unit..

AT= Tone ROLL
T2/G2=Separation
GMP= Tone BLEND
G2/T2= affinity for low conductors

Put that together and you have a Formidable relic machine in the FR!!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2016 10:00PM by Keith Southern.
March 04, 2016 10:32PM
Rod-PA Wrote:

Holy Smokes I need a scorecard now. If relics is primary goal...Fors Relic, Well It is a Great Iron unmasker Rod and most of Our relics reside in a sea of Iron..

And if coins is primary goal, Racer 2? The R2 is more of a all around unit and would lean more towards the higher coins...It also does very well on lower conductors..its just not quite as reactive to brass in mixed in iron like the FG+ and FR ..The R2 is a all arounder with great unmasking

Both have the same non-gated audio? Yes Correct

Racer 2 for silver coins since it is lower freq, but enough of a difference to warrant the price difference for a pro-pack over the Fors Relic? For my hunting in my sites I HAVE TO HAVE THE FR...Now that's just me and everyone hunts different...But Knowing what I know and What I REQUIRE in my sites I am well pleased with the tool that Nokta has Created

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2016 10:51PM by Keith Southern.
March 04, 2016 10:49PM
I look at the detecting Market as of late Jack awash in a sea of Price points and do it all designs..

I for one most welcome a Machine that is TRULY geared for the Relic hunter..

We don't have a TRUE CORE Based unit for ourselves..Always having to work with other units to get results ...and that usually boils down to having to use Gold units to get our goodies out of iron...For once we have a machine and it has Our moniker on it..RELIC..Clean and simple...Its a Gold unit in its DNA Sure..BUT at the same time its a Tweaked Unit for US...no more do we need to use a Unit tweaked to the Gold hunter and we have to play second fiddle...The only thing left about this unit is the Freq and reactivity from the FG+..the modes are redefined..

I am happy and proud to see a RELIC platform unit and hope to see this Platform evolve over the years as Our own personal piece of equipment..

Some can say it's just a name and the F19 Or G2+ is a pure Relic machine...Well it doesn't say it on the nameplate LOL...but I know I know...But in all sincerity here we have a manufacturer who has Built a more or less Niche unit for US...Even named it RELIC for US and is willing to work With US....Things like this are not to be taken lightly...

Im proud to have a unit that simply Says RELIC on the box...I will swing it as my banner for all to see!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2016 10:54PM by Keith Southern.
March 04, 2016 11:20PM
Keith is as happy as a pup with a bacon-flavored chew toy!

Troy Galloway - got old Fisher and Tesoro to make machines to his specifications.

Our "benevolent overlord" Mr, D got "old" Fisher to make the CZ3d.

Now our very own Keith S. has bent the mighty Turks to his will!!

I Hope we don't have to start addressing him as "Your Excellency" !

Well done Keith and well done Nokta!

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
March 04, 2016 11:45PM
I'm happy to see the 5" coil is included for that price.
March 05, 2016 12:10AM
Now they need to make one for me. A fresh water gold detector.
March 05, 2016 05:02AM
Hey Rick ...

Im very happy to see the Relic come into existence..

But I can not could not ever take credit for it..

Yes its a machines I've always wanted and I voiced my opinion to the company adamantly on it ...

Yet Tomkowski and Monte also spent countless hours in the field offering feedback and thoughts and Ideas..

NO this is a team unit..for sure..a lot of people made this unit see light of day in current form..

Dilek and Alper and his team are the real reason its here..

I'm just happy to see it as reality..

It doesn't take a lot to make me happy ..Just the right tool for the job..

I feel as though I Don't have to use a Butter Knife to cut my steak anymore if that's makes sense..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
March 05, 2016 05:04AM
Tom.... A freshwater Gold machine................... HMMMMM????

Maybe the Impact won't disappoint when it gets here!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
March 05, 2016 05:45AM
Would love to see what they could do with a lower freq like 7-8 with the sparky gain and mineralization handling capabilities shown on all these 14khz and up units. Attn Dilek smiling smiley
March 05, 2016 06:27AM
Yes, the Impact should take care of low frequency being it's multi-frequency. Waterproof would be really nice. In the pics of the Impact it looks like maybe it is waterproof.

Tom I would wait for the Impact smiling smiley.