Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deus users, keep an eye on those rod latch pins

Posted by ncwayne 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deus users, keep an eye on those rod latch pins
March 15, 2016 11:42PM
After many hours of use on the Deus, I noticed just recently that the pins in the rod latches (2) that hold the telescopic rod at its set length can begin to work their way, or wander, out of their locations. I noticed the one that holds the arm cup relation to the upper rod was protruding about 3/16" out of its location within the assembly. I opened the latch so that it was not in tension and then reseated the pin so that it was not protruding. The lower latch pin was not as far out of alignment, but it, too, needed to be moved back into alignment with the latch band of the outer tube surrounding the inner tube.

Had I not observed these pins protruding from their "ways," they might eventually have worked all the way out and caused the loss of the metal pins and the plastic tabs that friction lock the outer tube to the inner tube of the telescopic rod.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
Re: Deus users, keep an eye on those rod latch pins
March 16, 2016 01:38AM
Thanks for the heads up!
March 16, 2016 05:10AM
Yes, great info. I frequently noticed that the clamp for the lower rod has become wiggly. It tightens up and is not a problem when it is gripping the lower pole. I just ordered and received an 11 inch coil and lower rod assembly. The lower rod (than came with the 11 inch coil) fits looser in the upper rod than the lower rod that came with my Deus. It is still fully functional. Just some minute observations.
March 17, 2016 12:08AM
If this were a Minelab product, this thread would be 2 pages long with complaints of use of cheap materials on an expensive detector......confused smiley

I don't own a Deus yet, but thanks for the headsup!
March 17, 2016 01:29AM
Yes they work out...

I had my whole rubber grip separate from the handle...

Talk about swinging a limp noodle.

You wont believe how much rigidness the rubber grip gives to the plastic till it comes loose...

Good info

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 17, 2016 01:32AM
Checked mine,, both units ok.

A thing to point out. Folks transporting their units--- keep the cams in the locked position. This keeps pressure on the pins.