Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

RECEIVED GARRETT AT Pro

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: RECEIVED GARRETT AT Pro
March 18, 2011 09:54PM
Brian, are any other guys that hunt where you typically do run AT's? If so, are they sniffing out the small silver as well or better than any of the other detectors you or your buds are using?
Thanks Keith !
March 19, 2011 02:33AM
Good Info on the way the iron audio works when on.
March 19, 2011 06:05AM
Hey Brad,

Lorenzo tested the AT and he was able to sniffer out some deeper silver in some pretty mineralized ground (gold country), so I think it has potential. I like what I'm hearing about it's iron handling capabilities, as well as it being waterproof. It definitely seems to be working well for some folks, hopefully it works well for me in my soil too....we shall see. Of course I'm still looking forward to testing out that 15" DD bad boy coming from FT on my F75 LTD smiling smiley
March 19, 2011 06:26PM
AT Pro and 1-Gram gold nugget. Grnd Bal on '99', Sens max, Disc '0'........and Pro - Zero. This is absolute maximum performance capabilities......for base-reference purposes.
Unit will detect 1-Gram nugget to 5.9" in air-test.
March 21, 2011 11:19PM
Tom what did you find the magic unmasking disc # to be for the AT Pro (like 16 is for the Omega, and 6 is for the F75 LTD, etc)?

Thanks,
Brian
March 22, 2011 02:21AM
Iron Disc of '31'..........and that is pushing it. A Disc of '32' would be more normal for many.
March 22, 2011 06:49AM
Thank you sir. I picked one up over the weekend, but won't get a chance to fish the dirt with it until April.

Youtube videos, forum posts and air tests in the living room will have to suffice until then smiling smiley
March 22, 2011 10:59PM
Delayed gratification!

Let us know how it works for you......and how it performs in your type of dirt.
Tom, $1 gold coin quetion
March 23, 2011 04:09AM
Tom, you tested the AT and f75 on the gold coin in an air test. Did you bury the coin, and check and see how deep the 2 machines detected this coin? TIA
Re: Tom, $1 gold coin quetion
March 23, 2011 11:12PM
I'm a little confused here,sometimes it doesn't take much! I see where some people with mild ground say it's not that hot on silver,But respectable. And I see were other people with hotter ground say in there area it is hot on silver. Shouldn,t it be the other way around,or am I missing something? How is the depth on silver overall?
Re: Tom, $1 gold coin quetion
March 23, 2011 11:56PM
I have sooooo many notes..........and sooooo many things in my head; I only wish I could inundate you with all of this data.

Looking at my notes.......my in-the-dirt testing with the U.S. Type-1 $1.00 gold coin......and with unit at maximum settings:

AT Pro = 6.9"
F75 LTD = 10.0"
March 24, 2011 12:56AM
The LTD is hot on gold, but I didn't think there would that large of a differential between the AT and the LTD, very interesting.
March 24, 2011 01:06AM
The Boost Process employed in the F75......is night-and-day difference.
Tom D......Re: RECEIVED GARRETT AT Pro
March 24, 2011 07:00AM
Feel free to inundate us............We Love It.
March 24, 2011 01:45PM
WOW !!!.....I would have lost money if I bet that one !!!.....YIKES !!...... A 3"+ difference between the two ? ......WOW !!.... I'll bet those numbers would change quite a bit up here in NY !!..... As you said , your soil down there is so neutral that it's almost like air testing !!.... Thanks for that info !!....Jim
January 18, 2012 06:24PM
Has all the problem issues been fixed with the AT Pro?
January 18, 2012 08:45PM
markg,
I just got my AT Pro back from Garrett ....I sent it in for the update which gives you cam locks on the shaft, they check the control box for leakage, and make sure everything is up to snuff .....My machine runs great ....Heven't had it underwater since the update though .......The falsing coils were fixed a while back .....It's a great little machine for the $$.......JIm
January 18, 2012 11:49PM
I concur, it is a great machine for the $$$ especially for fresh water.
One thing though, I recommend removing the lower camlock for water hunting as it jams up real bad from sand and not easy to clean
January 19, 2012 12:06AM
Better yet , build or buy a straight shaft for it .....Jim
January 19, 2012 01:27AM
*** Unit will detect 1-Gram nugget to 5.9" in air-test ***

Not bad. My data indicates the Gold Bug2 shows 6.0" in the ground with a 10" coil (unvalidated test) for a 1 pennyweight gold nugget.

The AT Pro responded about as well to the smaller 1.0 gr (.646 pennyweight) nugget as the GB2's 1 pennyweight nugget (though it was in the ground).

Wonder how the AT Pro would do on a 0.5 grain (.02 pennyweight or 50x smaller nugget) and a 5.0 grain gold nugget (5x smaller)?

I'd assume the GB2's higher freq of 71Khz would defeat the 15kHz of the A/T Pro handedly, but it would be interesting.
January 19, 2012 03:15AM
Correct. The GB-2 should be the trump card on very tiny gold nuggets..... due to operating freq.
January 20, 2012 01:11PM
Does anyone know?
Has all the problem issues been fixed with the AT Pro?
January 20, 2012 07:20PM
Markg,
Did you not read my post ? ........

Things that people complained about on the AT Pro .....

Arm cuff was too close to the control box ........FIXED .....Arm cuff further back

Some control boxes leaked .......FIXED ......Resealed control boxes

Coils falsed when bumped or twistd ......FIXED ......Coils fixed

No cam locks on the shaft to prevent wobble .......FIXED ......Cam locks added to shaft

The only other thing that folks did not really like on the AT Pro was the waterproof connectors .......The connectors are the same , but work very well .....

Hope this clears it up for you ....JIm
January 26, 2012 01:13AM
Got my new AT Pro. Was shocked at the pro mode. Very sensitivity, yet stable. It could find all the hard targets in my test garden (I didn't sterilize the ground before target burial). So far I'm pleased.
markg
January 27, 2012 01:32PM
Keep us updated how its working out for you. Im looking at one for shallow water searching.
Re: markg
September 19, 2012 11:28AM
Another 'bump' request.
February 06, 2019 04:10PM
bump