Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

fisher f19 depth / recall?

Posted by vincentvangerven 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
fisher f19 depth / recall?
April 12, 2016 03:43PM
Hi guys, just got a fisher F19, and did some testing with it. Max I could get out of a nickel, zero disc, 100 on gain / sensitivity was 8.5 to 9 inches, but only barely.

My Tejon with a lobo coil airtests better. Is this what other people experienced with their units?

From what I’ve read here and seen on youtube vids people get 11.5 to 12 inch max on a nickel with the stock coil.

Serial number starts with 0714, so I assume it’s one of the early ones, although I’m not sure when Fisher corrected the problem with that first batch.

I called fisher, after being connected a few times I gave the serial number to ask whether this unit was recalled, or upgraded, or affected at all.They could not tell me and told me to just send the coil and box in and then they would replace the board…

Any input is most welcome smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2016 11:09PM by vincentvangerven.
Re: fisher f19 depth / recall?
April 12, 2016 07:00PM
Hi Vincent,

Don't know what to tell you on that score? I do remember there was "an issue" when they first appeared?

"Which" stock coil do you have? Mine is the 'smaller' camo elliptical and not the larger 11"

I'd guess the 11" [ might do ] 11" on a coin in good conditions?

I was 'yard searching' today with my F 19 and I'm glad not to have dug deeper than 7 or 8 inches as it was tough going!

Des D
April 12, 2016 07:29PM
Hi Des, this detector is factory stock, with the stock 10x5 camo elliptical coil.

I also sent an email out to Felix at Fisher / First Texas with the full serial number, am waiting to hear back from them to see if it was one of the problem ones and if it's been updated / recalled.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2016 11:10PM by vincentvangerven.
April 12, 2016 10:50PM
Yes the first batch of F19s had a sensitivity issue..

7/14's

Most got Serviced ..

Im sure some of them got sold before the redo..and made it to the streets..I had one..It would not do but 8 inches on a Nickle with 5x10 DD..

It should be fixed for free I would imagine..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 12, 2016 11:15PM
Thanks for the info Keith, most appreciated. I'm with you on the "It should be fixed for free I would imagine..",

It's one thing if a unit breaks down outside their warranty terms, but if they were sent out frm the factory with issues then why should that be on me... Fisher offers me to send it back to the factory on my dime, and will repair for free if it turns out there is a manufacturing defect. (from their email)

Fisher would not comment either way whether this one needs repairs or is within their specs..

Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes the first batch of F19s had a sensitivity
> issue..
>
> 7/14's
>
> Most got Serviced ..
>
> Im sure some of them got sold before the redo..and
> made it to the streets..I had one..It would not do
> but 8 inches on a Nickle with 5x10 DD..
>
> It should be fixed for free I would imagine..
>
> Keith

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2016 12:36AM by vincentvangerven.
April 13, 2016 01:12AM
Im sure if you send it in and its a Known Issue you should be Fine..

Maybe Carl will see and comment?

BUT Yes I would send it in, that depth seems WEAK... then work from there...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 13, 2016 04:47PM
0714 means manufactured July 2014 - just received my new F19 yesterday and it's serial number started out 0714. Contacted Fisher and I was told if I belived the machine had a depth problem to sent it in and they would chek it out, however I got an e mail form the place of purchase and was told that when the units arrived they notice the serial numbers and sent both back to have the factory upgrade. I want a 11" coil for field hunts and possibly a litte more depth - would the Gold Bug DP 11" coil work on my F19 or what would be a good choice.

Texas ED
S/E Texas Gulf Coast
April 13, 2016 05:00PM
Yes the DP 11 coil works on the Gold Bug..

And it will offer increased depth but less separation..

I have found for intended use Of the F19 (and depth really is not it for my uses) I like the 5x10 stock the most..Yet it holds up well ion the soil for depth of say 10 inch items of coin size...

I have actually found the 5x10 in heaviest of iron to find INDIAN Heads that the 5 inch would not hit..Weird I know But it's a ULTRA Tight COIL..

a 13 Ultimate can add depth if thats is what you wish though slightly more than the 11 Bi Axial...

A 5x10 is for me on the right units (High Gain High Freq) a 80% plus use coil..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2016 05:00PM by Keith Southern.
April 14, 2016 03:12PM
Glad fisher is helping you out. I don't think 8-9" on a nickel with 10"dd coil would alarm most people. I doubt he thought it was bad and tried to deceive you. I also wouldn't believe what you see or hear on the internet. However, here is a trusted airtest on the F19.

[www.youtube.com]

you unit does sound a little light on depth and I'm sure fisher will fix for you.
April 14, 2016 03:23PM
"I'm sure fisher will fix for you"

I'm sure they will, but have a couple of emails from them regarding this matter, plus i made a few calls, and everytime they leave it in the middle whether there's going to be a charge for correcting this problem since i am not the first owner...

I don't want to be the guy holding the bag here.

Seller might be a 'good guy' but that doesn't mean i have to deal with this nonsense..
April 14, 2016 07:09PM
Sadly, you have no warranty since the machine is second hand and the warranty isn't transferrable.

If it WAS under warranty you could send it in at your own expense for the shipping . They would fix it free if there is a manufacturing defect. if it was within specs, they would say so and return it to you at their expense. If it was damaged or otherwise need repair not covered by the terms of the warranty, they would tell you and you would have to decide whether to pay for the repair or have them ship it back.

From what you have posted, it looks like that is exactly what they are offering you - the same treatment as if you did have a warranty. They are putting you on exactly the same footing as the original buyer.

Sorry you got a bad deal on your purchase, but Fisher's offer to essentially give you a warranty sounds pretty generous to me.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
April 14, 2016 09:51PM
but Fisher's offer to essentially give you a warranty sounds pretty generous to me

Yes, i do not disagree there.

But remember, we're talking about a detector that's less then 2 years which is not performing the way it should. Might be a factory defect / recall, might be something else, but for sure it did not brake after I obtained the unit.. I received a detector with a broken locking collar and depth issues from the seller.

I also called the factory when this all came down and the seller told me 'not my problem' to see wwhat my options were.

The factory could not tell me by the serial number if it went through the recall or not, because the person i spoke to on the phone had no 'access to this information at this time'.

I decided to continue via email, where i got conflicting input from different employees; one gave me an RMA number, but another wrote, and i quote, 'We have never had a recall on the F19 units'

I followed up with an email to that person, showing multiple weblinks that there were in fact problematic units sent out , and then got 'Thank you for the information. After I sent your email, I spoke with our engineers and they informed me that the detectors were not send to the end users with any issues. They were taken care of before they shipped out.'

If that were the case, then why did (and do) these weblinks / postings pop up with people having these 07-16 poorly performing units...

But anyway, again, the seller stating 'not my problem' , and that made me go the paypal claim route instead of sending it to the factory. Also in part because the factory wrote me ' If your unit does have a manufacturing defect we will repair at our cost.' Ok, fair enough that the factory mentions this, i think that's reasonable, but what if they find it's not a factory defect but something? Then the $ meter starts ticking, and who will pick up that tab?

The detector was advertised as 'flawless' by the seller, which is way off the mark. It arrived with a broken locking collar and depth issues.

No thanks...

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2016 10:02PM by vincentvangerven.
April 14, 2016 11:51PM
Paypal claim, that will get you out from under.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
April 27, 2016 03:16PM
update; coil and detector sent back, got the funds back from Paypal, out of $40 in return shipping cost.

lesson learned; always use the paypal option, never paypal friends / gift.
April 27, 2016 06:14PM
I have the gamma6000 and Eurotek pro and the 5x10 is by far my favorite coil.
Have all the --Teknetics coils from 5"-11" DD and the nei sharpshooter, 5*10 wins.

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.