Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Public Perception Poll - White's Electronics & The MX Sport Update

Posted by Steve Herschbach 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Public Perception Poll - White's Electronics & The MX Sport Update
July 24, 2016 04:17AM
auminesweeper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bottom line is Whites are in Denial, and the
> Dealers have been encouraged as to what to say and
> are still prepared to sell Faulty equipment and
> the Customer has to buy a Broken product and then
> get it repaired,
>
> At present Whites are the most embarrassing thing
> that has ever happened In the Detecting World, and
> it's Very Sad to See.
>
> John

I doubt Whites will return here other than take another slam at the members. Their only intention of coming here was to try to set up a " we're working with Dankowski people " type of situation. It is widely known that their is technical expertise here and I don't claim to be a part of that. When the attempt failed, because it is obvious that the people here are looking out for all purchasers of this machine, they termed this place as " Crankowski "

It's a money ahead of people situation for them and that will continue. They will only do what they are required to do although it may not be all they are required to do.

" I knew there were issues but afraid to post in the Forums for fear of being banned and told I didn't know how to use a Metal Detector. "----GreenMeanie

There is no need to fear being banned. You can go back on there if you wish and it would not be against their rules. As long as you do not have multiple accounts you are not in violation. I'm not suggesting you do and I doubt it would do you any good. They are now not posting a person's first post without it first being approved by them. I have not had any posts fail to make it through.
July 24, 2016 04:33AM
Tom Slick Wrote:
> White's is handling this like the automobile
> manufactures "silent recall". They don't take a
> proactive approach and go looking to fix the
> MXSport. They wait until a customer has a
> complaint and only fix those. If everything was
> fine and dandy and may only be noticed by
> "experienced users" then why do ALL detectors
> manufactured after 3/24/16 have the new Firmware?
> Sure sounds like the detectors manufactured before
> 3/24 have a problem. And speaking of problems, how
> about the White's Forum moderated by that guy who
> has all the answers (you know who I'm talking
> about). That's not a forum it's a - You ask and
> the Moderator will answer, question and answer web
> page where nothing negative about White's is ever
> allowed so White's never gets to see a true
> picture of what the customers are saying or
> thinking about their detectors. That "forum" is a
> joke. The Moderator has over 47,000 posts. Where's
> he get the time to detect?

Exactly the problem -

Its amazing that their management at White's cannot seem to do what Steve H (respect) is currently doing here - Even though you have said Steve that you are doing it on behalf of White's, how embarrassing it must be NOT to have a person to be able to represent their company in a PROFESSIONAL manner when it comes to their issues -

I am sure the MXS will eventually be fixed but that's NOT the real problem now is it?

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
July 24, 2016 06:15AM
I was interested in buying the MX Sport until the negative reviews started, and that was that.

My general feeling toward White's marketing is that they don't know their audience. That is a huge mistake. This is a hobby where people get fanatical, where every detail is scrutinized, where smart people can spot a marketing ploy in milliseconds.

To some degree it seems White's treats their customers like infantile children, like dolts that think a detector a play-toy, silly little boys with nothing better to do than search for lost change. I'm thinking that most detectorists on this forum take detecting and electronics far more seriously than White's has any idea.

You want to gain loyalty White's, then treat your customer with respect and put an end to the childish, slow-paced, uninformative videos you make and stop the condescending attitude by those giving the demonstrations. What I want to hear and see are the detailed explanations on detector operation.

I want to be given an in-the-weeds rundown on the functions, the effect(s) on the detector, specialized uses, demonstrations showing how the detector overcomes common detecting obstacles. In other words, sell the detector by demonstrating its strengths but do it like you're talking to an equal, not a slow-witted child.

You aren't going to sell many detectors waving a dime in front of the coil or slowly and painfully explaining a common detector function understood by all detectorists. Pretend you are talking to professionals, people who study and use detectors, who actually live and breathe detecting, and you won't be far off the mark.

And when the trouble starts on a newly introduced model, be the first to make it right, admit the mistake, make sure the customer is not inconvenienced by return shipping costs or delays. It's your fault - so treat the customer right and you'll have loyal buyers and plenty of praise on the forums generating new customers. Act like a jerk and you'll probably be out of business before you know what happened. Your choice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2016 06:15AM by Johnnyanglo.
July 24, 2016 12:01PM
I will say this - I think the public perception of Whites is still high. The professional perception of Whites is low. I have a regular job and sell detectors as a little side job since 1985. The people I work around know I'm a dealer and watch my videos. I have sold several of these people machines currently and in the past. I would say that not one of them know that's happening in the Whites world especially the MXS. Some have asked about the MXS and I simply say there are better choices for less money.

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
July 24, 2016 12:36PM
khouse Wrote:
> I will say this - I think the public perception of
> Whites is still high. The professional perception
> of Whites is low. I have a regular job and sell
> detectors as a little side job since 1985. The
> people I work around know I'm a dealer and watch
> my videos. I have sold several of these people
> machines currently and in the past. I would say
> that not one of them know that's happening in the
> Whites world especially the MXS. Some have asked
> about the MXS and I simply say there are better
> choices for less money.

I think it would only be fair to say,,,more folks now have computers and or cell phone for Internet capability,,even the older folks who are able to still detect.

Ignorant people can with time become less ignorant.

Are their enough ignorant people to actually support sales here,,and allow this company to prosper??

We'll see. I don't think so.
A slow bleed will ensue.

And don't forget about other detector makers here either.

We saw when the Minelabs debut in USA,,White's users stuck by their company,,,they were ignorant too,,but when the light bulb turned on,,what happened to these once company loyal folks???

You can tell by numbers of post at find mall forum,,,what is happening with market share I think.

Besides,,why is Mr Boykin even here then,,,he should just go home,,,if this issue really doesn't matter.

And it don't take I don't think an ignorant person to sink their detector under water for the first time,,,and this fry out happens.

This piece of merchandise don't cost $7 or $70 dollars,,more like $700.

But the way it is being managed,,,one would maybe think it cost $50.

Probably dog houses bought being managed better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2016 12:38PM by tnsharpshooter.
July 24, 2016 06:26PM
I purchased a brand new one around a month ago. I read through the manual, fired it up, and headed to my test garden. My dealer had been told by White's that the machine was upgraded. But when I received it, not only would the (SAT), or whatever it's called would only go up to 6. But, that is not what really troubled me. I could never get the unit to run correctly in my test garden. When I waved the coil across a target, the tone (or tones) where unintelligible. So, I called my dealer, and he gave me a refund, which I fully appreciate. It embarrassed me to even accept it, but my dealer is a good and fair man. I would assume that he is sending it in for repair. Hope this helps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2016 06:40PM by Kevin B.
July 24, 2016 06:43PM
Kemper94 Wrote:

> I doubt Whites will return here other than take
> another slam at the members. Their only intention
> of coming here was to try to set up a " we're
> working with Dankowski people " type of situation.
> It is widely known that their is technical
> expertise here and I don't claim to be a part of
> that. When the attempt failed, because it is
> obvious that the people here are looking out for
> all purchasers of this machine, they termed this
> place as " Crankowski "
>
> It's a money ahead of people situation for them
> and that will continue. They will only do what
> they are required to do although it may not be all
> they are required to do.
>
> " I knew there were issues but afraid to post in
> the Forums for fear of being banned and told I
> didn't know how to use a Metal Detector.
> "----GreenMeanie
>
> There is no need to fear being banned. You can go
> back on there if you wish and it would not be
> against their rules. As long as you do not have
> multiple accounts you are not in violation. I'm
> not suggesting you do and I doubt it would do you
> any good. They are now not posting a person's
> first post without it first being approved by
> them. I have not had any posts fail to make it
> through.

I agree, There is no reason to twist Tom Dankowski's name and turn it into something as a way of insulting everyone here, TOM D has done nothing wrong, in fact he has not even posted here.

This whole thing is wrong, mention this machine and once revered people turn in to Something ??,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2016 07:10PM by auminesweeper.
July 25, 2016 06:00AM
Kevin B Wrote:
> I purchased a brand new one around a month ago. I
> read through the manual, fired it up, and headed
> to my test garden. My dealer had been told by
> White's that the machine was upgraded. But when I
> received it, not only would the (SAT), or
> whatever it's called would only go up to 6. But,
> that is not what really troubled me. I could never
> get the unit to run correctly in my test garden.
> When I waved the coil across a target, the tone
> (or tones) where unintelligible. So, I called my
> dealer, and he gave me a refund, which I fully
> appreciate. It embarrassed me to even accept it,
> but my dealer is a good and fair man. I would
> assume that he is sending it in for repair. Hope
> this helps.

You shouldn't be embarrassed one little bit, in fact you were providing him with a service.
Testing the machine.

As a Stihl / John Deere dealer we employ a simple policy. We try out before we sell, so we have an idea what a machine can do,... we try and figure out the weak points before
we put it in someones hands.
We don't trust all the testing done at the factory, we don't trust all the engineers field testing the machines.
We pick it up, start it up and take it out for a spin. Or simply ask the importer for a Demo-unit.
Because people trust us, people look to us for advice,... we are in it for the long run.
And even then "@#$%& Happens".

A lot of metal detector dealers are "box movers". My dealer doesn't even put batteries in a unit and test it,... sad but modern day reality.

HH
Johnb
July 25, 2016 03:06PM
Hey guys, back from the weekend. Will have an update for you later today on the MX Sport. Just have to get the "OK" from the boss to relay the information.
July 25, 2016 03:30PM
tboykin Wrote:
> Hey guys, back from the weekend. Will have an
> update for you later today on the MX Sport. Just
> have to get the "OK" from the boss to relay the
> information.

Tom That's all we ask,

We All know that there are problems, So nothing is going to shock us, And we will support Whites if they are honest and open with us, Like we have to Trust you, You have to trust us,

John
July 26, 2016 11:45AM
tboykin Wrote:
> Hey guys, back from the weekend. Will have an
> update for you later today on the MX Sport. Just
> have to get the "OK" from the boss to relay the
> information.

Well, what happened? There was no update on the MX sport at all. You did inform us that you are now setting up office here. Do you still expect to get the OK from the boss to relay the information ?
July 30, 2016 05:41AM
give them credit!..they are just trying to compete!..they got beat by the "boys from garland" and
now are trying to play "catch up!"..one two punch they never saw coming,and procrastinated
too long before jumping in!..first it was the pin pointer,and then it was the "middle" priced all terrain detector!
gotta 'right" the ship,and get "back" on course!..takes time! ..'god speed"

"for what shall it profit a man,if he will gain the whole world,and lose his own soul?"
"book of mark"

(h.h.!)
j.t.