Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Are we any closer to a beach machine that detects small gold?

Posted by adamBomb 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Are we any closer to a beach machine that detects small gold?
April 17, 2016 04:28PM
Have any new machines comes out this year (or has technology progressed over the last year) that allows any machines to see tiny gold (ie chains) on salt water beaches? I haven't been paying attention since last summer so I figure I could of missed something. I currently have a CZ21 and Whites DF. I was considering a TDI but since its not waterproof decided against it and am keeping my current machines until technology improves...
Re: Are we any closer to a beach machine that detects small gold?
April 17, 2016 04:36PM
I would stick to the older machines but ask Tom he can tell you,,,

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
April 17, 2016 05:25PM
Not to my knowledge.....................and.......................... I don't believe that Mfr's realize just how large of a market there is ... for such quest.
April 17, 2016 05:34PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not to my
> knowledge.....................and.................
> ......... I don't believe that Mfr's realize just
> how large of a market there is ... for such
> quest.

Thanks! I figured as much but knew it wouldn't hurt to ask. Guess I'll stick to what I have for now.
April 17, 2016 05:48PM
My guess is until they come up with a brand new way to detect metal objects other than just conductivity, there isn't much that can be done when the wet salt sand has the same conductivity range as many small gold targets. Ground balance out the conductivity range of the wet salt sand and you ground balance out and small gold in that same range.

Imagine if they come up with a detector that can push a signal down and determine a targets composition via chemical makeup as opposed to conductivity !
April 17, 2016 06:10PM
What about Toms AU-21 Design,could it be updated or improved upon?
April 17, 2016 06:11PM
Interesting thought therover. I know u can get wrap around on iron with to much sensitivity and deep targets may be detected as iron
April 17, 2016 11:31PM
((( Harold...... I am always/constantly (to the point of not sleeping).....trying/improving said unit. )))
April 17, 2016 11:37PM
Sound's great Tom!
April 17, 2016 11:43PM
Tom hows that machine work in fl? Not as muchto affect it. Did u ever sell any of them?
April 18, 2016 03:41AM
The Tesoro Tigershark is very sensitive to tiny gold.

It's mainly a freshwater water machine so I wouldn't take it into the salt water but on the wet salt beaches I've heard it's fine.

It has a salt setting that I've heard helps in wet saltwater sand (don't know myself since I only hunt freshwater but that's what I've read on some forums)

HH
John

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2016 03:43AM by DirtyJohn.
April 18, 2016 04:26AM
therover61 Wrote:
> My guess is until they come up with a brand new
> way to detect metal objects other than just
> conductivity, there isn't much that can be done
> when the wet salt sand has the same conductivity
> range as many small gold targets. Ground balance
> out the conductivity range of the wet salt sand
> and you ground balance out and small gold in that
> same range.

This is the core of the problem, and it's the same for both VLF & PI.
April 19, 2016 10:41PM
I know Tom D. Sold a few of the AU-21x machines because I have one. Nice detector for the dry sand. Have to switch to salt mode in the wet sand however. The closest thing that I have found for small gold chains and small gold items has been the Mirage PI made by Sven. Can be run at 10 Us, but he has only made a handful of these machines. I have been very happy with both machines...Stuart
April 20, 2016 12:18PM
SR.... I believe the TDI, finny and a few other PIs are 10 uS adjustable. When you saythe mirage CAN run at 10uS are u sayin it will in or near the salt water and maybe pickup a chain? When u say chain..... is it one these others wouldnt?
April 20, 2016 01:53PM
DirtyJohn hit the nail on the head....certainly won't work well in saltwater or wet saltsand but for the dry sand Tesoro's anyone like gold including the small stuff...
And of course always PI units...
April 20, 2016 02:52PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> SR.... I believe the TDI, finny and a few other
> PIs are 10 uS adjustable. When you saythe mirage
> CAN run at 10uS are u sayin it will in or near the
> salt water and maybe pickup a chain? When u say
> chain..... is it one these others wouldnt?

In saltwater, or in general, picking up a small tiny gold chain will be a problem like any other VLF or PI. The Mirage is no different.

But, I calibrate for small gold jewelry and with the ability to pick up a small 12 grain gold nugget to about 5" with the smaller 7" coil
and get max. depth on my 14kt gold wedding band at about 12". So small gold charms are not a problem to locate. You do sacrifice, not
locating the very small to tiny gold chains. The Mirage is capable to find a 3.2 gold nugget at about 2".
My engineer friend calibrated his PI to find 1.5 grain gold nugget to about 1.5" and drop his Pulse delay down to 8us. He lives in prospecting territory. That's all and good for freshwater or land detecting.
The main goal for the Mirage builds, was to find very small gold to larger gold jewelry at max. depth possible. And has the ability to use the 10us Pulse Delay in saltwater if conditions allow. Think
it generally known most PI's operate best, smooth, stable in saltwater running 15us to 25us. At 15us you again make sacrifices as to the size of gold you will find.

The Mirage is not a miracle machine, just works damn good and the fact is you can build it yourself. I have had guys in many countries build one and have a blast with it.
The latest version is my best so far. I am building 4 water units, 3 for others, will be really interesting to see what they find .....

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
April 20, 2016 04:47PM
Just curious, even having that elusive machine sensitive to micro jewelry in salt water, how do you guys going to recover the targets (lets say in waist deep)? :-)
April 20, 2016 06:37PM
YuriyV Wrote:
> Just curious, even having that elusive machine
> sensitive to micro jewelry in salt water, how do
> you guys going to recover the targets (lets say in
> waist deep)? :-)

That is hard to do in fresh water! I believe most of the "micro jewelry hunters" hunt the beach west sand only.
April 20, 2016 06:50PM
Some snorkel and fan.... and can use warerproof PPers. I have a 1/4" hole scoop.... im not chasing anything I cant keep in that scoop. You learn to get a lot of sand in the scoop and slowly let it drain. With a PI its the tiny iron thats a pain. Ive heard really good things about the mirage....we have passed messages before. I keep talking myself out of a PI.
April 20, 2016 07:41PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> Some snorkel and fan.... and can use warerproof
> PPers. I have a 1/4" hole scoop.... im not
> chasing anything I cant keep in that scoop. You
> learn to get a lot of sand in the scoop and slowly
> let it drain. With a PI its the tiny iron thats a
> pain. Ive heard really good things about the
> mirage....we have passed messages before. I keep
> talking myself out of a PI.

I put a small earth magnet at the back of my scoop, grabs them tiny iron pcs. as well as the Canadian magnetic coins and magnetic black sand.
I like having smaller holes in the back of the scoop for those little items.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
April 21, 2016 10:31AM
Chuck from SunSpot now sells his scoop with slits instead of small holes as well. Great concept....... but the smaller the holes the harder to clear if you have shells.... and when you have sand moving where these tiny golds move to you normally have larger stuff you have to pick thru in the scoop. It can get frustrating.
March 22, 2017 02:02PM
adamBomb Wrote:
> Have any new machines comes out this year (or has
> technology progressed over the last year) that all
> ows any machines to see tiny gold (ie chains) on s
> alt water beaches? I haven't been paying attention
> since last summer so I figure I could of missed so
> mething. I currently have a CZ21 and Whites DF. I
> was considering a TDI but since its not waterproof
> decided against it and am keeping my current machi
> nes until technology improves...

I asked this question a year ago and I will once again ask. Are we any closer to a machine that detects small gold, like chains, on salt water beaches? I'm loving my CTX and a technology that did this would be the only thing to pull me away from it at this point.

Nox600, CTX, CZ21, Excal II and White's DF with 920i stealthscoop...I live and hunt at the beach in Wilm NCsmiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2017 02:02PM by adamBomb.
March 22, 2017 04:42PM
A long way to go....... (but about 7% closer).
March 22, 2017 04:44PM
Just stick a small coil on a TDI Pro,deadly combination for micro jewellery on the beach,job done winking smiley
March 22, 2017 05:53PM
Therovers post is right on....for those that are not aware in freshwater use a old Tesoro with zero disc...bobbi pin or fishhook will give ratty sound but small gold will hit solid....