Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Xp Deus,, a person could miss a cache,, very easily

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Xp Deus,, a person could miss a cache,, very easily
April 18, 2016 01:37AM
Deus owners,
Get you 3 or 4 half dollars or silver dollars,,or maybe even 7 or 8 quarters..

Stack the coins and sweep in Deus fast,,,,listen to what you here.

I used 3 and 4 silver dollars in my experiment .

Then start running your reactivity down and sweep and listen.

Do the same in 12 kHz , 8khz, and 4 kHz.

A person running Deus,, could in fact miss for example 4 silver dollars stacked ,, just under the surface of ground.

Btw I tried Racer with small coil-- no defects noted.

Make that a Racer 1 detector.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2016 01:42AM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Xp Deus,, a person could miss a cache,, very easily
April 18, 2016 02:12AM
So the Racer picked them up ? Sounds like a lot of variables with the Deus. Like Monte says, keep it simple.

El

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2016 02:13AM by Elbert.
April 18, 2016 02:19AM
NASA Tom commented on how the Deus violates the laws of physics just a bit,,,, this here what I'm referring to could be a negative by product of such violation.

But I am not in a professional capacity enough to verify this--- just my hunch.
April 18, 2016 03:09AM
Oh boy, I bet this is gonna turn out nice. I may be jumping the gun here but if a person is going to search for a cache and they have a choice between taking the Deus or an ACE 250 and the ACE 250 is the better choice then this isn't going to go over too well. You do have a record of starting these controversial threads though. Not that that is a bad thing. smiling smiley
April 18, 2016 03:17AM
Nothing controversial about this thread.

If you check,, like I did with Deus,,,just from what I witnessed fact.

The Deus doesn't experience what I'm talking about with all settings,, just some.
April 18, 2016 04:04AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> The Deus doesn't experience what I'm talking about
> with all settings,, just some.

I am not familiar with the Deus and won't pretend I am. If these settings you are talking about are settings a person would reasonably use while detecting in the hopes of finding a cache this could be very interesting. I don't know how this would compare to the problems mentioned in regards to the MXsport but it will be interesting to see if the same diligence is shown to have the problem corrected. But-" Nothing controversial about this thread. " YET. I'm just saying that shouldn't stand in the way of seeing how severe the problem is , if it is considered a problem.
April 18, 2016 04:11AM
I talked about that in this thread..

[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

The GMP doesn't do it..

I believe its because of ground range on the DEUS...On the extreme ends it runs out ...EXTEREME ENDS..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 18, 2016 04:32AM
Well,, it does seem strange,, lowering reactivity setting,,, the stacks will come through in 12 and 18 kHz
And even at 0 disc setting--- same effect.

I haven't played with gB setting to see what effects it has.

And for gee whiz,,I isolated the 4 silver dollars (ungrounded them) but still stacked-- result just a tad better than being grounded and stacked.

I need to do an in ground test with my coins,,,ground balance seems to affect.

I will tape them together and bury and try with a correct ground balance--- in my ground it looks like it may work correctly,,but we will see.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2016 05:22AM by tnsharpshooter.
April 18, 2016 07:34AM
Maybe this is why XP are making the two-box 'cache-hunter' coil, then.....

(joke)
April 18, 2016 03:19PM
Heck lets face it probably an overload on most units....one wonders how many caches were missed for this reason....
April 18, 2016 10:47PM
Some follow up info.

Taped 4 silver dollars together stacked,, buried at 7" deep approx.

Air test and in ground test seem extremely similar.

My ground phase when balanced was 77.

Detector provides tone in all freq and reactivity settings 0-4,, didn't try 5-- I never use it

Silencer setting does,affect unite a bit when set greater than level 2.

Now if I run my ground balance up incrementally,,when I approach 84 and go up--- performance on giving full tone not so good,,and this length of tone gets incrementally shorter as GB is raised.

When the pop or extremely short tone is heard--- horseshoe seems to be telling the truth as far as nonferrous vs ferrous.

With high GB higher than say 83,, Lower reactivity setting to 2 and lower,, target hits very good,,,0 and 1 levels a little better than 2

Also,, full tones 0 disc,, tone sounds a bit better--- definitely sounds more like a nonferrous target vs maybe an iron false or iron rejected signal.

Didn't bury any deeper.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2016 10:50PM by tnsharpshooter.
April 19, 2016 12:25PM
I have a Deus that I am selling now because I just have not seen the benefit of this machine over my current lot of detectors. I used it only three times in a real hunt but played with it in my test garden quite a bit.

One thing I discovered on one of my hunts scared me a bit about the machine and how settings can effect how the good stuff comes in. I got a scratchy signal one evening at a site that I have hit many times before and found lots of silver. I tried two other programs with the same result. Another guy with a Deus hunts with me a lot there. I got down on the ground to dig the plug and discovered a plug had already been dug there recently. Judging by the style of plug I suspected it was a hole dug by my Deus buddy. I flip it open and check the signal again and it is still crappy. I almost closed up and walked away like the first guy, but then it hit me, do I want to dig this target again next year?!? I dig out about 4 inches of dirt and check with the coil over the pile since I do not use a pin pointer. The signal is good now. A dig around in the pile and out pops a 1910 Barber half dollar!! Why did he Deus have such a hard time with this target??
April 19, 2016 01:20PM
Arthur,

I have dug countless nonferrous targets,,,,that did just like your coin.
I many times even after getting a rather borderline signal,, dig the plug out,, flip it and sweep and nota--- I use to run mostly with a disc setting of 6 and no iron volume btw,,,anyway after busting the plug--- then the signal would either improve slightly until more plug busting then the signal would come through like flying colors.

I have the same experiences with Makro Racer and small coil a lot like this as well.

I won't guarantee this,,,but if I had to bet---- many other detectors wearing the same sized coil-- probably wouldn't even have gave what little signal you got in the first place.

Nice find.

It don't take as much to hide a coin even as big as the one you found--- just coin orientation and a little fly in the ointment so to speak like a very small piece of foil, iron, iron dust, etc.

I wouldn't be selling the Deus short based solely on this incident --- rather be cheering it!!!

Here's something too.

I see you are comparing detectors over signals ,, and you think the Deus is more or less like a lot of others.

I can see how you would feel this way,,,,,but if you will find some targets that are challenging the Deus a bit,,then check these with some other detectors ,,.., you will see the other machines struggle even more than Deus,,or not even give a signal at a all.

Now,,not all detectrors

I found a walking had dollar in a place a few months ago--- no telling how many coils had been over it--- I know one person who uses etrac, and White's V3i,,I am almost certain he had a coil over this Cohn I found at least once--- but it was still there,,,until I ran the mighty Deus with 9" coil over it and sniffed it out.

Arthur according to NASA Tom,, Goldmaxx power coil size for coil size flagship unit in carpet of nails,,,Deus is very similar unit,,, actually I don't think NASA Tom or anyone else here has posted comparison data between Gold Max's power unit and Xp Deus version 3.2,,,,I think the test on this forum NASA Tom did and recorded here,, were using Deus with version 2.0
I could be wrong about this.

Anyway,,when one is holding a Deus,,, they are holding so,etching very, very special,,,and all one needs to do with it is hunt with it a while,, in iron/ nail rich environments,,,,this is where the unit shines,, besides it overall light weight.

Cheers

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2016 01:41PM by tnsharpshooter.
April 19, 2016 03:12PM
on the other hand in the UK the deus has found more than a few large silver hoards worth serious money
April 19, 2016 03:18PM
April 19, 2016 05:58PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> Arthur,
>
> I have dug countless nonferrous targets,,,,that
> did just like your coin.
> I many times even after getting a rather
> borderline signal,, dig the plug out,, flip it and
> sweep and nota--- I use to run mostly with a disc
> setting of 6 and no iron volume btw,,,anyway after
> busting the plug--- then the signal would either
> improve slightly until more plug busting then the
> signal would come through like flying colors.
>
> I have the same experiences with Makro Racer and
> small coil a lot like this as well.
>
> I won't guarantee this,,,but if I had to bet----
> many other detectors wearing the same sized coil--
> probably wouldn't even have gave what little
> signal you got in the first place.
>
> Nice find.
>
> It don't take as much to hide a coin even as big
> as the one you found--- just coin orientation and
> a little fly in the ointment so to speak like a
> very small piece of foil, iron, iron dust, etc.
>
> I wouldn't be selling the Deus short based solely
> on this incident --- rather be cheering it!!!
>
> Here's something too.
>
> I see you are comparing detectors over signals ,,
> and you think the Deus is more or less like a lot
> of others.
>
> I can see how you would feel this way,,,,,but if
> you will find some targets that are challenging
> the Deus a bit,,then check these with some other
> detectors ,,.., you will see the other machines
> struggle even more than Deus,,or not even give a
> signal at a all.
>
> Now,,not all detectrors
>
> I found a walking had dollar in a place a few
> months ago--- no telling how many coils had been
> over it--- I know one person who uses etrac, and
> White's V3i,,I am almost certain he had a coil
> over this Cohn I found at least once--- but it was
> still there,,,until I ran the mighty Deus with 9"
> coil over it and sniffed it out.
>
> Arthur according to NASA Tom,, Goldmaxx power coil
> size for coil size flagship unit in carpet of
> nails,,,Deus is very similar unit,,, actually I
> don't think NASA Tom or anyone else here has
> posted comparison data between Gold Max's power
> unit and Xp Deus version 3.2,,,,I think the test
> on this forum NASA Tom did and recorded here,,
> were using Deus with version 2.0
> I could be wrong about this.
>
> Anyway,,when one is holding a Deus,,, they are
> holding so,etching very, very special,,,and all
> one needs to do with it is hunt with it a while,,
> in iron/ nail rich environments,,,,this is where
> the unit shines,, besides it overall light
> weight.
>
> Cheers

I am lucky that I detect with other people all the time who use different detectors and we compare signals all the time. I have yet to check a signal the Deus in my buddy's hand has found that I could not get with the detector I had in my hand at the time. It is a very fast reacting detector I will give it that much and it is ergonomically without comparison. But I swing slowly. Slower than anyone else I detect with. Even in high iron sites I do just as well with my older detectors swinging slow as my buddy swinging his Deus like he's cutting the grass.

My style of detecting does just as well with my old detectors as me using the Deus. That's why I'm selling it. It has not improved my finds at all, but in fact my finds have gone down every time I use it. I'm either very very good at using my old detectors or very bad at learning the Deus.

The difference between a detector from 20 years ago in terms of the ability to find good finds compared to today's detectors is no where near the difference between using a detector from the early '70's compared to one from the '90's. I don't feel out-gunned against anything new today and my finds side by side in the same field shows me this most times.
April 19, 2016 07:04PM
Arthur,
Hunting just 3 times,, and give up on any detector,,,,is not enough hunts IMO.

I never did see what settings you were using,,,Deus with a few adjustments can be made to hunt better depending on the site,, and what you are after conductive wise.

I don't know what other detectors you are running either.

I will say sometimes a detector doesn't mesh with a person for whatever reason.

I certainly won't be getting rid of either of my Deus units.

And with saying this,,, I have the following other Vlf detectors,,,Makro Racer1, Minelab CTX, Minelab XS explorer.

The Deus to get the most out of it,,, it is about the sound-- not the meter reading per se.

I guess I've said about all I can on your issue.

Cheers.
April 20, 2016 03:45AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> Arthur,
> Hunting just 3 times,, and give up on any
> detector,,,,is not enough hunts IMO.
>
> I never did see what settings you were
> using,,,Deus with a few adjustments can be made to
> hunt better depending on the site,, and what you
> are after conductive wise.
>
> I don't know what other detectors you are running
> either.
>
> I will say sometimes a detector doesn't mesh with
> a person for whatever reason.
>
> I certainly won't be getting rid of either of my
> Deus units.
>
> And with saying this,,, I have the following other
> Vlf detectors,,,Makro Racer1, Minelab CTX, Minelab
> XS explorer.
>
> The Deus to get the most out of it,,, it is about
> the sound-- not the meter reading per se.
>
> I guess I've said about all I can on your issue.
>
> Cheers.

Here's how much I cared about the Deus meter...I actually covered it up with a piece of plastic. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out I figured out a long time ago that meters are responsible for more missed targets than any new feature added to a detector since the BFO! I can't argue with you on the Deus abilities when I see what you are comparing it to...all modern technology. All great detectors in their own right. But I love my old Fisher 1265X, Wilson Relic & Coin ll, Teknetics Mark1 and original Minelab Sovereign. Everyone who hunts with me using the machines you named above see what I don't miss with mine. I'd also much rather drive down a country road in a vintage Dodge Charger than a new one off the lot today! I'd much rather see a nice looking mature woman in her 40's walking down a beach in a bathing suite than a 20 something college girl strutting her stuff. smileys with beer
April 20, 2016 03:56AM
Sounds like you better stick to your old faithfuls. Nothing wrong with that.

Having confidence in one's own metal detector they are running--- means a great deal.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2016 04:07AM by tnsharpshooter.