Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Trifecta Indecision and Deus Coils

Posted by Chris Woods 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Trifecta Indecision and Deus Coils
April 26, 2016 08:45AM
First off allow me to thank y'all for all the info and advice in my "help thinning out the herd" thread. There will be some similarities between that thread and this one simply because I don't think I phrased some of the questions clearly in the first post so I want to take one more shot at it and then I will put it to bed so to speak.

I'm still being fickle as I love the CTX and the Deus mostly due to the technology and the results I believe I will get as I learn to set them up and speak their language.

The F75 was the first detector since the 6000 DI Pro that I really "took to". That combined with it's ease of use, depth, ergonomics depth etc. makes this one hard to let go of as well.

As I said in the "thinning the herd" thread, I'm gonna have learn my machines all over again so throwing a new one in the mix shouldn't cause too much of a disturbance in the force. Due to the last spinal surgery I had my detecting time will be limited to short bursts for an indeterminate amount of time. I've done the site research and obtained permissions so now I'm looking for the best 1,2 or 1,2,3 punch I can put together in order to maximize my good finds/time ratio.

With that in mind let's say you are at your local metal detecting superstore and you were the one millionth customer. Your prize is your choice of three of the following detectors. You can only pick three and you can't re-sell them. You must keep and use them in parks and such coin shooting as well as in the rusted ferrous badlands relic hunting.

Which three would you pick and why?

1.) CTX 3030 with the stock and 6" coils

2.) XP Deus with the 9" and either one of the 11" or 11" X 13" coils

3.) Camo F75 ltd2 with the stock elliptical 11"DD, 5"DD, 4" X 6" elliptical concentric, and 10" elliptical concentric coils all on lower rods as well as a Sunray Pinpointer Probe

4.) Nokta Fors Relic with the stock and a 5"DD coil

5.) Maybe, and I mean juuuuust maybe, a GMP with the stock and 5"DD COILS

Thanks in advance for your input. I promise this will be the last thread of this type out of me for a long time.

Chris
Re: Trifecta Indecision and Deus Coils
April 26, 2016 11:55AM
1.) Camo F75 ltd2 with the stock elliptical 11"DD, 5"DD, 4" X 6" elliptical concentric, and 10" elliptical concentric coils all on lower rods as well as a Sunray Pinpointer Probe

The F75 ltd2 with the coils listed, will handle just about any hunting situation I would come across.

2.) CTX 3030 with the stock and 6" coils

The water machine of the bunch (with waterproof headphones).

With those two listed above, wouldn't really need any more, but, for my 3rd choice:

3.) Nokta Fors Relic with the stock and a 5"DD coil

Haven't used the Relic, but, I do have the CoRe. Would be for the relic hunting along with the F75.

The Deus would be my last choice, I have one with the 9" and 11" coils. A good machine, but, not my favorite of the ones listed.

Never used a GMP so can't really comment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2016 12:00PM by cadman.
Re: Trifecta Indecision and Deus Coils
April 26, 2016 02:52PM
I only use the 9 had the 11 got rid of it

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!