Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Bigfoot coil prices?

Posted by Harold,ILL. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Bigfoot coil prices?
April 28, 2016 08:22PM
I'm a fan of Bigfoot coils,But come on this is crazy. 2 on the bay. One newer Model 1200.00 and one 6.59 KHZ version 700.00 both are starting bids! Both are NOS, But come on that is insane!
Re: Bigfoot coil prices?
April 28, 2016 09:21PM
You'd have to find a few coins to pay for one of those babys!!!
April 28, 2016 10:34PM
I don't feel bad now for what I paid for mine. At least mine had the thicker more sturdy coil ears and it is a 6.59 kHz which not many of those made with thicker ears as that was a problem with thinner ones braking and having to be reglued.
April 29, 2016 12:48AM
At that price (700 & 1200 on ebay)----those things oughta have golden ears!smiling smiley
April 29, 2016 03:16AM
Unreal. I thought maybe they could be preserved as museum pieces and mounted on pedestals for that much money. I sure wouldn't want to pay more for a coil than you would for a detector and then go out and scratch them up. I want to watch to see if anyone actually does buy them. I have one I paid $125 for several years ago I keep on an IDX. I like it but I don't think it's worth more than what I paid for it performance wise.
April 29, 2016 05:08AM
I have seen the later model for the DFX go for $700 but those prices are just wishful thinking. If they were NOS they would be in plastic bags with the BigFoot fact sheets.
April 29, 2016 09:31AM
Never liked them myself. Balance was very bad. The depth was not that good. But hey maybe Dilek and Makro can make them.smoking smiley They seem to respond to requests very well. I guess it depends on the market.
April 29, 2016 02:25PM
Good thread going on Steve H's forum about this now. Bottom line, they are so labor intensive to make that you would starve to death trying to make them as a business.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold