Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Keith said...

Posted by ncwayne 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Keith said...
April 29, 2016 12:53PM
I worked with the factory on the Omega 8500 for awhile...

It was designed for trash work ..and its tighter..its has slight audio compression which you notice..Where you stated clipped.It is indeed gated tighter..

And yes I also the 2 tone I wished high tone to be higher yet it was never incorporated..

Just wondering, Keith, if you feel the same way about the Nokta Relic? I'm curious as to why the 2 tones in Di2 are so close? There's no real high tone and no real low tone, more like 2 mid-tones with a little difference between them.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
Re: Keith said...
April 29, 2016 03:20PM
Hmmmmmm..

I find the two tones to be very far apart on the Relic..

That was one of the the things we wanted Changed from the First proto...the first Proto had the high tone in two tone mode a bit too low..

So the factory changed the High tone to the same highest tone the FG+ uses ...the number 5 setting on the FG+ for reference ...it was like on about number 3 setting to begin with.with first incarnation....

its supposed to be 600-700 hz range and the low tone is supposed to be the 100Hz range..

I get out my production model and check it I've never used that one..The one I use the most is the last finalized pre release( the one to make sure all changes were right) and it's very good between the tone spread..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 29, 2016 06:34PM
I am wondering if some prototypes or reworked prototypes were in the first shipment based on some people having poor performance and others with decent machines.
April 29, 2016 07:36PM
I doubt it..

the proto's I have even startup different than the final version...

The final should be a PROPER unit unless something wonky went on..

Are a lot of people having problems?? Or isolated???

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 29, 2016 10:27PM
They are isolated problems. I had problems and getting a new machine. I have read about discrimination problems and weak depth from others on the forum. I speculated that it was an internal electronic component quality control problem or that an early revision existed and was sent out. (or that the production machines were dumbed down with lower grade parts.) BUT I have also seen some good machine reports & videos. So, I hope my replacement machine will be a good one too.
April 29, 2016 10:54PM
I also find it disturbing that nobody is getting the air depth in the Deep mode on a production Relic unit that Nokta is demonstrating in their own videos. Everybody's test is about 4-6 inches less. (quarter or nickel) It makes me wonder what that is all about. I have owned a lot of different brands and they are all pretty consistent with air tests among owners. Nokta told me that air tests are "just for reference" which I don't agree with at all. I don't think any serious detectorists doesn't air test his/her machine to make sure it's working as advertised.
April 30, 2016 01:08AM
My relic had poor air test numbers when I first tested it after putting it together and testing it in the house. I then took it out to my test garden where I have a 12 in silver dime that's been in the ground for 5 years and it picked it up fine in 2 tone sense 93 so I didn't worry about it. The split on the 2 tone is just fine on mine.
April 30, 2016 04:40AM
The 2 tone split on mine is great. I got one of the early machines. I am surprised how well the Relic performs every outing thus far. I'm sure Nokta will make yours right. They have great customer service. HH.

Dean