Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

WTB..."Super Coin 6" coil for Fisher 1266X

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
WTB..."Super Coin 6" coil for Fisher 1266X
May 16, 2016 07:25PM
I know this is a very long shot...but I once had a Fisher 1266X and someone had made a coil for it called the "Super Coin 6". It was a 6" coil specifically made for the Fisher 1265 & 1266 detectors. I got rid of mine a few years ago and now I wish I hadn't...it fit the 1266X so well and was a coin killer. Any way...if any of you old timers still remember this coil or where I can find one...please contact me. Thanks!

Charles
Re: WTB..."Super Coin 6" coil for Fisher 1266X
May 16, 2016 09:39PM
Excellent coolwas right..

I had a few of them I bought off a dealer who went out of business..

it was as deep as the 8 but separated like a 5..

they were made here close to me back in about 89 or so..

I have sold all the ones I had..they were like gold when I sold them..

I seem to remember the builder said he only built maybe 100..

and sold them all but took forever..I had about 6 of them..

I'm sure theres some old dealers stock out there somewhere with a few on a shelf..

Bet those old dealers aren't on the net though..

Good luck.

KEEP US POSTED..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
May 16, 2016 09:47PM
Thanks Keith...I figured it would be a long shot but I've had a few long shots pay off before. Actually I've owned 2 of these coils since they came out in 89...wish I would have kept one. Had good depth for a 6" coil. Maybe someone will know a dealer who might have one laying around...who knows?

Charles
May 17, 2016 11:02AM
I have a 4" and an 11" that I was sent by Fisher labs many years ago in return for an article I wrote about the then Fisher 1220-X
So they are for the 1220 / 1260-X models but I don't know if they will fit the 1266-X?
They have 5pin female coil connections (very fine pins)

I never used any of them 'cos I had Sold the 1220-X by the time they had got to me.

Any use to you?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2016 12:59PM by Des D.
May 17, 2016 07:51PM
Won't fit the 1266X Des...but I appreciate the reply. I do have a 1260X electronics control box that would work with those coils. I would have to find a battery pack and rig up a set of rods to mount the coils to see if the 1260X box even works...it is supposed to be good...but I don't know for sure. Any idea how much you would want for the coils? Again...thanks for the come back.

Charles
May 17, 2016 08:00PM
Like hens teeth to find...good luck finding one.....yep excellent coil as had one years ago.....Dan
Still L@@king! smiling smiley
May 27, 2016 02:49AM
Still a--looking!!! I know there has to be one hanging around way out there some place?!!!