Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta FORS Relic Rundown ((Video))

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nokta FORS Relic Rundown ((Video))
May 16, 2016 07:32PM
Run Down
[www.youtube.com]

Airtest
[www.youtube.com]

Deep Dime
[www.youtube.com]

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2016 07:08PM by Keith Southern.
Re: Nokta FORS Relic Airtesting Video ..........Street Model
May 16, 2016 07:46PM
Thanks For doing that video, Keith.
I've never air tested my Relic but I just may do so next time I'm out away from EMI and see what it does with your same settings just for fun.
Ground really changes things.

Dean
May 16, 2016 11:15PM
Keith, I've never seen a nugget comparison between the Fors Gold+ and the Fors Relic and wonder if in your opinion the Relic is hotter than the Gold + on a small 3 grain nugget. Just your opinion, don't need a test--you do so many!
Thanks, Joel
May 17, 2016 04:18AM
Yes the Relic Is hotter,, might not be easy to tell but it is slightly hotter..Plus you can break the 2 tone if you are using Disc mode in your nugget hunts...On the FG+ you can only use 1 tone for exact accept reject of say a nail...I like to hear my rejected targets plus it offers a little more snap Vs using a Null..

The FG+ does have the ability to run a hair smoother in iSAT options in all metal.. but not sure that's a deal breaker..

The FR to me if I was looking at a Relic and Gold Je unit would be the best bet from Nokta..

I even mentioned at one time to the factory about calling it the Fors R/G...just add the iSat to it and let it take care of two hunters or either..Drop the FG+ all together,,

Since most Good Relic SITE machines are Gold unit's in some form or another...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2016 04:28AM by Keith Southern.
May 17, 2016 05:10AM
Thanks for the video Keith,

Does the Fors Relic give more mixed audio signals than the other Fors models?

Running VLF detectors by other manufacturers, I am used to one signal or the other. (Low or High tone only)
Therefore, I would up the discrimination level to listen for high tone coin signals.

I am thinking the source of all the iron falsing problems for myself and others is the blended audio signals.
When running high ID Filter or iron audio of zero, you are left with only a high tone on some nails and other iron junk.
A piece of iron like the one in your video gives an iron grunt mixed with high tone, not just one low tone.

-Don

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2016 05:11AM by Don71.
May 17, 2016 06:44PM
It can to a degree Don..

What's its actually doing is BLEEDING more than the other units especially in 2 tone..

Why?? It's AMPED up..

The MakNoks are very good in terms of reporting through audio multiple targets in the same snapshot..and one of the reasons is the DNA of the machine's is based off a Blendy Bleed'y audio..Thus allowing ofr better Co-Locate target retrieval..Intermingled targets of say ferrous and non ferrous dissected with audio..

the FR is extremely amped up on the front end of the unit...more so than the other MakNok's..So what we have is some different language from the MakNoks usual tellign reprots..

The machines when pushed hard can eclipse the disc circuit NORMS...in terms of it can still report even though the disc is saying its a nail ..it can still be so strong it tries to read high..

BUt the machine luckily has TRAITS and NUANCES to the Spectacular AUDIO..

If the machine wasn't of MakNok DNA I'm afraid it really would be a nightmare...Take a Machine like a F19 same freq But have it running as hard as a FR...F19 is a on/off report unit..if it was AMPED up it would really offer no CLUES in audio ...and that's one for the reasons you don't see it running HOT...the Engineer's Know how to build a F19 HOT but it would become more hated than adored...

Luckily the FR has additional Feature sets to allow for the Amped up running..And one of the main advantages is the audio is BLENDY AND BLEEDY..and once you Lock in on the Nuances Hang on if your in thick iron..it will light up everything but it lights up the Goodies ROUNDER audibly if that makes sense..

This is Pushing a High Freq High Gain unit HARDER and when operators have evolved though the years on the Gold unit's and such being put to use in iron for relic retrieval the things that happen on the FR are things you want to happen on a boundary pushing scale..

Users that are say just coming into the High Freq High gain world and opt of the FR Im sure will not be inclined to really adore the unit..Especially coming from Coin type units..Its different but still useful..Just useful in SITE WORK...

But use it for what it was designed for...PURE relic site work ..Then it's a Great Tool to have in the arsenal..

For me to be honest It's all the machine I need for site work ..I can make it do what i want it to do..I can make it work for me not against me..

If you Know why you need a site tool and have looked for one,,, heres a Viable choice..With coil options maybe the only one a Hunter will need for site work.

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
May 17, 2016 07:05PM
Thanks Keith, That explanation helps.

Do you leave your ID Filter low (like 1 or 2) to hear the blended low/high signals when working a site? (especially one with a lot of old nails)

Do you ever run high ID Filter (Discrimination) to erase the iron signals or does that leave you with too many ferrous high tones?

-Don
Deep Dime Test Video
May 17, 2016 08:08PM
[www.youtube.com]

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
Excellent vids keith and thanks for taking the time to make them and sharing them here

shows the STRENGTH and weaknesses (what little there are of weaknesses) of the FR

Any machine that can hit 9/10" high conductor dimes in YOUR bad dirt even just enough to the point that will alert a veteran hunter to stop/investigate to the possibility of a deep good target = stands above and beyond most units out there.

I know from your past vids that not even the F19 or F75 can hit that 10'' dime of yours but the FR hits it just enough to warrant investigation for sure.

I'm glad you pointed out/tried to get across that the FR ain't no "coin hunters" machine too. That's what gets me to no ends reading thru the crap here on this forum. A new unit arrives on the market and what's the 1st thing the masses do? Run right out and spend $700 on a unit with a BIG FAT RELIC STICKER ON IT to use for coin hunting and then piss & moan when they find it's too hot to handle/not made for that purpose (BUT EVEN WORSE THAN THAT) = start conspiracy theories that the testers were sent some special unit/s while testing but then the gen. public is sold lesser quality/malfunctioning units = give me a break thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2016 10:37PM by MichiganRelicHunter.
Wow, internet experts.

The truth is that new release detectors sometimes have bugs.
I usually don't buy in the first 6 months until any issues are worked out.
Sometimes, jumping the gun to try a new machine out.

Personal examples:
Fisher F19 Recall (first batch had depth issues)
Minelab GPX-4500 Recall (first batch had bad diodes and chatter)
Other machines that had starting issues, later revisions solved their problems.

Another dirty secret, some detectors are hotter than others. I have had examples of this in my own hands. Some test units showed huge air test results like in Keith's Racer 2 video.

-Don
MRH - Quit holding back and tell us how you really feel grinning smiley

You forgot the conspiracy theory about finds being faked to sell units. That one is even better than the tester grade machines vs street machines conspiracy. It makes me question whether some actually even get out and hunt or if they just practice keyboard warrioring. I dunno. After tonight I have 2 days off in which I am going to try and hit #50 on flat buttons for the month.
Don71 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow, internet experts.
>
> The truth is that new release detectors sometimes
> have bugs.
> I usually don't buy in the first 6 months until
> any issues are worked out.
> Sometimes, jumping the gun to try a new machine
> out.
>
> Personal examples:
> Fisher F19 Recall (first batch had depth issues)
> Minelab GPX-4500 Recall (first batch had bad
> diodes and chatter)
> Other machines that had starting issues, later
> revisions solved their problems.
>
> Another dirty secret, some detectors are hotter
> than others. I have had examples of this in my own
> hands. Some test units showed huge air test
> results like in Keith's Racer 2 video.
>
> -Don

Paranoid much dude?

No armchair Hunter/internet expert here

Been hunting since 1977 myself and do it as much as I possibly can weekly except maybe 2.5 months each yr during snow/winter season and have since I started back then basically with a good 75/80 machines in total under my belt

You?

Even newbies know most of the info you posted above so nothing new there. Try again?

And how about the fact nok/mak has had that platform on the market far longer than you realize but only added some features to the FR unit and tweaked the platform a bit before releasing it as it is in the FR form now? Oh what's that? Didn't know that? Well there goes your "new release" theory and having to have "the bugs" worked out.

I notice that you had nothing but bad things to say about the FR in 2 or 3 different FR threads here for the last week or more and/but also never said a thing about my Block "A" button found with the FR

Must be one of those conspiracy theory guys Daniel mentioned in his post here? I'd bet my last dollar YOU and a few others here just won't accept the fact that that button was found in Michigan dirt by a machine you've done nothing but down put and complain about since you got it.

And with this post = I now wash my hands of the likes of you.
Wow, spend more effort hunting rebel relics up there in Michigan. Less time on forum fights.
-Don
Daniel Tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> MRH - Quit holding back and tell us how you
> really feel grinning smiley
>
> You forgot the conspiracy theory about finds being
> faked to sell units. That one is even better than
> the tester grade machines vs street machines
> conspiracy. It makes me question whether some
> actually even get out and hunt or if they just
> practice keyboard warrioring. I dunno. After
> tonight I have 2 days off in which I am going to
> try and hit #50 on flat buttons for the month.

Daniel

I know you love to hunt and do as much as you can

I'd love to see all the flat buttons and any other items you've found along with them thumbs down

PS
I'm sure many others here would too!

Post em up brother man!
kudos for videos; request for one on tones and tone breaks
May 18, 2016 02:32PM
Nice job, Keith, with the Relic (machine) videos! Especially the deep dime vid. Very informative. Thorough. Helpful. Do you find the tone frequencies on your "street machine" to be the same as your prepro?

I think a video about tones and tone break settings on the Relic would be instructive. I just got back in from doing a session on tones using a rusty square nail, a gold wedding band, and a silver dime; and running the Relic through all the disc modes.
In DI3 I set the tone break at 70 to get a different tone on the gold band and the silver dime (62,63 - 84, 85 TIDs, respectively). I can certainly hear a difference but still don't understand why Nokta didn't make the gap in frequencies wider, ie, a higher high tone in place of the upper mid-tone they call high.
I also find the manual a bit confusing when it refers to the tones in DI3 as a "low grunt tone for iron, a low tone for gold and foil, and a high tone for non-ferrous metals such as silver, brass and copper." In the other modes, it simply refers to a low tone. In my session, I found all of the disc modes, other than DI3, to have a grunt/fuzzy low tone (below the tone break) and another (mid?) tone for all else. Nokta doesn't call the tone (that is not a grunt/fuzzy) a mid-tone or low-tone. They refer to it as a "single tone (for all other metals)." So, in my experience, all 2-tone modes offer these tones: grunt/fuzzy and non-grunt/fuzzy. This was verified in another session I just did using a nickel, gold wedding band, and silver dime. I set the tone break between the nickel and gold band and the nickel produced the fuzzy tone and the others, a non-fuzzy tone.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
Hmm, noticed my previous post was indented as if it had been a reply (quote) to MRH's reply to Daniel Tn. So I thought I would try again (reply to original topic) and it did the same thing. It indented my message under Don71's message as if I was replying (quote) to him.
First time this has happened to me. Wondering what's going on with the forum software?

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2016 06:03PM by ncwayne.
Wayne,
I was confused by the manual at first as well. The "low tone" that they refer to in the manual is actually the mid tone. The three sounds they refer to are the grunt tone, the low tone ,and the high tone. I think we refer to them differently- low ,mid, and high.

Dean
Re: kudos for videos; request for one on tones and tone breaks
May 18, 2016 09:28PM
Yes the Hz of the last proto and the Street units are the same..

If you don't like the Mid tone/High tone separation now you would've hated it to begin with ...lol

When in two tone the Grunt and the other tone is all that is present..you decide were to break it..the grunt is a grunt spit sound a the higher tone is an actual VCO type report ..

In 3 tone the Grunt Is still the same tone as the 2 tone grunt.. the mid tone is a sampled type less modulated report with slight VCO tinge and the highest tone is sampled less modulated report with slight VCO tinges..

I have no problem in two or three tone telling the tones..

Thanks For the feedback.

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
awesome!! thanks for doing it with a button and bullet, I like my machine as much as any i have had, I got a Deus and it was just not for me, sold it took a bath, got a Whites, no need to keep betting that horse!!
Re: Nokta FORS Relic Rundown ((Video))
June 25, 2016 06:44PM
Sorry Had a lot of request to get something up on settings..

Took awhile...busy time of year..

Here ya Go..

[www.youtube.com]

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
June 25, 2016 09:02PM
Excellent informative video Keith on the rundown thru all the different modes/etc and in how to set the machine up in each mode and also how to set it up to get max performance in each thumbs down

I'm glad you were able to work with Alper and pushed to get the machine tweaked/developed as is in the final release because without your input = we wouldn't have the machine as it is!!
(good name you picked for it too) = it's going to go down in the history books as "legendary" for sure!!

Thanks to Monte and I think Tom-D too? in their input during the development too thumbs down

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2016 09:11PM by MichiganRelicHunter.
June 25, 2016 10:29PM
I want one of them new size coils for sure, got one on order from Don at NGR
June 26, 2016 08:35AM
Nice shakedown Keith.
June 27, 2016 04:01AM
Ziggy thanks Bud!!

Wayne ..thumbs downthumbs down

Potomac...You'll love the 5x10..its the tightest of all the coils I've tried on the Relic..Don't forget there's a Concentric version Too if your in alot of modern trash..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla