Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Statements & question(s) for Keith!

Posted by D&P-OR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Statements & question(s) for Keith!
May 20, 2016 04:04AM
Keith------You must be a millionaire!! (that's (one of) the statements--here's the questions) grinning smiley-----(1) How in the world do you afford to acquire & try all these detectors you go thru?-------(2) How many detectors do you think you have owned/used/tested in your detecting career?-------Another statement---You are a walking encyclopedia of detectors & detecting related facts my friend!------Another question---Do you have all these facts & info. in your head or do you have notes/records (for some of it) that you refer to in that regard?-------You never cease to amaze me with your knowledge of this great hobby---(LIFESTYLE)! smiling smiley-----You are a real asset to the m.d.ing community--to this great hobby!-------BTW--I also think you produce some of the best/most informational vids out there---keep up the good work!--------------Del.
Re: Statements & question(s) for Keith!
May 20, 2016 04:35AM
+1

Well said, Del.
May 20, 2016 05:32PM
Des------Keith musta moved to France with Kevin!grinning smiley------Aw, Keiths probably working more of those dreaded 16 hr. shifts----a guys gotta sleep sometime.-----Where yah at Keith??
May 20, 2016 07:03PM
Ole' Keith Southern! Between Him and Dan,PA. they have owned about every VLF ever made!
It's nice to have someone who has used that certain oldie but goody to ask questions about.
May 20, 2016 10:09PM
Well I must say very very much in gratitude for your kind words.. Del, Marcomo..Harold,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1st off..No millionaire LOL!!!! far from it...If your using the millionaire to imply I'm Rich monetarily that is

But I'm rich in a lot of other ways...And I'm thankful for all I have family,friends,,Job,,and pursuit of my life long quest..

I usually try to keep a half dozen or so units on hand sometimes a dozen or more ...but I use them for more about checking against one another ..looking for the best for the job..

How do I afford them ???....I sell/trade finds that I'm not interested in especially silver and non civil war relics.I sell units I dont use or dont require at them moment or foreseeable future and then buy a unit I need for the foreseeable future..

One thing that always grabs my attention is how can say (4) 19khz or there about units be so similar yet so different?? its the DNA the deep inner core that can not be altered of a individual unit....Even a DEUS is till DNA LOCKED and after even a new upgrade its still DEUS DNA oozing from it..

My main aim is to prove history through finds...mainly Civil War...the by products of this passionate quest is the equipment and trying to find tools that go one find better in MY SITES..

Over time you just accumulate a lot of info...I'm sure most would find it useless ..especially someone who doesn't need the info..

I do have a lot of info written down ...And I do have a lot of Videos I've never uploaded with lots of air test and face plate settings and such to index back too for my own personal needs..even have videos of burying targets in the test beds and such for reference...just stuff no one would want to see...

I learned along time ago to take pics and video what ever I can to revert back too at a later time..say my machine is acting weird I can look back and see if I'm set up right and even what it should sound like on a target..

This is huge with proto type units..first thing I do is video log the units....then if I send it back and they return it re tweaked I can cross check things..

I have a lot of videos. hours and hours ..I may share one day..Just not today..LOL!!

And I do have a good bit of the burned in stuff I like to call just inside my head...I'm sure I've had to make room in there so I've lost some stuff like shoe tying and such..LOL...

Most of my replies on the forums I'm sure you can tell is just me talking...Hence my weird wordings and a lot of MADE-UP words...I have to put stuff in simplistic terms for me to understand it.. I have a hard time expressing what I'm trying to convey...so the simpler the better for me......Very limited vocabulary......A person such as the likes of NASA Tom I could never even hope to be able to understand his thought's and analytical mindset and abilities to reason out through scientific methods....So I just play it safe..!!

Heck I'm not even sure how to properly type ..LOL

OK enough of that..

And again thanks for the kind words...It means a lot for you to take the time to ask make a post like that..Ive talked with tom about this before...I like to HELP out all where I can if I can...My only real value is detecting so I choose detecting s my way to give back..

Ive talked about and talked about what I know, and I hate to be repetitive..That's why new machine's excite me..its new info to share..If its worth sharing...

One day I may also talk about all the bad things Ive encountered with units...And just plain awful performance on certain models..second thought I doubt it..LOL

All of you are very helpful I want y'all to know that!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
May 21, 2016 04:27AM
You just keep driving that unimportant stuff out of your mind, Keith.

You can always go with Velcro for the shoes...
May 21, 2016 02:50PM
Keith how in heavens name do you not get mixed up comes to mind....Sure I have had and used a lot of the oldie but goodies but to be mentioned in a post along with you is sure an honor...unfortunately at 78 with wifes bad health have really slowed down and don't have a prayer rel the new units you have mentally undressed with tips and settings for superior performance...Keep up the good posts as you are sure appreciated and have cut down the learning period for many. Tip of the hat for your contributions to the hobby and the forum.
May 21, 2016 04:14PM
Keith your admirers span many forums and maaaaany people. THANKS !!
May 22, 2016 03:15PM
Funny

it's like national praise Keith day/thread here grinning smiley

Jus messin w/you pal!

You're truly an unmatched asset to the hobby/forum for 100% sure thumbs down
May 23, 2016 07:15PM
Dan I think it's the other way around..

Its an honor to be mentioned with you Sir!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
May 23, 2016 07:17PM
Doc kind words ..

We all learn from each other..

Wayne ..LOLtongue sticking out smiley

Thank's Bud....

You are a great wealth of Knowledge !!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
May 24, 2016 01:47AM
I am compelled to comment on this thread. I want to second every kind word that has been spoken about Keith. He has helped me during my metal detecting learning curve by talking to him, PMing him, and by his vids. He has been immensely helpful in identifying bizarre Civil War relics for me. And never once did he seem aggravated or irritated in any way. I consider him as my friend. And am proud to do so. As we say down here in Tennessee: "He's good people!"
May 24, 2016 05:06PM
Very Kind words Mr Kevin!!

I can tell your the salt of the earth type!

I must commend you on the Excellent finds and Vigor and Enthusiasm of which you exude in your quest..I've been around a lot of Hunters in my time and you're one of those rare types that want more and more from a site just to prove history and to prove you can do it.. ..I can tell you have that Burning quest in you to never be completely satisfied on a site..you already know there's more there and you HAVE to figure out how to get it..That's where you make your greatest finds in this quest and not just in terms of actual finds but in terms of self fulfillment..

when a person has a Passion for History and a passion for detecting and you combine those two things they feed off each other ..one fuels the other ...quite the Ride to be on is it not?? Your body is stuck in the middle so to speak carrying out the mechanical physical parts to fulfill the needs of the ethereal world our quest seems to be taking us on...

Thanks Kevins for the kind words and I also consider you to be a Friend!!!!!!

I hope to meet up with you one day for a hunt!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla