Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Good.......now the bad!!!

Posted by D&P-OR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Good.......now the bad!!!
May 23, 2016 02:22PM
Daniel I remember those bad Excels. I didn't buy one , But that was same time I got My First CZ-3D from Brian at Southern Treasures and He told Me later about all the problems.
May 23, 2016 07:37PM
The only real dogs I have had were these two...

BH Sharpshooter II. 3" dime max. I called the factory and was told I could get it upgraded for $75. I chose to part with it instead.

Whites QXT. Audio id to 5" before it went to threshold tone. No depth. Read the reports, thought I had to be missing something and tried a couple more. All the same. Called Whites and asked about it. Was told it is what it is.

I have some others I'm not fond of but I don't put them in the dog category.
HH
Mike
May 23, 2016 08:22PM
These certainly weren't dogs, but of the many detectors I've owned these two I knew I didn't like after 5 minutes-the Fisher 1270 and the Tesoro Lobo Super Traq. I thought the 1270 would be an upgrade over the 1266, which was a great detector. The 1270 was lighter than the 1266, but the balance was terrible. And the ground balance did not carry over to the disc side. Same with the Lobo. Poor balance and the GB only affected the all metal side. I gave them both about 20 hours but had to part with them after that. Everyone here has owned quite a few detectors, and knows it doesn't take long to tell if you don't like one.
May 25, 2016 09:50AM
Garrett 2500 not enough settings and sizing was wrong. White's V3 not for me, and the 5.3 coil would not let you get close to anything.
May 25, 2016 12:49PM
The worst one was a Relco, second worst was a original Whites Gold Master (1960) bfo and the third worst was a Tesoro Tejon (no depth).
Did not like the Gs bell tone either.
May 25, 2016 01:14PM
Where do the good depth claims on the Tejon come from? I remember some of the posts on the Depot, when it was released, by a few claiming great depth in bad ground. At the time I took it as fiction based on other users reviews.

Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2016 01:15PM by Jackpine.
May 25, 2016 02:51PM
Mike Hillis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The only real dogs I have had were these two...
>
> BH Sharpshooter II. 3" dime max. I called the
> factory and was told I could get it upgraded for
> $75. I chose to part with it instead.
>
> Whites QXT. Audio id to 5" before it went to
> threshold tone. No depth. Read the reports,
> thought I had to be missing something and tried a
> couple more. All the same. Called Whites and
> asked about it. Was told it is what it is.
>
> I have some others I'm not fond of but I don't put
> them in the dog category.
> HH
> Mike

Mike, I remember Critterhunter raving about the QXT- PRO and even had a site deticaded to it exclusivly.
Almost tried one several times, But then realized He was only one praising it so maybe He had a hot one so I passed.
May 25, 2016 02:58PM
Tejon could have been the machine to give teoro a truly great machine but they chose to stop short. Still single tone beep and dig where as two tone with v-break would have made it very different with more info. Ten turn GB would have solved the touchy GB issue. Just sold mine because it was just not a fun machine to use..

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.
May 28, 2016 08:37PM
SkiWhiz Wrote:
> Good topic Del. Not that it is a bad detector but
> the Garrett Ace 250's bell-tone sounds could drive
> a person insane. Why oh why Garrett ever came up
> with that is beyond me.

i'm with ya on this! most "god awful" sound emanating from a detector
so f**king annoying!..really!..also that "puke color" green..hot damn!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
May 28, 2016 08:48PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> Didn't Charles Garrett call that bell tone the
> "Sound of Money".?

i believe you are correct harold!
most others thought it sounded like
"bad gas passing"..i'm just saying'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
May 28, 2016 08:55PM
jim tn Wrote:
> 3 F 75's over the last 10 years have found me more
> silver then in my previous 35 hears of hunting.
> Wonderful detector! HH jim tn

jim! i heard through credible sources that YOU
helped design that baby! ehe! he! he!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
May 29, 2016 12:01PM
Jackpine Wrote:
> Where do the good depth claims on the Tejon come
> from? I remember some of the posts on the Depot,
> when it was released, by a few claiming great
> depth in bad ground. At the time I took it as
> fiction based on other users reviews.
>
> Tom

Tesoro's ad for the Tejon used to read "meets and defeats all soil conditions". They changed that because it doesn't. In my ground it wouldn't detect a 58 cal bullet at 5 inches, but the Vaquero, Cibola and Silver would. Say anything critical of the Tejon on the Depot, and get banned for life. That's not a bad thing. The Depot use to be the top dog and now it's just about dead.
May 29, 2016 04:53PM
I've had a few I wasn't impressed with but I think my least favorite was the Omega 8500. Not very fond of the Tesoro Golden either.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2016 01:51PM by Tom Slick.
May 29, 2016 05:01PM
I had great hopes for the Tejon when it first came out, but to me it was a huge disappointment, no depth in my dirt, I even took it bact to the factory, was informed it was ok. I was a Tesoro fan and still am but the Tejon was a piece of crap IMO.
May 29, 2016 05:42PM
Same here on the Tejon. I have owned several over the years and only had one really "hot" one. The rest were so/so. I took a LOT of flak for my posts about it; as mentioned above, from the Depot crowd over there. Years later, I revisited the topic with a 2 part video I did on YouTube and it was probably one of the most comment driven videos I have ever done.
May 29, 2016 07:17PM
I had great hopes for the Tejon when it first came out, but to me it was a huge disappointment, no depth in my dirt, I even took it bact to the factory, was informed it was ok. I was a Tesoro fan and still am but the Tejon was a piece of crap IMO.
May 29, 2016 11:19PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> Same here on the Tejon. I have owned several over
> the years and only had one really "hot" one. The
> rest were so/so. I took a LOT of flak for my
> posts about it; as mentioned above, from the Depot
> crowd over there. Years later, I revisited the
> topic with a 2 part video I did on YouTube and it
> was probably one of the most comment driven videos
> I have ever done.

I remember that video and all the feedback. I think you pitted it against an F75 if I'm not mistaken. Same results I had. I really wanted to like the Tejon but it just wouldn't do it for me.
May 30, 2016 09:08AM
Shenandoah Digger Wrote:
> These certainly weren't dogs, but of the many
> detectors I've owned these two I knew I didn't
> like after 5 minutes-the Fisher 1270 and the
> Tesoro Lobo Super Traq. I thought the 1270 would
> be an upgrade over the 1266, which was a great
> detector. The 1270 was lighter than the 1266, but
> the balance was terrible. And the ground balance
> did not carry over to the disc side. Same with
> the Lobo. Poor balance and the GB only affected
> the all metal side. I gave them both about 20
> hours but had to part with them after that.
> Everyone here has owned quite a few detectors, and
> knows it doesn't take long to tell if you don't
> like one.

For jewelry hunting in fresh water the 1270 was one of the best machines I have used. I drilled a hole in the case above the disc GB pot to allow adjustment and used a rubber plug to seal it. Dug deep craters in the sand on small non-ferrous and dug very little iron. The expanded disc mode plus its overall punch on low/mid conductors made it a great machine for that use. It was sold as a relic machine but I found its true calling. LOL

Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2016 09:13AM by Jackpine.