Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta Relic rising...

Posted by ncwayne 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nokta Relic rising...
May 23, 2016 06:06PM
In a previous post, admitting I had limited time afield with the Nokta Relic, I suggested that the Relic might not have the intelligible audio that the Racer, in my experience, has. "Am I wrong," I asked.

Well, now that I have been out at least four more times, or approximately 12 more hours of use, I can answer my own question, at least in my own mind. Yes, I was wrong. I now believe the Nokta Relic conveys just as much information in its audio, and possibly even more in its TID (target ID numbers) as my original Racer (can't speak for the R2). The Relic, to my ears, seems to have its own dialect, not quite the same tonal shapes and blends as my Racer, but just as conveying of target information.

There are others here on this forum who can give better technical explanations and devise more productive set-ups to coax marginal targets out of the ground, no doubt, but my only purpose in this thread is to say that the more I use the Relic, the more I like it. It's fun! And it produces. My relic fields are pretty much off limits til harvest time. If I need a relic fix, I will try to hit some home sites, or seek out some open woods (hard to find around here). For the finds below, I hunted the dirt road (driveway) that borders one of my fields, and a couple small fields that have yet to be planted. The driveway was virgin (to me) but both small fields have been gone over numerous times with the Racer and Deus. Hunt time was roughly 3.5 hours.

The good, the bad, and the ugly. What a relic machine should find.

Notice the leather piece with the two rivets. Probably leads/reins for the plow horse or mule, often looped behind the person working the plow. A few buck balls, too.

I love finding Indian Heads, but don't find them very often. This one (1895) came out of the driveway, wheat field on one side, house and yard on the other side. It was about 3 inches deep.

Thanks for looking.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
Re: Nokta Relic rising...
May 23, 2016 07:10PM
Good your getting along with it..

it does take awhile to get accustom to the Relic...Its very much a Powerhouse especially on that frq...and it blends and BLEEDS to the max...so yes its a different sort of language..Yet still very sleuthy...

BUT it jumps on relics with full gusto..

Im literally just killing it on Minnie balls .58 caliber's with this unit...Got another wad of them last night...

If it says 60/70 on I.D. and it sounds smooth round and modulated its a .58 caliber bullet..I have them I..d correctly to about 8 inches on my soil...Very easy to tell bullets on this unit..and for some reason it just kills them...I know when I started testing the protos it was like man this thing is a Bullet machine even int thickest of iron a bullets just locks on...

These Relic units are just that...lots of units can gets Round objects like coins and buttons out of iron ..but this unit gets you all the weird shapes out of iron that's left lurking that MOST other units wont lock on to...Brass objects like J hooks and sling hooks and toe taps suspender clips..etc..its just lights that stuff up..

Its a wire digger..I knew when I saw it digging wire it was on the right path..that thin brass wire I'm talking about..bundled up twisted around...Also loves iron back buttons ..Very important..and must have for true relic work..

Its set up right ...Just use it right..that the key..Put some good solid hours on it...like you're doing..75 hours before a judgement call is in order unless you just flat out hate it.. ..I have hundreds on mine now and I'm still finding out little tweaks here and there to make it work the site...

main thing is when using two tones keep sens low...I'm running 45 sens...Digging 10 inch bullets..even low sens its still is just a scorcher...and still deeper than say F19 on same freq..You'll also notice the machines very stable to coil bumps and such...most high gain units like this gets TOUCHY.. this unit does not..

Good info!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
May 23, 2016 07:52PM
Some nice finds,,good info.
Thanks for sharing

I'm with you,,on it is hard right now,,,person can't go really where they want to detect,,,,so have to be more creative and take basically anywhere where they can get their coil on the ground.
Maybe in a spot that has at least some probability to make a decent find or 2..
May 23, 2016 08:02PM
Nice work NcWayne

and glad to hear another person jumping on board with the relic as a great little tool in the right kind of site/s thumbs down

You're definitely correct in that the audio holds the key AND that it speaks a language all it's own.

Definitely takes a bit of getting used to and a while to master it too. They don't act/work like so many others you can just turn on and go and in a few hrs have the audio/language down -- so to speak.

I'm loving mine so far - pairs well with the CTX as a polar opposite but great team thumbs down

Keep at it and keep us updated!

HH
May 23, 2016 08:08PM
Yeah, it takes a little time to learn it's language. Was a fairly easy transition for me because I swung the CoRe for a year first. Still learning the subtle nuances of the Relic though.

Nice finds! Keep em coming!!

Dean
May 23, 2016 10:47PM
Wow what are they going to do with the impact, can they top what they have out now? I think the racer may make me dig more because of the audio. But many of my dirty sounding targets that I would pass up on other machines I have been digging on the racer for about 2 years and they do sometimes turn out to be killer finds. Masking has come a long way but some iron is just not going to give us a clue what is mixed with it. It may be 80% an iron tone with just a blip of a good tone. A lot of the time it is a square nail but it is the times that I find an old key or lock or part of a gun that makes me dig it. If I'm relic hunting then you have to expect that to happen. Maybe the impact will change all of that. I hope it does more then just offer us four freq...I'm hoping it will hunt better then the deus????????

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
May 23, 2016 11:55PM
I loved Kool Aid when I was a kid - so many flavors!

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
May 24, 2016 12:38AM
Nice digs Wayne!
May 24, 2016 01:35AM
Well done Wayne!! Love that Indian Head. The Nokta Relic is intriguing me.
May 24, 2016 01:54AM
Nice digs, the F/R is a different unit to be sure, I have only a couple of short hunts in with mine but definitely liking what I have seen so far.
F/R will also hit on truly tiny objects, so small they are hard to find even with pin-pointer sounding off. Unit loves low and mid conductors, thinking it may even do well with micro jewelry...
Drew.
May 24, 2016 12:40PM
I have about 50 to 60 hours in on my Relic now. In the beginning I dug so many shell casings and lead bullets trying to get used to the tones and nuances of the relic. This machines loves odd shaped object like no one's business. I have found objects that I know my Deus and Tesoros have been over that I am sure probably sound like junk so moved on but dug them with the relic. This machine reminds me of a Tejon with more tone options. To explain what that means is Tesoros force you to dig more cause when you set the disc and dig all solid tones above the disc. The Relic allows me to be a little more selective though. The small coil allows me to get in and around sage brush much easier than the Deus. The spread on the TID numbers on targets is great also. This was my problem with the original racer so I let it go. This machine along with the Deus will deplete a site of all its good targets in my opinion. The Relic seems to handle mineralized ground as well as the Deus also. If you can only have two relic machines for site work than I would choose the Deus and Relic because at this time I see no two better machines.
May 24, 2016 01:00PM
Nice finds AND what would we be Without Keith's great input on any and everything??
May 24, 2016 02:12PM
good finds!