Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

May diggin's

Posted by Daniel Tn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
May diggin's
May 24, 2016 03:08PM
I'm really starting to like the MX Sport. I believe this is "the one" I have been looking for.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2016 03:10PM by Daniel Tn.
Re: May diggin's
May 24, 2016 03:18PM
Nice finds, you still have a week to go.....smileys with beer
May 24, 2016 03:25PM
Nice finds Daniel

love those Block I's and that OLD silver!

It's ALL good though thumbs down
May 24, 2016 03:30PM
Dang Daniel you even got a few nice old coins in there!
Nice and good to see a Whites machine gettin' it done.
American made !
May 24, 2016 03:42PM
"Hey Daniel,

Whoa...that shouldn't be allowed!!! Just 2 buttons per hunt per person! Jeez...that's a LOT of buttons! Well done and continued success with the MXS"

Des D
May 24, 2016 04:34PM
Looking good Daniel.

You are tearing it up.

Enjoy the remainder of your time off!!!
May 24, 2016 04:45PM
Looks like your MX Sport LIkes ROUND!!

Nice digs..

I like the SIlver Reale..what's the date may I ask?

Those are Tennessee Style I buttons are they not?

Look's like it from the photo..

Congrats

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
May 24, 2016 05:25PM
WTG Daniel--bet you had fun diggin' those--I'm going to have to put on the tick spray and head to the woods.
May 24, 2016 06:24PM
Daniel. great finds!!! Love those buttons. Heck, love it all. The gun shop up the road has a new Whites MX Sport for sale. I felt of it......it felt great. The price wasn't bad either. But it had a round coil. I notice in the pic an elliptical coil. Did you try the round? Anyway, back to those Confederate buttons. Crap, I have only found one Confederate button and you seem to be in a nest of them! Very well done!!!!!
May 24, 2016 06:49PM
Gaudy! A spot like that ought to make a lot of detectors shine. Or not?
Why do you think it was the MX Sport, Daniel?

Lovely finds, btw!!

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
May 24, 2016 08:15PM
Wow! Great finds. That detector is great. It's working way better for me. Mine needs the pinpoint and sat update but I'm waiting till winter. I like the prospect mode a lot. I haven't noticed much difference in the 10" coil and 6x10. Just slightly more depth with the 10" coil.

Rick
May 24, 2016 08:45PM
Very nice! Looks you and the MXS are getting along nicely.

Dean
May 24, 2016 09:14PM
Daniel

What an outstanding group of finds. Something to be truly proud of there. I'm glad you found a VLF that works for you in your ground. Next time I meet up with Rick for a hunt he has offered to let me give his MX S a try.

Once again Congrats!

Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
May 24, 2016 09:25PM
Some nice squeezins, glad to see an American made metal detector making the finds...
May 24, 2016 09:29PM
Daniel, that's some wonderful digging. What kind of depth are you getting in your ground over there with the MXS? Nice digging! HH jim tn
May 24, 2016 09:40PM
Keith -- I'm not sure on the style on the I buttons. They are tin/iron back if that helps. When it comes to that kind of stuff, there are some people that have the Albert's button buck numbers memorized and can name off the type and number. I'm doing good to know I means infantry and if it ain't got an eagle on it, it's probably good. Yes the MXS likes roundness. A lot. It locks on and don't let loose but it's not shabby on minies and such either. I didn't post any of those; I like round things better for the most part.

ncwayne -- The response to your question would probably be better off answered in a PM or email. I will say that I owned the Fors Relic and MXS nearly the whole month of May. It was just last week that I parted with the Relic in favor of the MXS. This represents 3 different sites and a month of hunting and testing between the two to see which I liked best and which one I was going to keep. The Relic was a decent machine but it just didn't work for me unless I lowered the tone break down into the iron range. I had to throw the ID numbers out the window. If I didn't do that, then my finds would have been significantly less...as in maybe 10-15 of the total buttons in that flat button pic and 1 of the two coins. The MXS in just factory modes lit up everything. In one of the sites, I have had a good number of other detectors in there too but it was always so much iron and junk that it made it tough hunting.
May 24, 2016 11:21PM
Flaties from the 1700's, way cool.
May 26, 2016 03:35AM
awesome!!
May 27, 2016 06:43AM
Daniel that's some great saves. Looks like you were right last time we spoke about the MXS...That one spot we went to where you made the eyeball find would be a great location for that unit I bet. Keep it up