Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Racer 2 tone break in extreme iron.

Posted by Kickindirt 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Racer 2 tone break in extreme iron.
May 25, 2016 04:07PM
Just wanted to say the R2 in iron is very impressive. So test site was around a 1870s hotel foundations. I have been over this area with pretty much ever machine I've had and with other sniper coils. I was using the small Nel snake coil. Machine was ground balancing at 84 -87 with 4 bars on the minerization meter. Extreme nail and iron everywhere. I was able to pic out a few good finds, but I never did get any good solid signals. All signals were broken and with just a hint of a high tone. The VDI was only reading like a 13 -15 at most. Thing was I would get all kinds of false iron wrap type tones also but the few good finds I made gave me a tiny beep of a high tone that a was able to tell was a good possible signal. In the pic below I found the thimble, the larger ornate type plate looking thing, lead ball,and one of the thin buckles. Gain at 39-49 seemed to work best at this site. I'd filter at 0, notch filter 0, iron audio 2 Tone Break At 10. Three tone mode. Everything I found for the day about 3 hrs. Only mentioned items were in heavy iron. Rest was normal iron.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2016 04:10PM by Kickindirt.
Re: Racer 2 tone break in extreme iron.
May 25, 2016 05:39PM
You have discovered the secret that makes these machines great. The ground will open up now for you big time. Congrats and good stuff you dug there. When you get that same type tone practice dropping the iron audio to 1 and check it again. Made a huge difference for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2016 05:42PM by Jack Flynn.
May 25, 2016 07:27PM
"Yeah, I've also noted the R2 mightn't produce a TID any higher than 13, 16, 23, etc etc on a good item in iron! IF there's any flucuation at all from TID 4 or 6 >>> to higher I always DIG"
May 25, 2016 07:29PM
......I just noticed the 'Levi Strauss' button? Is that an "original" from eons ago???
May 26, 2016 05:18AM
Yes I believe the button is original from long ago. I found a few of them. To bad they are in so bad of shape, someone would prob want them lol