Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

MX Sport--- mini review

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: MX Sport--- mini review
May 29, 2016 04:22AM
If they take'm back and fix'em and throw in a sniper coil for all the inconvenience then everything is aware,,right.

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.
May 29, 2016 11:23AM
Well maybe to a new detectorist or someone that doesn't pay attention to the functions can they be fooled into believing this detector is fine..or would not know it's got issues. Was very easy for me to see it had issues..what sucks is those that have no clue or use it the way it is and never get it repaired then two years from now they start aging out of warranty.. then the knew buyers pick these up for sale used and they don't work properly.. it's just a hassle .. why not announce a button sequence to customers can check their own software?
May 29, 2016 02:34PM
Well basstracker we'll have to agree to disagree.

Here are three reasons why "I" am enjoying mine (yes that is another I button, found yesterday). It works fine without the updates. Like I said, it's not like it is some factory recall where it will catch on fire or self destruct if it doesn't have the latest update. It's a simple tone/audio correction. It's not like the F19 issue where it would barely pick up a coin or the F75 all metal where they neutered the depth, or leaking gaskets like the AT Pro had when it was introduced, or weak coil ears and bolts like the Makro machines had.

May 29, 2016 05:54PM
Daniel I do agree with you.. and all of those detectors you named with issues is very true.. I don't own any of those either .. here is my deal, I know most detectors will reach down close to the same these days. Some separate better etc..I buy for options , simple but useful options. If those options don't work then I don't use it.. I know my Silverado will drive me around with 2 flat tires and leaky radiator. But I prefer to have things working the way they should ...it's just me... doesn't matter what it is. Fishing, hunting, trucks, bikes computer etc. Has to work the way it was intended. Otherwise I'd buy a different item without that option...
May 29, 2016 07:04PM
Wow! More awesome Confederate buttons!!!! Very well done. I may very well have to get me a MX Sport! I haven't dug very many buttons this year but I have dug the heck out of some bullets and other stuff. Many of the bullets having been fired. Possible skirmish area unless the troops were emptying their rifles due to fear of moisture......misfire. I should be digging at least a few more buttons. Even if they are Union general service. I'm not sure that my Deus likes buttons as much as other detectors. Besides, I have only owned one Whites. An MXT All Pro and only for a few days. I REALLY should have given it more time. But I decided in January that I would stick with one unit. I'm not completely convinced that I stuck with the very best unit for my purposes. Only a small about 40% of my hunting is done in and amongst carpets of nails. Much of my hunting is done in skirmish areas and old campsites. I am liking what I am seeing with the MX Sport, more and more. And, it's waterproof. We have a lot of clear creeks around here with swimming holes that have been used since I was a skinny teenager, and before. I would assume that a lot of jewelry might have been dropped.
I could look it up, but in the interest of engaging in this conversation, may I ask....What is the frequency of the MX Sport? And is the big round coil that comes on it from the factory a DD coil? Thanks. And congrats on the great addition to your button collection, Daniel. Happy Memorial Day. Kevin
May 30, 2016 12:55AM
I guess its safe to say the MXS Works good in Hot ground.
May 30, 2016 04:34AM
Stock headphones ( non water proof) version.

My opinion-- they sound like shxt,, very muffled,, high tones don't sound high at all.

Putting sun Ray pro golds on the detector--- whole different ballgame,,nice sounding.

Actually external speaker sounds better than stock phones.

Have a place for some hunting opening up-- some night hunting too,,with this heat that has moved in.

Hopefully will be able to even do some signal comparisons and can report something worthy here as far as this detector goes.
May 30, 2016 05:25AM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I guess its safe to say the MXS Works good in Hot
> ground.

I have had mine in some 4 bar F75 indicated soil-- very impressive.

Can't speak for any higher levels of mineralization,,,but Old California seems to get pretty good results where he generally hunts,,at least good results,for a typical Vlf detector.

I see targets that squeaked as the coil trailed off of with F 75dst,,to come through a lot nicer with mx sport.

Daniel evidently is seeing something here as well as it relates to higher minerals.

I may be making a trip soon to a place that definitely has the 5 bars ground--- I am curious as well to see how deep it will at least tell me the target is nonferrous vs ferrous. Say a dime, quarter, and a 3 ringer bullet. The last time I was there,,F75 and Racer 1,, not good.
May 31, 2016 08:11PM
Here is a good vid talking about the detector.

Some good tips for new users too.

[m.youtube.com]