Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Ring Recovery the Other Day

Posted by goodmore 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Ring Recovery the Other Day
May 28, 2016 11:21AM
I was approached by a younger man at work who actually at one time was my supervisor. He asked if I still detected because his wife lost her wedding band playing soccer. She took her rings off to play and placed them in a pocket in her back pack. She later got out her phone and pulled a ring out with it. I told him sure I'll try. First thing I'm thinking is wow a soccer field is huge. But she lost it on the sideline so I got a chance. Second thing is we have to do it that night before they cut the grass. So we all show up.at the place where she played soccer. Guess what? 8 Soccer fields! Where did she play? The furthest one out there. If the ring fell out the pocket during the walk to her car it's a goner. Way too much turf. We walk out to the field where she played and it starts to rain. Thunderstorms are moving through. I tell them the first bolt I see I'm out of here. As soon as I say that the sky clears. Storms went around our location. She shows me where she believes the backpack was and I start sweeping. Up and down the sideline and nothing. I tell her to put her engagement ring on the ground. I sweep it and nothing. Her comes the most important part of the story. I'm using my Racer 2 which is still very new to me. I just don't have the time to hunt this year. Work and more work. I'm in two tone with discrimination at 10. Her ring comes in at 13. The 10 setting is close enough to discriminate the ring out. Wow. I just wasted a half hour. I drop it to all metal. Five sweeps later comes that beep. There is the ring. Total time 35 min. Three happy people .I was rewarded with a gift certificate to a local restaurant for 50.00. More than enough. My memories of the smiles on her face will last a long time. My first recovery in a long time. I have had a few in the past. I also failed on a few others. We were also approached by one of the people that work at the complex. He saw the detector. I was smart enough to not carry any digging tools so he was cool. Did find 27 cents on top of the ground. I guess the reason I posted this is for two reasons. If you are looking for women's rings with a Racer 2 at the beach or even in the dirt you better watch that discrimination. They come in low. And this ring was not a cheapo. It had three stones. Second reason and most of you already know this is the smile on a young woman's face is something special.
Re: Ring Recovery the Other Day
May 28, 2016 11:42AM
Well done!
I LOVE recovering rings for people!
$50.00....the "Outback" perhaps??? My favorite restaurant!
May 28, 2016 11:52AM
WTG on the ring recovery.

I'm about 50/50 on the success of recovering lost jewelry for people. In the cases of which I have found the lost item, only one of them was within a few feet of where they thought they lost the item.
May 28, 2016 12:19PM
Des D Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

$50.00....the "Outback" perhaps??? My favorite
> restaurant!

Great theme. Great Name. Terrible food quality. Gave up on them 20 years ago.
Was served a tough steak, full of gristle, and when I complained, I was told I had ordered the wrong steak.

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
May 28, 2016 03:00PM
Talk about rings and soccer fields heres my story. Expensive ring for jewish boys holiday and the field was large...Got permisson from the school and hunted t one way with no ring hits but lots of coin hits..Sat down for a bit and hunted it the opposite way...and using a notch Tesoro got a ring hit as it was lost the day before could not see it..well somebody must have stepped on it and just under the grass there it was...Funny thing it was exactly in the middle of the field....Took a couple of hours and moral of the story next time its a soccer fields lost ring " will think twice" on the other hand family was happy so good feeling for sure.
May 29, 2016 03:30AM
Nice little story there Goodmore--- with a happy ending.

Thanks for sharing.

Btw,,,you might have to look for the key to you know who's jail cell,,,after they lock her up and throw the key away.Lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2016 03:33AM by tnsharpshooter.
May 30, 2016 06:53PM
May 30, 2016 07:59PM
A long way until Nov. Sort of burned out on the entire thing right now. I might just stay home and shake my head with the rest of the nation. drinking smiley
May 30, 2016 08:31PM
Awesome story and reason I just started Hunting Soccer fields in my area with little more then a Probe and Pin pointer and Bigfoot coil to cover a lot of ground. This is the last frontier of Detecting in my area close by anyways. Almost all close by older spots are lost to Detecting I guess by now I don't have to say why.