Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

don't sell you blisstool YET"

Posted by GunnarMN 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
don't sell you blisstool YET"
May 28, 2016 01:37PM
I see people selling the bliss tool detectors , and some mention of its hard to set them up - I have had the same problem. but what i have learned is the bliss does have a learning curve. for example > I have a V5 and i wanted to find float copper nuggets in the gravel road with it and so i buried some copper nuggets & nails in the gravel road . This gravel hosts a lot of agate and is compared of 1/3 to 1/2 basalt and then granite and is mineralized. gravel . for example my Racer ground balances from 85 to 87 every time and what this means is when you get past 3 " deep your good target sounds like Iron or just blanks out . I was using disc toggle 3 and varying the Disc depth and disc level and gain and threshold and I could get nothing to work the copper sounded worse than the Iron nail so i concluded its hopeless i just have to hunt all metal and may as well use the Racer with its threshold all metal . at least i can size up the target . but this mooring i took the V5 out to the road and started experimenting agin on the 5" nail and 5" peanut size float copper nugget (which because of its irregular shape is prone to sound like junk its not flat like a coin ) so i finally tried a new setting Disc toggle 3 and 0 gain and tone of 8 and threshold of 5 and discriminate level of 0 thats right 0 disc and 6 disc depth I went to find the nail could not find it went to find the copper it came thru all ways really nice I was amazed i found how to get the darn thing to hunt copper in the road i went over the nail and you could just hear it blanking so it was disc toggle 3 that seemed to clinch the deal I had tried this disc toggle before on an in ground dime and for some reason it did not work must have had some other setting but this setting i have now actually works so before you sell the bliss tool bury some targets and keep doing testing of settings this is a weird detector it hides what it can do from you , maybe to se if you are just going to give up just make sure you try every thing before selling it Gunnar

Curantly own a Mirage P.I made by sven , and a silver Umax with ground balance mode, and a Tesoro Tejon
Re: don't sell you blisstool YET"
May 28, 2016 01:56PM
Hi,,,,Thanks for the informative settings post........I'm inclined to ask the $64,000 dollar question.....How many copper nuggets did you find after discovering your secret settings????..........JJ
May 28, 2016 01:59PM
How many nuggets yet ? I have not got out with the settings yet but will be going out to try it should be interesting , the nuggets are not to common but they are in the gravel . I found a nice one with the racer some time back , and several with the Tesoro Vaquero and a few with the outlaw

Curantly own a Mirage P.I made by sven , and a silver Umax with ground balance mode, and a Tesoro Tejon
May 28, 2016 06:44PM
I took it out to the gravel and hunted with the settings, all had changed I could not tell Iron and it was hard to tell how deep things where, i think i dug down a foot and still could not find the target turns out it was big Iron so back to the Racer and its threshold all metal . bliss just can't do well in really mineralized ground at discrimination dang