Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Has the shine gone from the Racer 2

Posted by gman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Has the shine gone from the Racer 2
June 19, 2016 02:13PM
A lot of good things said when it was released .
Now not much being said.
Not much to read.
Re: Has the shine gone from the Racer 2
June 19, 2016 02:38PM
I just don't have the time to swing it. I still think it is a keeper. After all what other detector out there is making headlines right now? Water hunting gets attention this time of year. I see many Deus's for sale right now. I think people are trying to get value for their old coils before the next firmware update. Maybe we are all waiting on the Impulse.
June 19, 2016 03:17PM
I think the first racer got a lot of the attention. I know when I bought mine I took it out with the deus and they hunted side by side target by target with no problems. The racer 2 is just a more refined unit for those that wanted a bit more. I kept the racer 1 and I don't need more adjustments on that machine for my hunting. The deus has some nice features that make a difference so that is why I like it. I can have adjustments on it both racers don't have.

Now the impact is coming at some point. And you have to wonder will it do more than the deus?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
June 19, 2016 04:10PM
Well,,not much discussion really with any models detectors.

South west USA burning up-- scratch detecting there.

Southeast was hotter,,but has cooled a bit,,,still uncomfortable to hunt though.

Sweat pours,,I know-- happened yesterday evening just before dark.

And folks during the off season,,some sell units,,and then in the fall buy back.

Same ole same ole,,year after year.

Used buyers market right now,,anyone looking for decent deals should be paying attention.

Goodmore,,,should,be a Lake Havasu in Az,, temps probably only running around 120F.
Don't worry it's a dry heat.
But will take your breath away.

[weather.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2016 04:17PM by tnsharpshooter.
June 19, 2016 04:10PM
Nope it's just plain out right hot!
June 19, 2016 05:04PM
I think the reason why the R2 didn't get as much attention as the R1 is because it's more of a machine for people that can only afford one machine that is good at all aspects of hunting but not maybe the best. The R1 hit the market and it's performance with the small coil was on par with the Deus but cheaper so a lot jumped onboard. For hunting in iron nails and tin it wouldn't be in the top 3 I would select and for coin hunting in parks etc the minelab and CZS are king.
June 19, 2016 06:24PM
gman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A lot of good things said when it was released .
> Now not much being said.
> Not much to read.

If you want you can read my 5 page Field Test report in the June edition of "Treasure Hunting" magazine from the U.K.
It's Online and by subscription
June 19, 2016 06:44PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
> The racer 2 is just a more refined unit for those that wanted a bit
> more.

just a 'bit more', haha....you must be trying to make yourself feel better....

I'd review those improvements made for the R2 over the R1....

I really like mine and it's an absolute keeper....its getting quite a bit of use lately and my G2+
is gathering dust in the closet....

there won't be much posted until the 'big releases' later this fall (maybe?), ie Impact vs Deus 4.0

now those two will liven things up along with some sort of potential 'wildcard' from First Texas or ???

I'd say 'not much written' about the R2 is because folks are out using it.....no news is good news IMHO
June 19, 2016 07:32PM
Just looking to gather more info. Most likely my next machine. Thanks
June 19, 2016 08:16PM
Too hot for myself. I always hated the heat as warm blooded. I will tell you that when it is in the 20s.
I guess too many Chi town winters. That's one reason I haven't moved South yet anyways. Most people say I'm nuts but my perfect weather is in the 50s and overcast as don't really care for the Sun that much either.I guess that explains a lot. LOL!
June 19, 2016 08:41PM
I'd review those improvements made for the R2 over the R1....

I had the chance to take the racer 2 out for a spin. I don't need any changes the racer 1 is perfect and raw just the way I like my machines....

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
June 19, 2016 09:51PM
goodmore Wrote:
> I just don't have the time to swing it. I still
> think it is a keeper. After all what other
> detector out there is making headlines right now?
> Water hunting gets attention this time of year. I
> see many Deus's for sale right now. I think people
> are trying to get value for their old coils before
> the next firmware update. Maybe we are all waiting
> on the Impulse.

First I've heard of the Impulse. Can you give a little information?

Thanks,

El
June 20, 2016 12:56AM
OP probably meant "Impact".(?)

It was a 122* today in Tempe,AZ when my son and I got out of the movies at 3:00 pm! It was 105* at 9:00 am. No detecting happening here.

Dean
June 20, 2016 02:11AM
Yes I meant Impact.Sorry! Out in the sun too long.
June 21, 2016 04:46AM
No shortage of R2 success stories on Findmall.
June 21, 2016 02:18PM
Mine is a keeper. I am a coin hunter and use the pattern Jack Flynn came up with and in the area I'm hunting right now I use the 5x10 instead of the 4.5x5 Orr coil which I really like in the tot lots next to the swings. Pole bumping gets the 2 tones if you have a target next to it. Mostly garbage at this spot and it picks the coins out easily. 58 coins Sunday with a 43 George and spinner token along with 3 wheats. Then on last Monday I dug 45 coins but no silver. It will keep up with my ET and not nearly as heavy when swinging for hours. I haven't even used the stock coil at all but will be testing it next week in the Myrtle Beach area in the dry and wet sand. It will be used more in the dry sand along the towel line but test in the wet at low tide. The club newsletter says they are really getting the fresh drops now with 5 rings found and given back last Friday in the MB area.
June 21, 2016 02:32PM
IN a sense,,no news is good news-- meaning folks not experiencing problems.

I have a very good site line for up tomorrow for the Racer2.
Was in it last week with Deus.

We'll see what comes to light.

Super iron and some modern trash.

Will also give the Nokta relic a go in this site as well.

I'll have a small audience watching.
June 21, 2016 08:07PM
It's nice to be able to read things good and bad to make a decision to buy or not but it seems like the forums are a bit slow. For me,it's work and I'm out swinging! For other folks there's nothing much new to report as it is apparently very hot in many places. If the Makros and Noktas work for you,that's what we all want....success. There's a lot of it out there with all different kinds of machines that just never gets reported,cuz it's not what a lot of people do. I wouldn't mind taking a Racer for a spin but there's no dealers anywhere near me...and I don't necessarily want to learn a new machine right now. But I'm sure people are having success with it...pretty sure anyhow.
June 23, 2016 04:36AM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> Too hot for myself. I always hated the heat as
> warm blooded. I will tell you that when it is in
> the 20s.
> I guess too many Chi town winters. That's one
> reason I haven't moved South yet anyways. Most
> people say I'm nuts but my perfect weather is in
> the 50s and overcast as don't really care for the
> Sun that much either.I guess that explains a lot.
> LOL!

I knew it,vampires do metal detect! Cold no sun,um huh... Lol

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.
June 23, 2016 10:47AM
I like everthing about the r2 except the lack of depth in my ground, i can get a 8-9' victorian penny but I've a 10' quarter that the large15' coil won't even hit!