Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Straight Rod mod for the Fors Relic+++++++++Some update Optional Info on 6/23/16

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Straight Rod mod for the Fors Relic+++++++++Some update Optional Info on 6/23/16
June 20, 2016 03:47AM
decided to experiment a little with a straight rod setup..

Wasn't to hard to do just used a Mak/Nok center rod for the back pole to mount pistol grip and armrest to..

Really swings well and seems a lot lighter..removed some of that weird angle the drip rod allows for...

Since I'm a Fors Relic Freak now..(((OWN 3 LOL))) thought I would see what I could come up with...

feels very tight !!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2016 05:37AM by Keith Southern.
Re: Straight Rod mod for the Fors Relic
June 20, 2016 04:07AM
Nice Keith!. Need to order them extenders also for the arm cuff. Who does them again?
June 20, 2016 06:00AM
Looks great!
June 20, 2016 06:23AM
Welgund Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice Keith!. Need to order them extenders also
> for the arm cuff. Who does them again?

Dirtdigger has them.
June 20, 2016 02:56PM
Looks good Keith

I'm gonna hafta try it out!!
June 20, 2016 03:33PM
You GPX'ed it smiling smiley
June 20, 2016 10:10PM
Appreciate it fellas..

Yes Daniel is feels like a GPX now without the battery lead LOL..

I'm starting to wonder if the GPX bracket on their arm cuff will work on the FR...seems about the same????If it does it would be a great option....just buy the GPX straight Rod and get the armcuff Too..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
June 21, 2016 02:18AM
looks good
June 22, 2016 12:39AM
Thanks Potomac..

mainly just playing around ..I like to tinker when I get a chance...only about an hour mod late at night LOL..

This is the biggest hunting season right now for me so I'm pretty busy in the woods..NO CRITTER HUNTERS !!!But did eek in a quick Mod.!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
June 22, 2016 03:52PM
Keith is it possible to buy the Mak/Nok center rod for the back pole form Nokta?
June 22, 2016 09:45PM
Potomac run Wrote:
> Keith is it possible to buy the Mak/Nok center rod
> for the back pole form Nokta?

Hi Vincent here (sorry to jump in) - If you don't get one locally -

Send Dilek @ Nokta an email - dilek@noktadetectors.com

She will be more than willing to help Potomac -
June 22, 2016 11:51PM
[www.ebay.com]

Heres one.

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
June 23, 2016 02:58AM
thanks I will check into getting one. I like the straight shaft idea
June 23, 2016 03:13AM
I just got a spare Relic off the guy who makes the Cuff extenders...He added some holes on the Drip shaft..

I might like it better than the straight ???LOL..

Ill post a pic later..

easily done...

Dudes a Genius!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
June 23, 2016 10:02PM
Before you try the straight rod mod try this...

use the 3rd hole from rear..

Place rear bolt of armcuff through that hole and slide the top bracket on the control box forward as far as it will go...

Tighten it down enough to hold and feel the difference..if you like it drill a hole for the front cuff bolt....

I may actually like this feel better than the straight Rod...it has realigned the distribution of pivot point and weight..

I cant take credit for it..the Relic I got of Dirtdigger was already re-holed...and I'm extremely impressed...it's all about ergonomics ...And Digger seems to have a knack for Comfort design...He also makes the extenders...

Give a test it may be the feel your looking for and its free!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
June 24, 2016 03:27AM
Works great!

Converted mine today = swings like a charm now grinning smiley
June 24, 2016 05:05AM
Thanks for the kind words keith. Yeah im really anal about how it feels in the hand. I used the 2 new holes to hold the cuff and slid the box bracket back (which you told me about) Im glad you like the setup. I thought it was leaps and bounds better than the factory setup as far as comfort.
Definately go Digger style Vs Straight
June 27, 2016 04:22AM
Did about 18 hours last few days on the Relic's...Definitely go with the extra hole Vs the Straight rod ..Far superior..Feels natural!

Im telling ya Digger your a Genius winking smiley

True talent you have..I knew when I saw the quality of those extenders...your a perfectionist!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2016 04:24AM by Keith Southern.
Hey digger

you have anymore of those cuff extenders for sale?

I modded my FR drillin the extra hole and sliding the box/bracket forward as Keith shows here but I want a set of those cuff extenders now!

Thanks and lemme know

MRH
I do have more but im out of town on vacation. Ill pm you when im back in town and have access
Dirtdigger Wrote:
> I do have more but im out of town on vacation. Ill
> pm you when im back in town and have access

Thanks thumbs down