Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Deus users,,a test to reflect what running lower disc gets you

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New Deus users,,a test to reflect what running lower disc gets you
June 23, 2016 01:56AM
Notice the pic below,,2 big nails with nickel in between.

Some folks like to run their units more conventional,,meaning using say 2,3 or 4 tones with some disc.

But in an area riddled with iron and nails,,,the lower you can run your disc the better,,,and still be able to discern ferrous from nonferrous objects.

There is a way using Deus to do just that,,,running full tones and low disc,,for example 2.5 disc level.

To better understand how this running full tones and low disc may help you try the following::

Get you some nails of similar size in the pic and a nickel.

First take one of the nails,,and turn and sweep down the barrel,,,use stock Deus fast with iron vol turned off to do this. As you sweep one of the nails longways,,start lowering your disc,,and continue to lower until the nail provides a broken tone.

Now reassemble the nails and the nickel as outlined in pic,,,and sweep the nickel,,left to right and vice versa.
Notice the tone provided on nickel,,especially the tone length.
Try to maintain similar coil height above nickel and nails on all test involving sweeping the test targets and try to maintain coil sweep speed.
Now staying in Deus fast select disc level 2.5 and select full tones.

Now sweep the nickel,,,is the tone longer??? It should be.

Next while sweeping the nickel,,start raising your disc level gradually as you sweep,,,notice what starts happening to the tone provided by the nickel.
It should be getting shorter,,even as you approach disc level 4. Continue to sweep and continue to raise disc,,,notice what happens as you approach level 6-6.5 settings.
Is the nickel's tone harder to hear,,,how short is it?

Next return to disc level 2.5 and take each one of your nails,,rotate and sweep down the barrels,,,notice the tone provided,,the grunting--- denotes ferrous target.
Now this is actually a same plane test,,,if the coin was actually slightly more below the big nails,, these test might even shed more light as to how being able to run lower disc yet discern ferrous targets is so important.

Also when you are sweeping the nickel between the nails-- look at your meter,,and notice how low sounding the nickel tone is. You will in the field while detecting even hear lower sounding tone on nonferrous targets. Granted you are likely not to know what you have detected,,but nonferrous nevertheless.

This is the why behind the fulltones addition by Xp with version update,,,,to be able to use even lower disc,,to increase separation and unmasking while still being able to tell nonferrous for ferrous.

Now,,not to steer anyone wrong here,,,in sites loaded with nails and iron,,,using this lower disc and full tones,,,a person will still dig some iron occassionally.
New Deus users give this little experiment a try.
And any old sites loaded up with iron and nails,,try it there too..
Remember as nonferrous targets are being crowded by ferrous material,, detecting tone length provided on nonferrous targets is very important,,the longer the better,,blips and shorter tones much easier to miss.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2016 02:04AM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: New Deus users,,a test to reflect what running lower disc gets you
June 23, 2016 04:50PM
In my limited experience with the Deus (sold it after less than a month), lowering the discrimination led to crown style bottle caps giving good signals.
June 23, 2016 05:19PM
Bayard Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In my limited experience with the Deus (sold it
> after less than a month), lowering the
> discrimination led to crown style bottle caps
> giving good signals.

Crown style caps,,sound good on Deus,, 4kh not so good,,,and overall the caps . sounding good has little to do with disc level setup.

The caps can be broken tone wise with a 4 setting on silencer,,but will come with a depth loss,,,but when looking for clad or recent dropped jewley would work.

A person can use the xy screen on Deus and recognize them as well.

Probably the best way to identify them,,is when detected at higher freqs on Deus like 8,12, and 18 kHz,,,is to after locating switch over and have a look see using 4khz.
If when switching to 4khz,,if one's meter meter remains as high Vdi wise or higher vs what it looks like at lowers freqs,, more likely a junk target.
Broken tone in 4khz can be another indicator too with same similar Vdi reading as witnessed using lower freqs.
One other way to sniff the caps out,,,coil position,,,as the cap approaches the edges of the coil it will drop out faster tone wise generally vs a coin.

But if the caps are deeper,,this tactic not so worthy.

I hear some of the caps found on some of the imported beers like corona,,may be even a higher quality "metal wise",,, and just maybe some of what I've said here,,might not work.

I don't think I have ever had my coil over any of those.

Cheers

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2016 05:23PM by tnsharpshooter.
June 24, 2016 01:52AM
In england some hunt with a disc on the deus of 50 or less in heavy iron they are not interested in depth.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
June 27, 2016 04:30AM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In england some hunt with a disc on the deus of 50
> or less in heavy iron they are not interested in
> depth.

Lower disc not only can help depth,,,but increase separtion and or unmasking as well.