Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Found an Injun Cannonball Today grinning smiley

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Found an Injun Cannonball Today grinning smiley
June 23, 2016 05:16PM
Re: Found an Injun Cannonball Today grinning smiley
June 23, 2016 06:54PM
That hurt pale face !!

COOL!!!!!!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
June 23, 2016 09:50PM
Wow. Nice find!

Rick
June 23, 2016 09:54PM
Never heard of that,,cannon but made rock cannon balls?

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.
June 23, 2016 10:28PM
Is it a game ball or a mill grindstone?
June 24, 2016 02:40AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is it a game ball or a mill grindstone?

We're thinking either mid 1800s to around 1900 garden ornamental ball/stone or one of those balls that sat on top of a brick/stone piller type thing sitting at the entrance to a driveway with the wrought iron fencing.
June 24, 2016 02:46AM
Nice find.

I know very little about Indian artifacts,,I can recognize an arrow head though.
June 24, 2016 03:00AM
Ahh yes the gate toppers. People around here find the iron ones and swear they are cannonballs. They can't figure out why they are the size of a 12 pounder but only weigh 5-8....but you can't make them accept that it aint a cannonball.
June 24, 2016 09:34PM
Some kid probably stole it from a cemetery.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
June 24, 2016 09:57PM
Stones similar to those are actually pretty common out here in the West although that one appears to be granite and these are sandstone. The westerly wind creates them when it starts blowing a pedestal top or chunk of harder sandstone around in a slight depression. A couple of eons later there's a perfect sauce sized dent in the bedrock with a softball sitting the middle of it. Mother Nature has great patience!!
June 26, 2016 04:06PM
Seen a lot of arrow and spear heads gotten from susqehanna river area but never one like you found....
June 26, 2016 09:25PM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Seen a lot of arrow and spear heads gotten from
> susqehanna river area but never one like you
> found....

Dan, funny you should mention the Susquehanna River. I know a fellow who recently has been finding some really nice Indian artifacts on the stone beaches. He has invited me up to share his spot......gonna be neat.