Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Brexit, gold price, Pound etc

Posted by Pimento 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Brexit, gold price, Pound etc
June 24, 2016 08:48AM
I'm not a big politics fan. But the consequences of our big vote have had some serious effects on the value of the Pound Sterling, apparently the biggest one-day fall vs. the US Dollar since the Dollar came into existence. [ the Pound has been around since about 850 AD, in case you were wondering]. And the gold price shows it clearly. Up from 850 Pounds to 1000 Pounds (per Troy Oz) in just a few hours.
[www.bullionvault.com]

I would say that Prime Minister David Cameron is going to be seriously busy, except he's just quit....worrying times, I think.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2016 08:54AM by Pimento.
Re: Brexit, gold price, Pound etc
June 24, 2016 11:32AM
Pimento,

What are the facts of the goings on in UK and to stay or not in the EU? I'm not getting any good solid information. If you would take a couple minutes to explain it, I'd be very interested. Or point me to a link that you feel is worthy.
June 24, 2016 11:59AM
I think the BBC explain it well:
[www.bbc.co.uk]

As for real facts, they are hard to come by. Both the 'Leave' and the 'Remain In' campaigners have publicity with figures about how much it will cost us / save us, generally misleading, full of estimates/predictions, so how anyone (ie. voters) could make up their mind is beyond me.
Major issues seem to be related to political control. The EU has so many rules, that the UK Government aren't able manage their own nation. Border controls have been a hot topic. We have virtually no control, and economic migrants have been flooding into the UK for 15 years, at increasing pace, especially from poor eastern European countries like Romania, Poland. This puts pressure on housing, the Health Service, schools.
June 24, 2016 01:29PM
Let the games begin. Italy is next.
June 24, 2016 03:16PM
That was perfect, thanks Pimento!
June 24, 2016 03:16PM
I've also heard on the news that England has left the European union but Scotland didn't. I wonder what the effects of that will be in Europe.

Rici
June 24, 2016 03:34PM
OBOLA helped Brexit--he told the Brits that they would have to sit in the back of the bus--and the Brits told him to Stuff it.
June 24, 2016 06:08PM
The Brexit carries with it an entire host of interesting facets. As far as the price of gold is concerned , I believe the Global Central Banks(the fed) have such firm control through Wall Street on that commodity that , even if the Annunaki returned to Earth and seized all the gold , the price would only rise slightly. A rebellion against globalism and immigration fueled this decision as much as economic factors. We will see some gradual movement upwards as the fear buying continues but long term the price of gold is set in dollars and as the remainder of the European currencies flounder , the resulting strength of the dollar will keep any outlandish moves in gold under wraps.
The XP's , Detech's ,Makro's and Nokta's people have to be sweating bullets , especially the latter two , as they have used pricing to carve a niche in the market that will give them little wiggle room as European products lose value against the dollar. If gold and the dollar hold their ground or gain a little it will be a real bonus for detectorists who use those European products
June 24, 2016 06:58PM
Shoveler.....lets hope the Shanghai exchange (where that entity supposedly only deals in the physical metal and delivery) blows up the fake paper exchange market that the West uses to make the 'price' of gold.

When there are 100+ paper futures contract for each physical ounce of gold on the market, it only stands to reason they can manipulate the price.

When the arbitragers start to figure out they can get physical delivery of gold at the West paper price and sell it back at a profit on the Shanghai exchange, that will be the first step. When they then cannot get physical delivery and will be told they will have to settle in cash, that is when things will blow up.

My 2 cents.
June 24, 2016 10:28PM
Well, we're 1 day in and the markets are (shudder) 3-5% down. Oh the Humanity! drinking smiley
June 24, 2016 10:52PM
Champ Ferguson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, we're 1 day in and the markets are (shudder)
> 3-5% down. Oh the Humanity! drinking smiley

Yup...that fake pumped up market is only down 3-5%....should be down 50%. Only a matter of time.
June 25, 2016 06:50AM
doc holiday Wrote:
> OBOLA helped Brexit--he told the Brits that they
> would have to sit in the back of the bus--and the
> Brits told him to Stuff it.

right! tough people! ww2 "battle of britain" comes to mind!
up against it! all alone! .lot of character!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
June 25, 2016 10:31AM
doc holiday Wrote:
> OBOLA helped Brexit--he told the Brits that they
> would have to sit in the back of the bus--and the
> Brits told him to Stuff it.

When it comes to the future of their country I'm sure the opinion of the President had very little to do with the vote. Your hatred for the man is well known and you continue to blame him for everything under the sun. While your ignorance is laughable your hatred and divisiveness clearly show you are one troubled person. I'm sure the citizens of the UK voted with their hearts on what they thought was best for the UK. President Obama may have voiced his opinion, but at the end of the day that's all it was. Either way the vote turned out there are major decisions to be made. As stated already maybe Scotland will decide to leave. Trade deals with China and the rest of the world. Not to mention this may be the beginning of the end for the EU. It will be a mixture of countries that have like GB and Germany and those that do not. Instability and political fallout lead to massive wars in the past. After all isn't that why the EU was created? But I'm sure the next World War will be Obama's fault. Maybe Trump will hire a bunch of very smart people and make everything better. drinking smiley
June 25, 2016 02:08PM
I wonder if the EU was in place in the 1930's on, if Hitler would have risen to power.....any thoughts?
Or, would it not have made a difference?
June 25, 2016 02:13PM
Goodmore...you are correct. Obama had little if anything to do with the exit. Nigel Farage and company were on board with an exit long before the President ever said a word. They wanted out and the people spoke. Only reason why some of the elitists wanted Britain to stay was obvious...it would be a blow to their perceived wealth. Case in point...the market downturn wiped out 127 billion on the books for the 400 richest people in the world. But when one has 10 billion, a billion here or there isn't much...at least not in our eyes. But we think differently then them. Most of them are sociopaths where even a dollar loss would have them go crazy.

All in all I think there is more to come. Scotland, France maybe. That would leave Germany in a bind. All of the Northern countries are supporting the Southern ones. No wonder the people of the Northern countries are tired of the garbage.

Only one question....is this a planned event where once the EU is dismantled, the globalists will then plan on a world currency ?Some people think so, and they think gold will be part of that basket of currencies that determine a 'world currency'. That is why people buy physical gold...to help balance things out.

Gold is not an investment or there to make money...it is there to PRESERVE wealth. Generational wealth too, as it can and should be passed down.
June 25, 2016 02:40PM
"I wonder if the EU was in place in the 1930's on, if Hitler would have risen to power.....any thoughts?
Or, would it not have made a difference? "

Great question. There are several factors to consider:
Did world war one happen?
Who would be in the EU?
Was Germany in it at the time or were they an outcast?
lots more...

If world war one happened, I feel, it wouldn't have made a difference. The only reason Hitler came into power in the first place was that the German people were vulnerable. WW1 made them bitter because the allied forces tried to put things in place to keep Germany weak. By the time Hitler came around, the power was "laying in the street". He used tools like hatred and fear to control the masses and rally them into false causes. With the greatest minds at the time, futuristic tactics, and industrial muscle, they were nearly unstoppable. When they began their Blitzkrieg with tanks and airplanes, America basically was still using horses.
June 25, 2016 03:35PM
The EU will become the new Roman Empire. The 10 crowns are 10 nations and the beast is the antichrist.

Revelation 13 kjv

13 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Rick
June 25, 2016 03:57PM
I disagree with some here.

Obama actually made public statements concerning UK staying in the EU.

Big mistake,,,just like some of the Euro leaders making statements about Trump.

Now if a person goes and visits a foreign leader,,and a conservation takes place,,and a foreign leader wants to talk about that-- ok by me,,,,but this talking politics about other countries candidates is dead wrong.

And really when you think of it,,not the smartest thing to do.

Who knows what if say Trump is elected,,,and some of this folks have run their mouths with comments.

And really,,,right now, the USA leadership needs to be worried about guess who???
The USA

This world policing is getting old and expensive,,,and from the looks of things,,,hasn't gotten us anywhere.
There are however several maimed and wounded troopers,,and some buried at Arlington and other places.
Why???
For what reason??
Cost a ton of loot to manage a disabled vet say 20 years old until their death.
June 25, 2016 04:14PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> I disagree with some here.
>
> Obama actually made public statements concerning
> UK staying in the EU.
>

True...but it had no bearing on the outcome. The outcome was worked on and planned for a long time prior to that.

Trump mouthing off about Israel will no longer be treated as a second class nation is the same as Obama mouthing off about Britain. They all talk about making our country better yet continue to cow tow to others.

I agree 1 million percent with you....policing the world is not working, costs a fortune and is not benefiting the US citizens....just the pockets of the globalists.
June 25, 2016 06:21PM
therover61 Wrote:

> Yup...that fake pumped up market is only down
> 3-5%....should be down 50%. Only a matter of time.

You seem to be an astute observer of the market...and since I own quite a few stocks myself..could you elaborate on which stocks are ready to fall 50%. It would really help me out!

Thanks in advance for your advice (and H.H.) Joe
June 25, 2016 07:22PM
DrJoeprime Wrote:
> therover61 Wrote:
>
> > Yup...that fake pumped up market is only down
> > 3-5%....should be down 50%. Only a matter of
> time.
>
> You seem to be an astute observer of the
> market...and since I own quite a few stocks
> myself..could you elaborate on which stocks are
> ready to fall 50%. It would really help me out!
>
> Thanks in advance for your advice (and H.H.) Joe

I said the market...don't know which stocks. Heck, my gold mutual fund is up 68% YTD so it all depends. SP 500 and Dow may be off 40-50% by year end...but some stocks may be up over 100% for the year.

All I know is any stock I own at this point in my life needs to have a steady increase in dividends over the last 5-10 years. I have Altria, Duke Energy and a few others in my portfolio. I switched a 1/4 of my portfolio into physical gold, gold mutual funds and some high end gold miners to protect my other end of the portfolio.

Have no clue if I want to cash out of the rest of my stocks and mutual funds yet but if that asset class of mid cap, small cap and high end stocks start to go belly up, I am out and that part goes into cash. Last 5-10 years have been good. But one bad year can wipe out those gains in an instant if you aren't on top of things.

Was in a diner yesterday and overheard a guy saying he had no clue about Britain leaving the eurozone until he heard it on the news. I have been reading about this for weeks......obviously the main stream media ( which I never pay attention to), hasn't covered this. Took a shot and put more money into my gold mutual funds last week thinking Britain was going to give a big FU to the euro zone and if so I thought gold would go up. It did.

Good luck out there...I am no expert of astute observer. I just think the entire market is rigged and the zero interest rate policy of this country along with others is screwing the retirees and middle class out the butt.
June 25, 2016 11:04PM
I disagree with some here. Obama actually made public statements concerning UK staying in the EU.

Let me ask you something. Say you lived in Texas and they were voting on succeeding from the Union. The Prime Minister of England states his opinion that Texas would be making a mistake by leaving. Now you as voter in Texas do you even give a crap what The Prime Minister of England said? Your concerned about many things from losing Federal funding to not being allowed in the rest of America without documentation to losing your Social Security and Medicare. Buying booze and cigarettes just went up. Groceries from California doubled. And all major corporations headquartered in Texas are now leaving including the US military at Ft Bliss and Ft Hood. The Air force is leaving also. Texas will have to defend itself. Do you still care what the Prime Minister said, or do you think you have other problems more important?
June 25, 2016 11:31PM
Though Obama's statement obviously made news headlines here, I don't think many Brits took much notice. To be honest, I'm not sure they take much notice of politicians in general, there's a definite sense of mistrust. And as this referendum on In/Out was not just about politics, but economic factors too, people weren't specifically swayed by politicians, but also by independant campaigners, economics commentators, business experts etc, as well as their own local experiences.
June 26, 2016 01:30AM
Dr Joe Prime, the big boys have been dumping stocks over the last year, and are taking positions in the precious metals sector. The metals will have a great run these next few years.
Most of the gold silver miner stocks I bought a few months ago, are up over 100%, with much more to come.
www.kingworldnews.com
www. silverdoctors.com
2 of the many web sites I follow.
Don't believe everything you read, but get a feel for where its headed.
June 26, 2016 02:02AM
goodmore Wrote:
> >
>
>
> Let me ask you something. Say you lived in Texas
> and they were voting on succeeding from the Union.
> The Prime Minister of England states his opinion
> that Texas would be making a mistake by leaving.
> Now you as voter in Texas do you even give a crap
> what The Prime Minister of England said? Your
> concerned about many things from losing Federal
> funding to not being allowed in the rest of
> America without documentation to losing your
> Social Security and Medicare. Buying booze and
> cigarettes just went up. Groceries from California
> doubled. And all major corporations headquartered
> in Texas are now leaving including the US military
> at Ft Bliss and Ft Hood. The Air force is leaving
> also. Texas will have to defend itself. Do you
> still care what the Prime Minister said, or do you
> think you have other problems more important?

I personally don't give a rat's ass what some foreign countries leader thinks,,,just like Tony Blair with his BS a few years ago.

But politics is nothing more than brainwashing,,,and some folks get sucked in-- not me.

Just like your girl,,,she can't tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
She has gotten rich off of who???

I served my country,,for 22 years,,,I didn't get as rich as your girl.

Service to one's country ain't about wealth,,it is about caring, going the extra mile,,tell the truth,,snuff out the BS.

Don't worry there are more besides your girl that have done it.

Internet , cable news, you tube,,the digital age has caught up to these so called " brainwashers".,, and folks are becoming smarter with each passing minute.

We put the first person on the moon,,,you wouldn't know it now from a technological standpoint.

The way the west has responded,,,they fell right into these radical sobs trap.

Just imagine,,think about this,,,look at the border between Afganistan and Pakistan,,, rough as a cob,,not many places actually to cross the border,, did we seal Afganistan's border when ole Laden was on the loose??? Nope
Why not??

Pure azz BS,,,we could sealed up that border in a flash with our manpower and firepower....but doing so would have caught the goose who was at the time laying the golden egg-- fear in the USA,,and our government went stupidly into Iraq,,,and we killed probably the best defender against terrorism--Saddam

Say what you want,,about him,,but no car bombs were going off inside Iraq with him in charge.

How come,,we have 535 people who are supposed to be on top of things,, only a few of them can wipe their own azzs.

And this it seems Harvard degree that the one' s have and they somehow get on the highest court--- isn't there any other good learning institutions where one can get a worthy degree in law???

All this shyster shxt has got to stop,,,with the buffoons in DC.

Wall Street and it seems foreign governments in the Middle East have WAY to much influence.
And it is all because of their loot--- what a shame.

My momma didn't raise a dummy,,,what I said here,,,is the truth.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2016 02:08AM by tnsharpshooter.
June 26, 2016 02:37AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:

> Just imagine,,think about this,,,look at the
> border between Afganistan and Pakistan,,, rough
> as a cob,,not many places actually to cross the
> border,, did we seal Afganistan's border when ole
> Laden was on the loose??? Nope
> Why not??
>

Because we never went into Afganistan for Bin Laden...we went in to secure the poppy trade. We now have a heroin and heroin derivative epidemic in this country. Hmmmmm.....wonder why ? Big Pharma making BILLIONS off of that poppy.

I hear ya about CONgress...ALL of them must go.