Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher 1266x vs Tesoro Tejon?

Posted by Harold,ILL. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher 1266x vs Tesoro Tejon?
June 24, 2016 07:44PM
I was wondering you guys who have used both which has more pure raw depth on coins and relics ? Have heard many deep tales of these depth demons so which is best in your ground? Thanks.
Re: Fisher 1266x vs Tesoro Tejon?
June 24, 2016 10:24PM
Had both and neither were my kinda machine.. Both beep and dig

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.
June 24, 2016 11:32PM
I know Ole' Daniel didn't care much for the Tejon! As guess it couldn't bust through that hot ground He has.
June 24, 2016 11:37PM
Yea I liked the 1266x much better and it didn't even have a manual g.b
I guess a 1266 can be modded with g.b pot?

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.
June 24, 2016 11:52PM
I Don't know? I Have never owned a 1200 Fisher detector, But had every model CZ ? I gotta' try at least one before I leave this earth! They are such a legendary detector made by the Great Dave Johnson.
June 25, 2016 12:17AM
The 1266x was a whole lot better machine than the Tejon in my book. The Tejon was a pain in the arse to ground balance and didn't find any targets with it that the 1266x wouldn't have hit on. In my book the Vaquero is the deepest Tesoro on the market.
June 25, 2016 06:34AM
The thing I remember most about the 1266x was sweep speed was/is very critical = likes a medium speed not too fast and not too slow and being a mono/concentric coil = you had to overlap your sweeps

the dual disc was kinda cool cuz you set disc1 at 0 - 1 and disc 2 at like 6 and then pushed the trigger forward to check iffy targets (just like the Tejon has with the 2 disc setting knobs and trigger).

They're both great machines in their own rights but the 1266x is/was a deeper machine especially on high/er conductors like copper/silver by far due to the low freq. it runs on

and the Tejon much better at iron sifting and low/er conductors like nickel/brass/gold being a high freq. unit

I have mild ground here in lower Michigan so I can't really elaborate on how either machine did/does in hot ground as to if either of them ran/run noisy in that type of ground

the Tejon has a Ground Bal knob but the 1266x doesn't so that's a big difference too
June 25, 2016 03:42PM
In a nutshell 1266 was deeper on silver coins while Tejon was deeper in the lower range such as nickles an gold rings...Owned and used both...
June 26, 2016 06:52PM
I think Keith Southern like both machines even in His hot ground.
June 26, 2016 07:00PM
Both excellent relic units..

the Tejon is better in sorting through iron..

the Tejon has a better disc circuit at depth but like any HOT unit the disc will fail at maximum depth..

the 66 was a BUllet killer and in that also a Deep silver hitter ..Freq was right for that..

The Tejon was also deep on bullets and silver but was really HOt on the low brass at depth..

They both have reached Cult Status!

The Tejon is a more modern way of doing relics...since we've came out of the fields and into the denser targets sites..the Tejon is Better at that scenario for sure..

Open fields old school relic hunting...the 66 is a hard unit to beat for depth..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla