Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

No water finds ???

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
No water finds ???
July 01, 2016 02:17AM
Sorta a surprising, none have been posted here.
Re: No water finds ???
July 01, 2016 11:58AM
Most of us this time of the year dont post a lot of our beach finds...... it tends to bring more company than we want lol. For most its recent drop hunting right now. The site also seems to be more dirt hunters with us water hunting keeping up with the new trends/equipment.

Dew
MAM
July 01, 2016 12:42PM
My water (surf) hunting is limited to once or twice a year, usually in the fall, when we go to the outer banks of N.C. Wish we lived closer. Never tried fresh water hunting, although I did buy Tom's "Beach & Swimming Hole Hunting" DVD several years ago. A very informative, and well done video, BTW. Well worth the money!
July 01, 2016 12:59PM
Tom's beach hunting video is probably the most educational video I have ever watched about this hobby. I have had some successful hunts that I never would have had without watching it. There is a definite science to hunting a beach.
July 01, 2016 02:46PM
Simply put especially in fresh water years ago...gold jewelry was for the taking...unfortunately now many are water hunting and finds are tough could be the reason...
Might try a surf and sand forum for more postings....
July 01, 2016 09:38PM
I just dug a high school ring, silver, last nite, don't know how to post pics here, got a nice rock on the top, probably crystal or glass, and 3 bucks in quarters
July 01, 2016 10:17PM
I wonder if price of Gold nowaday's makes people put it away before taking a dip or just leaving it at home to begin with?
July 01, 2016 10:34PM
Algae bloom and hunted out lakes drove me to sell my Tiger Shark, the diminishing returns from hunting pressure forced my hand.........such as it is in land locked Kansas.
July 01, 2016 10:51PM
There is still a lot of gold to be found, just more competition from other hunters today. There are, of course, stainless steel, tungsten carbide, and Titainium rings to deal with now a days that the hunters of older days did not have to deal with. I love water hunting, just do not have a photobucket account set up to put my pictures on this forum. I know two waterhunters who each found well over 100 gold rings apiece last year. Of course they live at a beach, are retired, and hunted practically every low tide of the year. Now that is what I call dedication to your hobby. I hope my health holds up and I get to try doing just that after I retire in a few years.
July 02, 2016 11:07AM
Considering its free........or almost free money i highly doubt from the amount of hunters i see in the water gold prices are stopping the hobby growth of water hunters. Gold prices for the most part have us putting the finds back for a rainy day. Old fresh water sites could definitely be feeling the pressure of over hunting compared to salt water hunting with new contributors.

Dew
July 02, 2016 11:21AM
Caretaker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just dug a high school ring, silver, last nite,
> don't know how to post pics here, got a nice rock
> on the top, probably crystal or glass, and 3 bucks
> in quarters

Caretaker,
To post pics,,,open a photobucket account.

Download your pics to it.

Then open your pic,,,look over to the right of the pic,,you will see some link options,,,the IMG file is the one to use,,,so with pic opened,,click on the IMG box,,it will turn color and say copied,,,,then paste here in your post... After you do this,,you can do a post preview for posting to verify everything went as planned.

Now,,if you use an IPad like I do,,,same process as above,,except you'll have to keep tapping the IMG box,,,until your options come up,,,when your options do finally come up with multiple tappings,,select--- select all,,then copy,,,,and when you finally have your post to post here opened click on your post's screen somewhere,,and options will pop up,,select paste.

With a desk top or notebook computer,,process is a bit simpler,,iPad a little trickier.

Hope this helps,,any other questions or you still have difficulties posting pics,,,let us know here in the forum--- love to look at folks' finds.

Cheers.