Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

NASA Tom - We need a new forum

Posted by Kemper94 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
NASA Tom - We need a new forum
July 10, 2016 02:50PM
The hobby needs a new forum and you are the go-to guy. These machine-head followers of yours can get their head out of their ass and join if they can learn how to think past their detector. The freakin newbies are coming in the front door and walking out the back door over at Friendly and nobody gives a @#$%&. There can be a sub-forum for technical stuff as it is important. The hobby is going to hell and everybody is leaving the internet where something positive can be done.

Most true hobbyists want a forum that is geared toward having fun and being able to be productive. The camoflauge puzzies are asking the secretary down at the park " can I " so they can detect the park loaded for bear trying to be the next aquachigger. Not many people give a @#$%& about a faint whisper tone on a 2000 dollar machine but they do want to see a picture of someone's attractive wife. Just the way it is. And don't forget about puppy dogs. We like dogs. 20 billion dollar a year industry and the Gov kicks mine off Findmall. I know this stuff.
Re: NASA Tom - We need a new forum
July 10, 2016 03:06PM
Whew!
July 10, 2016 03:13PM
If you do not think this metal detecting forum or any others for that matter is good enough why not create your own. I am sure you would get many members, probably not me but everyone else.
July 10, 2016 03:35PM
Wow everyone has something to say at times we are not all perfect

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 10, 2016 03:43PM
This is the best detecting forum. Every now and then the group plays gang up on the Liberal(me), but those posts are few and far between. In fact I'm done being political here. I vent enough where political posts are. There is enough info about this hobby between all the forums that I wouldn't know what else to talk about.
July 10, 2016 04:04PM
The only thing wrong with this forum is that Kemper keeps getting back on.
July 10, 2016 04:28PM
I find (no pun intended) this forum to be more informative and technical in nature compared to others.
July 10, 2016 04:32PM
EPL II Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I find (no pun intended) this forum to be more
> informative and technical in nature compared to
> others.

I second that!

tabman
July 10, 2016 05:18PM
It's a hobby to myself, not a sport, but im 45, have a big beer belly and still represent my country in an 'olympic' type sport, so who im i to judge lol call it what you want!
July 10, 2016 05:48PM
Unfortunately no way to keep the odd balls out and that's the problem....
July 10, 2016 06:56PM
SkiWhiz Wrote:
> If you do not think this metal detecting forum or
> any others for that matter is good enough why not
> create your own. I am sure you would get many
> members, probably not me but everyone else.

ditto - I love this site

this grasshopper has so much to learn from the masters here winking smiley

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
July 10, 2016 07:44PM
Title says- Thomas Dankowski Metal Detecting Open Forum It's up to you guys to make it fit the title. You don't have to do that by doing anything you don't want to. Some of you try to shut down and eliminate discussion about other issues rather than technical ones and that is your right. While you are allowed to do so it is disrespectful to Tom.

If I don't go on a technical thread and disrupt it I would hope that would set an example. If any of you go on thread and disrupt it you set an example of what this forum is about. Your call. While not everyone that is a member here is against an open forum a lot of you are.

I realize that I am an " odd ball " here to those of you that don't respect the forum or try to keep it an open forum. No one is going to start a new forum and be successful as people will come to the forums that have traffic. It is up to the members to make one a place where people will want to come and it is up to authority to allow members to do that. I have no intentions of trying to keep this a closed forums as some of you do.
July 10, 2016 08:32PM
These are the first two sentences when you go to the Dankowski's forum home page, "This is an Open Forum to discuss any metal detecting questions or subjects. Please feel free to discuss any metal detecting subject, in good taste and with due respect to all users."

The part that says " in good taste and with due respect to all users" seems to get overlooked by some.

Tom's site has always been known on the internet for the more scientific/in-depth evaluations of detectors. I think that is why it is one forum, not like others that have multiple sub forums. There are plenty of other forums out there that may be more to your liking, rather than trying to change this one.
July 10, 2016 08:44PM
You are one of the worst, most ridiculous attention grabbing trolls I have ever seen and that is on every forum I have seen you on.
There is a reason you have been kicked off of so many of them, not that you care, and every forum that allows you to make your most ridiculous posts is less because of you.
In this one you pretend to be putting down ideas to improve a forum that nobody but you seems to think has a problem, in reality this is just all about the thing you crave the most...attention.
You have ideas to improve all sorts of different websites you say, if so start your own, set the rules, run it any way you want and then it will be a perfect place for you to hang out.
Anything that shuts you up and gets you and your stupid ideas away from here and all other forums you find so much fault with, curiously mostly sites that have banned you, would be a blessing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2016 09:35PM by diggwr27.
July 10, 2016 09:05PM
diggwr27 Wrote:
> You are one the worst, most ridiculous attention
> grabbing trolls I have ever seen and that is on
> every forum I have seen you on.
> There is a reason you have been kicked off of so
> many of them, not that you care, and every forum
> that allows you to make your most ridiculous posts
> is less because of you.
> In this one you pretend to be putting down ideas
> to improve a forum that nobody but you seems to
> think has a problem, in reality this is just all
> about the thing you crave the most...attention.
> You have ideas to improve all sorts of different
> websites you say, if so start your own, set the
> rules, run it any way you want and then it will be
> a perfect place for you to hang out.
> Anything that shuts you up and gets you and your
> stupid ideas away from here and all other forums
> you find so much fault with, curiously mostly
> sites that have banned you, would be a blessing.

That's the whole problem with Internet anonymity. I'm willing to back up any claims and statements in person,face to face. Since that'll never happen with this fellow,he will keep on going. Some people have a perverse infatuation with drama....it comes from either being dissatisfied with ones own situation or just having not gotten the attention they needed in the past. It's the whole "look at me" thing,the class clown. Kemper,whoever he or she is,speaks intelligently,seems to have his or her mind on track and brings across what he or she is saying fluently but it's the CONTENT of the posts that are sometimes simply meaningless. Nobody needs to get upset about it, but some do because he or she is simply taking AWAY from the forums by doing what they do,and it's annoying. Kinda like the protester standing up in the middle of a rally and shouting and being a huge nuisance. Most times they get carted away. This should maybe happen here,and chalk it up to a "special exception" when considering the first amendment....if it deserves considering on a forum such as this.
July 10, 2016 09:51PM
cadman Wrote:
> These are the first two sentences when you go to
> the Dankowski's forum home page, "This is an Open
> Forum to discuss any metal detecting questions or
> subjects.
Please feel free to discuss any metal
> detecting subject, in good taste and with due
> respect to all users."
>
> The part that says " in good taste and with due
> respect to all users"
seems to get overlooked by
> some.
>
> Tom's site has always been known on the internet
> for the more scientific/in-depth evaluations of
> detectors. I think that is why it is one forum,
> not like others that have multiple sub forums.
> There are plenty of other forums out there that
> may be more to your liking, rather than trying to
> change this one.

In response to what I highlighted--Most everything I bring here is metal detecting related. It may not be what you want to talk about and you can stay off the threads.

If you are worried about good taste and respect to others you ,wouldn't be saying that to me unless you are targeting me. Just because I respond to those that that phrase fits doesn't mean it is something I would start.

I'm only using this forum for what it is stated to be.

Talking about the issues that negatively effect the hobby and trying to keep discussion open is not easy on any forum. Notice that when people try to feed you BS about why I was banned somewhere they rarely show any reference as to why. In the rare case they do the thread gets deleted not because it shows any wrongdoing by me.

Keep eating BS sandwiches with your pals if you want. I'll keep at getting staged hunts in public parks stopped and youtube videos pulled that make us look bad. I'll tell you about some of these things too on the open forum here as long as I can.
July 10, 2016 10:27PM
mascard1 Wrote:
> Whew!

+1.
eye rolling smiley
July 10, 2016 10:30PM
IDXMonster Wrote:

> That's the whole problem with Internet anonymity.
> I'm willing to back up any claims and statements
> in person,face to face.[/b] Since that'll never happen
> with this fellow,he will keep on going
. Some
> people have a perverse infatuation with
> drama....it comes from either being dissatisfied
> with ones own situation or just having not gotten
> the attention they needed in the past. It's the
> whole "look at me" thing,the class clown.
> Kemper,whoever he or she is,speaks
> intelligently,seems to have his or her mind on
> track and brings across what he or she is saying
> fluently but it's the CONTENT of the posts that
> are sometimes simply meaningless. Nobody needs to
> get upset about it, but some do because he or she
> is simply taking AWAY from the forums by doing
> what they do,and it's annoying. Kinda like the
> protester standing up in the middle of a rally and
> shouting and being a huge nuisance. Most times
> they get carted away. This should maybe happen
> here,and chalk it up to a "special exception" when
> considering the first amendment....if it deserves
> considering on a forum such as this.

I use my real name and have shared my location and address several times including google images of my property. Are you hoping that people will believe BS just cause you post it ? Maybe so.

If you think the content of my posts are meaningless and take away from the forum,don't read them. My last thread about " Code of Ethics" was based on fact. You may not care that there is no " The Code of Ethics" and numerous people make one up and use it to fit their agenda. I've even seen one pulled down and used against me by authority to paint me as being unethical cause the issue we were talking about didn't coincide with the code they chose that day. Might seem meaningless to you and really no big deal to me if it were an isolated incident but something to look out for.

I do think we should be good ambassadors for the hobby and your BS post may show you are not. I don't know which one of the countless versions you use so you may be good.

Don't know why my post is all in bold, just noticed it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2016 10:33PM by Kemper94.
July 10, 2016 11:16PM
Back on topic---

July 11, 2016 06:23AM
Kemper94 Wrote:
> The hobby needs a new forum and you are the go-to
> guy. These machine-head followers of yours can get
> their head out of their ass and join if they can
> learn how to think past their detector. The
> freakin newbies are coming in the front door and
> walking out the back door over at Friendly and
> nobody gives a @#$%&. There can be a sub-forum for
> technical stuff as it is important. The hobby is
> going to hell and everybody is leaving the
> internet where something positive can be done.
>
> Most true hobbyists want a forum that is geared
> toward having fun and being able to be productive.
> The camoflauge puzzies are asking the secretary
> down at the park " can I " so they can detect the
> park loaded for bear trying to be the next
> aquachigger. Not many people give a @#$%& about a
> faint whisper tone on a 2000 dollar machine but
> they do want to see a picture of someone's
> attractive wife. Just the way it is. And don't
> forget about puppy dogs. We like dogs. 20 billion
> dollar a year industry and the Gov kicks mine off
> Findmall. I know this stuff.

hi kemp! ole sock! ole kid! still tearin' it up,i see!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
July 11, 2016 10:16AM
This is the best forum for finding information on any detector you might find, with a lot of knowledgeable people to help you.
If this forum does not do how you think it should, start your own forum.
July 11, 2016 11:09AM
jmaryt Wrote:
> Kemper94 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The hobby needs a new forum and you are the
> go-to
> > guy. These machine-head followers of yours can
> get
> > their head out of their ass and join if they
> can
> > learn how to think past their detector. The
> > freakin newbies are coming in the front door
> and
> > walking out the back door over at Friendly and
> > nobody gives a @#$%&. There can be a sub-forum
> for
> > technical stuff as it is important. The hobby
> is
> > going to hell and everybody is leaving the
> > internet where something positive can be done.
> >
> > Most true hobbyists want a forum that is geared
> > toward having fun and being able to be
> productive.
> > The camoflauge puzzies are asking the
> secretary
> > down at the park " can I " so they can detect
> the
> > park loaded for bear trying to be the next
> > aquachigger. Not many people give a @#$%& about
> a
> > faint whisper tone on a 2000 dollar machine but
> > they do want to see a picture of someone's
> > attractive wife. Just the way it is. And don't
> > forget about puppy dogs. We like dogs. 20
> billion
> > dollar a year industry and the Gov kicks mine
> off
> > Findmall. I know this stuff.
>
>
> hi kemp! ole sock! ole kid! still tearin' it
> up,i see!
>
> (h.h.!)
> j.t.

smiling smiley Gotta stay focused on the hobby and thank you---

[www.youtube.com]
July 11, 2016 11:17AM
Someone slam the door on this guy AGAIN. No one wants him on any forum. Hes about creating trouble where there wasnt any. I agree if you dont like go somewhere else. .... oh I forgot no one lets u on their forums.
July 11, 2016 12:07PM
A new forum would be created by simply using this one as it stated and meant to be -- An open forum for metal detecting discussion. Nothing has to be taken away. A small number of the members here want all discussion centered on detectors and that is clear to see by their posts.

There are only 2 metal detecting forums left with enough traffic to be called a forum--Dankowski and Friendly. Tnet has some traffic but is a treasure forum that has some metal detecting categories. If you want to fly around in your undies and swoop down and check out the tread on the spare tire of my Durango they have a category to tell about it . Findmall is a finds forum with some metal detecting activity but the main objective their is the Guvs political views and their is a category for them. That category and the Christian sub-forum there, which also covers politics far exceed any other sub-forum in traffic and views.

I think there are detectorists out there that want to have fun on a forum and talk about metal detecting ( and other issues ) on a forum but are not doing it now for various reasons. If they have a place where they feel comfortable doing that, I think they will. That is just my opinion and if people are being restricted from doing so that's all it will be.
July 11, 2016 12:41PM
This forum is fine the way it is, in my opinion.

I, for one, like to go off the trail once and a while and enjoy stories not really relating to detecting......not speaking for all of course.....but it changes gears and makes for a healthier forum. Hearing some adventures of fellow members daily lives mixed in, is a plus for me.

I don't quite get what you are trying to say, Kemp.
July 11, 2016 12:46PM
ozzie Wrote:
> This forum is fine the way it is, in my opinion.
>
> I, for one, like to go off the trail once and a
> while and enjoy stories not really relating to
> detecting......not speaking for all of
> course.....but it changes gears and makes for a
> healthier forum. Hearing some adventures of fellow
> members daily lives mixed in, is a plus for me.
>
> I don't quite get what you are trying to say,
> Kemp.

Well said and that is what I am saying as well as saying that metal detecting related issues should be discussed without someone trying to shut down the discussion or eliminate the person bring up or discussing the issues. Pretty simple.
July 11, 2016 01:04PM
This forum along with all of the others out there are pretty good compared to other hobbies/sports. This forum in particular is the one I have learned the most from. Lots of analysis and testing...something I love doing myself.

Nox600, CTX, CZ21, Excal II and White's DF with 920i stealthscoop...I live and hunt at the beach in Wilm NCsmiling smiley
July 11, 2016 03:27PM
Kemper you seem to have taken your topic off topic just what you don't want. Open your own site and maybe leave this one aloneconfused smiley

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 11, 2016 06:02PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
> Kemper you seem to have taken your topic off topic
> just what you don't want. Open your own site and
> maybe leave this one aloneconfused smiley

I think I'll stick to detecting...did I dig that hole or someone else...where did I leave my shovel or did I bring my shovel.--Lawrenzo

You probably should not venture past your limits.
July 11, 2016 06:17PM
Anyone into Mopars ? I collect 1965 and 1966 Plymouth Barracudas.

A little dusty-