Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Multi Machine (Basic Test Series 1 - Round 1) Videos.

Posted by Ziggy 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Multi Machine (Basic Test Series 1 - Round 1) Videos.
July 15, 2016 10:48PM
Muti Machine Test Series Videos

Over the coming months I will be putting many machines through their paces starting from basic to hard tests. Each machine will have to go through identical tests in fair unbiased tasks.

The 1st basic round consists of 10 tasks, I feel many machines will breeze this and some of the lower end models will score between 3-6 and the higher end models will hit 10/10 what they are already doing in the videos placed up so far below.

Just doing minor adjustments on some models just to past these first tasks and will be pushing the lower end models as far possible without settings being used that would make the machines unstable in the field.
Machines in this round need a two way signal to score a full point in each task and not be to hesitant.

Coil size and price are very important and have to be taken in to account and remember these are just tests and results will vary around the worlds soil and situations.

With settings I will use any to pass this 1st basic round providing they are usable in the field as said.
Machines VDI numbers may alter in different locations and tests so long as the audio is correct that counts here in this first round.

If the audio don't hit right and the numbers are to low indicating saying iron then that will be a fail..... Long as the audio is correct over ferrous and non-ferrous it will pass even if displaying no or low or high VDI numbers.

As the rounds progress I will introduce hints and tips that might help you out in the field.

Will update this post with each machine video posted below hopefully a couple a week.

Should be fun and be interesting to see how machines deal with different scenarios.

[1] XP Deus (1st Series - Basic Round 1) [youtu.be] 10/10

[2] Nokta Fors Core ( 1st Series - Basic Round 1 ) [youtu.be] 10/10

[3] Deeptech Vista Smart + ( 1st Series - Basic Round 1 ) [youtu.be] 10/10

[4] Makro Racer 2 ( 1st Series - Basic Round 1 ) [youtu.be] 10/10

[5] Pirate Black Devil 2 Pro ( 1st Series - Basic Round 1 ) [youtu.be] 10/10

[6] Nokta Fors Relic ( 1st Series - Basic Round 1 ) [youtu.be] 10/10

[7] Deeptech Vista Gold ( 1st Series - Basic Round 1 ) [youtu.be] 10/10

[8] Teknetics T2 Classic Green Edition ( 1st Series - Basic Round 1 ) + 1 Tone was tried but faired no better case you ask :0) [youtu.be] 7.5/10

[9] Golden Mask 4WD ( 1st Series - Basic Round 1 ) [youtu.be] 10/10

[10] Rutus Alter 71 ( 1st Series - Basic Round 1 ) [youtu.be] 10/10

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2016 10:34PM by Ziggy.
Re: Multi Machine (Basic Test Series 1 - Round 1) Videos.
July 17, 2016 03:12PM
Ziggy, your Youtube videos are great, love watching them as they show real world {in the ground} performance of various detectors.

But why have you not done a test evaluation of the Garrett AT Pro international ?
July 17, 2016 04:33PM
I will also like to say 'Ziggy' that we love your vids & the way you put them together - You're a natural

Vincent NZ winking smiley

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
July 17, 2016 09:58PM
Thanks guys and is truly appreciated....... The ATPro Field run hopefully will be coming up within the next few weeks along with the Pirate machine but just been so busy with other stuff that is non detecting related.

I feel the ATPro will hit the Test Series Videos before I get round to do a Field video on it, but it's a machine I've been out with and do enjoy... I feel it's a very stable machine that don't fart around on iffy signals like others depending on what your searching for....can be a good and bad thing but for sure it's a solid perfomer.
July 17, 2016 10:05PM
Sounds Good Ziggy..

I love to watch your Videos..you have a great knack for them and also great editing skills!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
July 17, 2016 10:35PM
Cheers Keith and any positive words from an experienced detectorist/Tester like yourself is great.

I know many see these tests as pointless due to they are not real world tests, I also know many that like to see these tests I'm starting to run...... The more media that people can get to see providing they are done fair and not fixed the better and people can learn from them.
I will still do Field tests but just want to mix it up a little and saves me cooking in the summer heat.

If people look at videos like yours mine and many of the others out there they can build up the big picture of what a machine is capable of doing.

But people just have to take into account soils change around the world so no matter what video you watch results can vary in their ground.

Thank you once again
July 21, 2016 11:47PM
Pirate Black Devil 2 Pro Now added
July 22, 2016 12:17AM
Looking forward,,,you do great vids.

Got to get a good supply of popcorn.
July 22, 2016 06:10AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looking forward,,,you do great vids.
>
> Got to get a good supply of popcorn.

Ha ha....even I'm getting excited to see what's going to happen in round 2.... Got a lot to get through in round 1 yet, people have asked me on Facebook can we just skip a few rounds and get to the nitty gritty :0)

But got to be fair and work the ladders.... Machines have to walk before they can run lol

Cheers.
July 23, 2016 08:15PM
Ziggy,
Well done videos, as always. Very entertaining as well as informative. I am really looking forward to the up and coming rounds of tests on each machine. Thanks ...Stuart
July 24, 2016 10:11AM
search and recovery Wrote:
> Ziggy,
> Well done videos, as always. Very
> entertaining as well as informative. I am really
> looking forward to the up and coming rounds of
> tests on each machine. Thanks ...Stuart

Thank you and appreciated..... Yeah so am I to be honest. Think there's around 15 more machines to go through round one first though and I'm sure not all will hit 10/10 but as said coil size and price has to be taken into account.

But people get to see a rough perfomance with the machine and coil used.

I didn't want to do straight head to heads as that will go up in flames so each have there own video.

Will up date with each machine done so this topic stays afloat.

Cheers.
July 25, 2016 03:44PM
You do shoot nice videos and the test are way better then these air tests. It does change a bit in the ground with all that can be in the dirt. But I think you have helped show us why some units are better then others...I bet when the impact comes out you will be testing that maybe against the deus?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 28, 2016 08:10AM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
> You do shoot nice videos and the test are way
> better then these air tests. It does change a bit
> in the ground with all that can be in the dirt.
> But I think you have helped show us why some units
> are better then others...I bet when the impact
> comes out you will be testing that maybe against
> the deus?

Cheers......

Time will tell but I'm sure the Impact will walk through a few rounds.
July 29, 2016 02:28AM
Nokta Fors Relic Video now added to list above.
July 29, 2016 11:42AM
Nice vid Ziggy, really surprised it struggled on the 10' viccy penny to be honest, took several sweeps to hit it. I know you cleaned your test bed to make it neutral but if there was a bit of mineralization to the soil it defo would have missed it in a real live one sweep hunt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2016 04:31AM by ghound.
October 11, 2016 06:20PM
Now updated with the T2 Classic Green and the Vista Gold
October 12, 2016 10:57PM
Nice Test Ziggy!!

I love the Performance the DTVG offers ..!!great outstanding unit..

Thanks for doing the testing of all the different units in a controlled environment test..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
October 13, 2016 04:57AM
can you post the results so we don't have to watch all the videos?
October 14, 2016 02:35AM
I would appreciate posting the results on the forum also, as videos work spotty out here in the boonies. Thanks Zig!
October 17, 2016 07:49PM
Yeah no problems..... When I bring out the next video I will update this topic with a score next to each video.
October 18, 2016 06:30PM
Golden Mask 4WD now added

Round 2 will start soon so these 10/10 scores will start to fall lower with many machines..... Will be good to see what does what when the going gets harder :0)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2016 06:36PM by Ziggy.
October 18, 2016 07:09PM
It just ate that mineralised brick for breakfast, to me that's the GM's strong point, it gets bad ground, compare the audio to the racer or relic's test!
I just hope the Impact can get bad soil, fingers crossed, because if it does it will be a cracker of a machine.
October 18, 2016 09:25PM
I'm sure the Impact will smash it mate..... They are tweaking and double checking this flagship model to make it top notch as can be I feel
Yes the GM4 hit that coin well under that brick, it's not an easy test as even the the garret probe sounds off when touching that but the Bulgarians know how to make powerful machines.

The next round things ain't going to be easy so certain machines will need to stretch and flex their muscles to score well.
December 21, 2016 11:54PM
Rutus Alter 71 added now.....

Next Round starts soon, things are going to warm up :0)
December 22, 2016 01:37AM
Like the videos, nice to see the unified tests on the variety of machines you're running!
December 22, 2016 02:13AM
Always commendable Ziggy!!

Keep Up The good work!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
December 22, 2016 08:58AM
Always appreciated Kieth and from others..... Thank you
December 22, 2016 04:20PM
what is the source of the soil in the boxes ? and constituents of the soil ? sandy ,acid?? clay or mineralised ?
December 22, 2016 11:06PM
Diggers...... It's soil from my garden that was farmland 20 years ago, it's about 2 bars on a Racer 2 if that helps and is well bedded in now... I can check Acidic levels of you wish, this test bed replicates my area well as being I can dig a coin at depth 5-10 miles away and record all data, set the same dig up in the bed and will get near identicle readings from a clean find.

I took around a week off and on removing impurities like very small hot rocks and so on in order to collect real result in tests going forward, 95 % clean soil o would say, some high strung machine can still pick up minute signals now and again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2016 11:09PM by Ziggy.