Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Vs Old,

Posted by auminesweeper 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New Vs Old,
July 18, 2016 08:51AM
Just to clear up some thing before we start this is not about me being over the hill and that moment in time has long since past, So lets get cooking,

I was watching people doing Keith's nail board tests and then I found 2 very interesting ones, now we all know that a 6x10 coil is equal to an 8" round coils and an 11x7 is equal to a 9" round coil so here is what I meant when I made a post saying that manufacturers have gone backwards,

first the new machines,

[www.youtube.com]

And now for something that I did not expect, Remember the Tortoise and the Hare, lol

[www.youtube.com]

Enjoy, john.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2016 08:52AM by auminesweeper.
Re: New Vs Old,
July 18, 2016 02:01PM
Los of older detectors and yes some super vintage detectors likewise getting the goodies as they are well learned by individuals using them....
July 19, 2016 12:33AM
I just picked up a Wilson RC II and it can hit 9" Silver Dimes all day long! And that is with Disc. at Max!
And a 7.5" Coil.
July 19, 2016 02:53AM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just picked up a Wilson RC II and it can hit 9"
> Silver Dimes all day long! And that is with Disc.
> at Max!
> And a 7.5" Coil.

Funny you should say that because on the weekend I just bought a Whites 5900 Di Pro Plus, That has been boxed and in a loft for about 20 or 30 years and never been used and it is the model that takes all the modern Coils yet it is the Old Blue Box Model,

See Here

[www.ebay.co.uk]

John.
July 22, 2016 11:43AM
Well my New ( old ) Whites 5900 Di Pro Plus has turned up and it is in beautiful condition, and un marked,, I weighed all the part and it weighs a mere 2,592 Kgs or to us normal folks 5.714 pounds, Without batteries, Just a Slip of a thing, My only Gripe is the sender put packing Tape on all the seams of the box making a Pita to open along with wreaking the Vintage Box,

Having spoken to Whites This Machine was manufactured in July 1989, So I am Guessing then that this could be one of the Very Last Blue Box Detectors, The Whites 5900 Di Pro was reviewed by Lost Treasure In November 1986, See the review below. Enjoy, thumbs down

John,

[www.losttreasure.com]
July 22, 2016 06:52PM
I like the old units as fun to play with and some can still get the job done.
July 22, 2016 07:36PM
Some of the older Whites machine can be very enjoyable too use,i do also use a IDX Pro and must admit for a older machine its pretty deep,its very good on trashy sites even with the stock coil,i also have a 5.3 and the 15'' Concentric.Simplicity and easy to use and even after using my DFX with 1000s of hours on the clock i am finding that i am picking the IDX machine up over the DFX.

Have been using the RNB battery pack in the IDX and it gives amazing battery life and also the battery pack is lighter than the Whites alkaline pack,will be out using the IDX all day on sunday along side my Deus,design wise and technology wise poles apart but both enjoyable machines to use.
July 22, 2016 07:39PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like the old units as fun to play with and some
> can still get the job done.
Well this old thing Air Tests deeper than nearly All Modern machines, the ID depth is not that great but it still lets you know something is down there, Even with the 950 coils it is pretty Brutal , The ID meter takes a strong signal to Trigger it, And In most Modes it tests like the MXT in the Prospecting Mode, On a Quarter the signal gets weaker and weaker til about 18 to 19 inches where it no longer upsets the Threshold Some UK coins it does the same out to about 24 inches, I think I need to order that 15" coil for it, This thing reminds me of USS Missouri from WW II and where they used it in the movie Battleship, It is a Beast,

John
July 24, 2016 03:18AM
I would like to get around some folks running some of the older units.