Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Any ideas or help..

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Any ideas or help..
July 22, 2016 03:06PM
Friend of mine has a priority mail USPS 8 days late on arrival...anyone had similar situation and what transpired..
Not mine as would be all over my local post office officials...
Re: Any ideas or help..
July 22, 2016 03:28PM
I've waited nearly three weeks for a money order to arrive. Paul will remember that one. Finally showed up. Turned out the envelope had fallen behind a pickup box and nobody noticed it until someone actually moved the pickup box.

I had a package show up 6 weeks late one time. I had bought some prospecting gear off ebay and it never showed. The company made good on it and sent me a replacement after two weeks of waiting, I got the replacement in just a couple of days. A month later the original order shows up. Called the company and let them know and they said keep it. So the post office got me a twofer that go around.

That said, the majority of my experience with the Post Office have been very positive and I don't hesitate to use them when they are cost effective.

HH
Mike
July 22, 2016 10:26PM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Friend of mine has a priority mail USPS 8 days
> late on arrival...anyone had similar situation and
> what transpired..
> Not mine as would be all over my local post office
> officials...

I had a priority envelope with a M.O. disappear between me and a seller for about 6 weeks, once.

I had already put a stop payment on the original, replaced it, and completed the transaction with the gentleman...when he email me 6 weeks later with a 'Guess what I got in the mail today?'.
I think they just lose things in the rush.

If it's a parcel though, the longer it takes...the more likely it's damaged and/or missing the label.

You can start a trace with USPS....the info is online and also at your PO.

Good Luck,
mike
July 23, 2016 02:19PM
Thanks guys....did some reading on the USPS site and advised the sender of the priority envelope to start a trace process...Have to admit have used USPS many times but do prefer Fedex...and imagine with the number of parcels they handle happens with all shippers.......
July 24, 2016 12:47PM
The only mail that is guaranteed is the expensive " Express" Mail. As far as priority mail the 2-3 day priority is only a suggestion. If it takes 8 days , then it takes 8 days and the post office usual response is " That's Life" .Don't expect a refund. Never had to much of a problem, once in awhile a package will take forever. In my case it is usually the "tards" in the Boise, ID post office that are too stupid to be able to sort the mail properly and a package will be shipped off to the wrong destination, and then spends eternity being re- routed back to where it was suppose to go.

I bought a detector from a guy in Boise ( 60 miles away) He mailed it and should have been here next day, instead Boise decided to send it to New Mexico, then over to CA and finally back my way thru Portland, Or. Took the machine almost 2 1/2 weeks to make that 60 mile journey LOL
July 24, 2016 02:15PM
Guess everyone has their horror stories...been lucky myself with minor exceptions....USPS lost a coil and took forever for them to make good with value...UPS coming to me ended up 100 miles away, but have to say had it the next day after several phone calls..Never had a problem with FedEx...With number of parcels they handle probability of getting stung is always there...
July 24, 2016 03:57PM
Ha....n I had all my grand kids Christmas presents go missing. Got a call from Whites a month later. I had used a whites box....the lable came off so they sent it there. Once they opened the box my info was inside. I do that for just this reason. The uspo finally got a reasonable tracking sys something fedex has had. Problem is if fedex dont pack it they want to give u only $100 for the contents.
July 24, 2016 05:54PM
I've had nothing but good luck with the US Post Office.

Now UPS, that's an entirely different story..... one time I ordered a 50 bottle wine refrigerator, mind you, it's not exactly small. At any rate I was watching the tracking online, and it just vanished....last update was something like "couldn't locate package"....so a rather large and heavy package just vanished....more likely someone else got a new wine cellar on my dime. Had another box dropped off (I think the driver dropped it and ran off) that had clearly been run over by a truck, luckily it was a bunch of socks, so it didn't hurt them, but still. I collect antique art glass, and I cannot tell you how many times UPS has broken some expensive pieces due to shoddy shipping services, or from when I had to have it shipped from a UPS store and they did a shoddy job of packing the glass and it arrived in a zillion pieces. I'm not a fan of UPS at all.....the browns can all go to the super bowl as far as I'm concerned!
July 24, 2016 07:21PM
I've had trouble with all three of them (UPS, FedEx & USPS).----Had packages coming in from any of the three that looked like a piano (or two) had been thrown on them.-----I will say though--the worst of the lot at "loosing" items has been USPS (in my experience).----------Del
July 24, 2016 09:04PM
USPS uses Fed Ex to handle the bulk of their package shipping. Fed Ex has airlines to transport things; USPS does not, so they have a contract with Fed Ex. When USPS closed down a large chunk of their shipping/sorting hubs, they started using Fed Ex to deliver packages to the post offices. I thought something was weird when I was following a package I had coming and it was scheduled to be at the post office that day. I went to intercept it early that morning and they told me "if its a large package, that will be coming here by FedEx and they normally don't run until 10-11 a.m.". I asked my digging buddy about it (he works at the post office in the next town over) and he filled me in on the FedEx thing.
July 24, 2016 09:19PM
Some additional data here.

Sometimes when I receive a package that Was shipped,,usually smaller,,,it will come UPS or fed ex to my post office,,,,then the mail carrier delivers this package to my mailbox.

My wife's medicine,,,a lot of it done this way too.

Seems USPS and UPS and Fed Ex have teamed up,,,and all benefit here.

Why for example should fed ex go deep into rural USA to a residence ,,,when the US mail carrier will be going,,,,eliminating this special trip for commercial carrier for such a small package.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2016 10:25AM by tnsharpshooter.
July 25, 2016 07:04AM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Friend of mine has a priority mail USPS 8 days
> late on arrival...anyone had similar situation and
> what transpired..
> Not mine as would be all over my local post office
> officials...

dan! maybe truck got "highjacked?"
seems like your friend lives up in "moose jaw" canada?

(h.h.!)
j.t.
July 27, 2016 03:11PM
To update....after several weeks delay the parcel in question has been found and will be delivered in near future....KUDOS to USPS and again imagine happens with all shippers..Dan