Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CTX 3030 PP trace

Posted by Mccrorysjewelry2 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CTX 3030 PP trace
July 23, 2016 07:06PM
Found this on Findmall forum. What do you think about what these guys are saying.

Here's what you can miss if NOT using Pinpoint Trace mode...
Posted by: trojdor
Date: July 20, 2016 01:08AM
We talk a lot how the PP trace feature can give you extreme/max depth (it does),
and also to help with the ever present problems caused by hunting coins in 'rusty square nail' iron-land (again, it does).

Here's another inherent advantage...hunting in dense modern (spelled aluminum) trash.

Sunday night, I was at a heavily hunted public area to gather some quick info for an upcoming hunt with my hunting buddy, CZconnoisseur.
The area in question (like most public spots) has been heavily hunted by literally hundreds, if not thousands of detectors over the decades.

I focused on a small one foot by two foot trashy area, and immediately got far too many signals to separate...NONE REALLY GOOD...however normal Target Trace had flashed a decent low conductor number 12-28 ish.
I figured I'd switch to PP Trace and see how the 'sound, size, and shape' of the audio in AM non-motion sounded. (If good on all three, I'd typically hope for gold, and dig.)

Note; that (as we've mentioned before) when surrounded by trash, the non-motion aspect of PP really helps isolate the various signals in thick trash.
While clearing up the signal in PP, the screen was painting multiple targets...probably about 7 or so...when I noticed that if I moved ever so slightly to the right, I painted the prettiest 12-45 ish blob.

So, of course, the heck with the probable square tab signal...I centered over the 12-45...but was disappointed to see the depth reading lock on at 4". sad smiley
Thinking, "oh well, free money...easy diggin'...I'll guess a clad dime."

Well, I was a little off this time....dug this instead...at exactly 4 inches:

And before the pics, let me emphasize again that this area has had more good detectorists/detectors over it than you can imagine. The busy spot was right out in the open, not hidden or out of the way.
It's simply been missed by everyone

It was a 1887 seated dime.

Re: Here's what you can miss if NOT using Pinpoint Trace mode...
Posted by: CZconnoisseur
Date: July 21, 2016 11:37AM
I really like the PP trace feature...being able to have a picture painted in front of you AND using the audio component really lets you know what's under the coil! We have compared a lot of signals between the CTX and 9" Deus, but the CTX has it won with this PP trace! Those folded beavertails are a menace - especially if they come from 8-9" deep - those stupid things sometimes indicate as coins between both machines...can't all be gems though!

If someone could combine the CTX with a Deus - That person could name their price!
Re: CTX 3030 PP trace
July 23, 2016 07:16PM
If someone could combine the CTX with a Deus - That person could name their price!

Nintendo released that Pokemon game on cell phones. I want to see a rod and coil released with an app that woks on a phone. But back on topic. The CTX releases quite a bit of target information. Learning how to read that info is the difference between success and being skunked.
July 23, 2016 11:14PM
goodmore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The CTX releases quite a bit of target
> information. Learning how to read that info is the
> difference between success and being skunked.

+1
Especially in public places that have all the 'easy pickins' cleaned out long ago.
Nowadays, goodies are typically either right next to junk, or over 7 inches down.

Regardless of make, model, and brand, you need to work that detector so you can easily tell the difference between a coin on edge and the ends falsing of a rusty nail.
Or a coin next to a nail. Multiple targets or surface trash. Tell co-located signals apart.
And let the faint, inconsistent deep signals 'talk to you'.
July 24, 2016 12:30AM
Mccrorys, I am wondering if you could be so kind to show your settings...? I have never used the pp trace program. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jim
July 24, 2016 12:49AM
I use Trace on mine and when I get a long line you would think nail right? Sometimes it is big earrings so when in the water I still dig everything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2016 12:50AM by GreenMeanie.