Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

question for Wally regarding # of logged in members listed at bottom of window

Posted by ncwayne 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
question for Wally regarding # of logged in members listed at bottom of window
July 26, 2016 12:58AM
Generally I do not log out from one visit to another on this forum. I just viewed some threads, made a reply to one of them, and looked at the bottom of the window and it does not show me logged on. Why?
How many others registered users are logged in and not represented in this listing?
Does it only show up to a set number of users and no more, or should it list every single user currently logged in? Please tell us how it works. Thank you.

Don't we run the risk of visitors thinking that perhaps this forum does not have very many registered members, or that even its members don't participate in this forum, so why should they even visit, much less join?

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
Yeah I noticed that too, so if you click the refresh doodad at the top of your screen it does show As Logged in, Ok

John.
Re: question for Wally regarding # of logged in members listed at bottom of window
July 26, 2016 09:16AM
ncwayne,

I'm not sure how it works but sometimes it takes a few page views or page refreshings before the Phorum scripts log you in. Sometimes, it picks you up on the first page you visit (?).

Wally
you may not be shown as logged in to the forum if...
July 26, 2016 03:37PM
...if you have not put a check mark in the box for "Allow other users to see when I am logged in"

Navigate to "Control Center"

Click on '"Edit my privacy options"

And place a check mark in the box next to "Allow other users to see when I am logged in"

Of course, you still may not show as logged in at times, depending on the forum software, but you almost certainly will not be shown as logged in if you don't grant permission to do so via the check mark.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
Re: you may not be shown as logged in to the forum if...
July 26, 2016 03:49PM
ncwayne Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...if you have not put a check mark in the box for
> "Allow other users to see when I am logged in"
>
> Navigate to "Control Center"
>
> Click on '"Edit my privacy options"
>
> And place a check mark in the box next to "Allow
> other users to see when I am logged in"
>
> Of course, you still may not show as logged in at
> times, depending on the forum software, but you
> almost certainly will not be shown as logged in if
> you don't grant permission to do so via the check
> mark.
>
> Wayne

Yeah I did that but sometimes I am invisible too, But that could be my lazy internet speed, It does not tell me when people post either hot smiley
Mine never shows me when I'm logged in...???

Then some on here show logged in constantly...??

I only log on a couple times a day then sometimes I can go 3 or 4 days without even looking usually.. so it may need to be logged in longer then maybe 2 or 3 minutes to make it show up.I just log in to post or answer a P.M. most all my activity is done from my phone then I log back off..

If I compose a post I do it offline then just log on and paste it..that's why I misspell so many words lol...the spell checker on my phone does anything it wants..

Might be browser type?

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla