Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

White's not selling MX Sport

Posted by Kemper94 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
White's not selling MX Sport
July 26, 2016 12:38PM
White's Electronics is not selling the MX Sport -- [www.whiteselectronics.com] " Sign up to get notified when this product is back in stock"

If you know of any dealer selling this product please report them.
Re: White's not selling MX Sport
July 26, 2016 12:55PM
Kemper94 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> White's Electronics is not selling the MX Sport --
> [www.whiteselectronics.com] "
> Sign up to get notified when this product is back
> in stock"
>
> If you know of any dealer selling this product
> please report them.

My Preferred Dealer has just confirmed That the MX-sport is Officially Listed as Out of Stock.

Well done Guys for hanging in there even when you your selves got your fingers burnt, proud of ya.

Well I am glad Whites is now being proactive about this, This is the Whites that I Know Kudos to them for that,

Thanks for posting it,,

John

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2016 04:21PM by auminesweeper.
July 26, 2016 02:01PM
Of course its very good news,but i dont personally think it should of been allowed too get this far,i am predominantly a Whites man and have been for many years,but with this current MX Sport problem and the way that it was handled has me sitting on the fence.But i never buy a new piece of detecting equipment for a minimum of 12 months from the release date mainly to see if major issues like this arise.
July 26, 2016 02:13PM
I agree, The only sad part about this as you say is that This was not done sooner, But Saying that I have so much more Respect for them Today than I did yesterday, I would be just as hard on family if I saw something that was not above board, I have spent a fortune on Whites products and will continue to do so as long as they play the Game,.

John
July 26, 2016 02:15PM
auminesweeper Wrote:
> Kemper94 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > White's Electronics is not selling the MX Sport
> --
> > [www.whiteselectronics.com] "
> > Sign up to get notified when this product is
> back
> > in stock"
> >
> > If you know of any dealer selling this product
> > please report them.
>
> My Preferred Dealer has just confirmed That the
> MX-sport is Officially Listed as Out of Stock.
>
> Well done Guys for hanging in there even when you
> your selves got your fingers burnt, proud of ya.
>
> Well I am glad Whites is now being proactive about
> this, This is the Whites that I Know Kudos to them
> for that,
>
> EDIT, Whites have also posted this on their forum,
> [forums.whiteselectronics.com]
> ?76156-MX-Sport-From-White-s-Electronics-Inc
>
> Thanks for posting it,,
>
> John

The link you provided is not related to the issues with the MX Sport. It only addresses the customer problems that White's has created. " White’s stands by their customers completely.. " They are not claiming they will provide those customers with a properly functioning MX Sport with or without proper faceplate material.

I know of no such machine in existence and White's has not claimed there is any such machine in existence. I believe that is why White's is standing by their customers and not standing by their machine. They created both problems and are required to deal with issues they created in regards to their customers.
July 26, 2016 02:44PM
Kemper94 Wrote:
>
> The link you provided is not related to the issues
> with the MX Sport. It only addresses the customer
> problems that White's has created. " White’s
> stands by their customers completely.. " They are
> not claiming they will provide those customers
> with a properly functioning MX Sport with or
> without proper faceplate material.
>
> I know of no such machine in existence and White's
> has not claimed there is any such machine in
> existence. I believe that is why White's is
> standing by their customers and not standing by
> their machine. They created both problems and are
> required to deal with issues they created in
> regards to their customers.

That link was a redirect I got when I click on another link else where sorry about that,

It is good that they are standing by their customers, I spoke to my local dealer and he has had his fair share of problems regarding all aspects of the machines from shipping to the final out come, But maybe now Whites can get on and make it the machine it was meant to be, This is a Good move by them now we have to wait and see where it goes, But most of all it does not help putting hundreds of machines a week maybe more out the door and trying to fix hundreds more coming back for updates, at leased now there is no deadline to meet or quota's to get out apart from fixing existing machines and that has to be a good thing for everyone,

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2016 05:10PM by auminesweeper.
July 26, 2016 04:16PM
What a mess. I am saddened that it has come to this. I am not a big fan of Whites, I like their products. However, I am still a big fan of America!
July 26, 2016 06:55PM
Saw a quote from whites saying there 'working things out' and they will be 'back up soon'
July 26, 2016 07:00PM
ghound Wrote:
> Saw a quote from whites saying there 'working
> things out' and they will be 'back up soon'

Do you have a link to that post,

Thanks, John
July 26, 2016 07:40PM
What is sad is that people are going to go hunting today,tomorrow and this week-end and will have problems with the MX Sport and not be able to hunt. White's has done nothing that I know of to inform the people who may not read the forums,of the problems with the MX Sport.
They don't have to as that is not considered customer service.

Creating a situation where a customer needs service does not seem to be a concern of those that make money from White's and/or brag about their customer service.

Edited to add- There is also the issue of people not being able to hunt because their detector is sent in for repair.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2016 07:55PM by Kemper94.
July 26, 2016 07:58PM
Kemper94 Wrote:
> What is sad is that people are going to go hunting
> today,tomorrow and this week-end and will have
> problems with the MX Sport and not be able to
> hunt. White's has done nothing that I know of to
> inform the people who may not read the forums,of
> the problems with the MX Sport.
> They don't have to as that is not considered
> customer service.
>
> Creating a situation where a customer needs
> service does not seem to be a concern of those
> that make money from White's and/or brag about
> their customer service.

Well I don't expect to do a complete about face, But they have made a start all be it a late one, The wheels are now in motion, And now they can go forward from here depending how they handle it from now on, Like I said Honesty is the best policy and they can turn this around and get back to being at the top of the heap again, but just tell us as it is We can take it, Whether they fail or not is not the issue because Now at leased they are trying, and As long as they just come out with the facts that's fine with me, I will do my best to support them if they do all the above and I will spend every penny if they just say it like it is, because it was the misinformation that got me fired up in the first place,

John
July 26, 2016 08:07PM
"Edited to add- There is also the issue of people not being able to hunt because their detector is sent in for repair"

AND that is why they should release new machines(that are ready to be released) in September. This would of been in the past and done and over with.
July 26, 2016 08:34PM
Said it a long time ago, they would been better of just having a recall on the sport. they tooled or local dealer just sell the first ones you got no one will know anything is wrong with them.
July 26, 2016 08:57PM
Potomac run Wrote:
> Said it a long time ago, they would been better of
> just having a recall on the sport. they tooled or
> local dealer just sell the first ones you got no
> one will know anything is wrong with them.

A lot of this stems from the testers and the Engineers not communicating properly, There is one person who I have very serious doubts about and showmanship is not a measure of their skills, The last two machines that the person has been involved in has had some short comings to put it politely and in future when I see that this person is involved with any machine my wallet will remain closed until I see proof,

In All Fairness to Whites they can only build upon the information that they are given and if that chain is broken then some things are out of their control, But I still agree that this should have been withdrawn until the problems were fixed, but I hope they solve the software issues at the same time while then everyone will be happy,

John.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2016 09:54PM by auminesweeper.
July 27, 2016 02:15AM
You piqued my interest, John. Elaborate?
July 27, 2016 02:52AM
marcomo Wrote:
> You piqued my interest, John. Elaborate?

Well I think the Choice of some field testers are not the people that I would work with if I was trying to build a world class machine, For out and out skill and understanding of what different features can Achieve Then I would Put Des Dunne at the Top of the Heap because he did this exact job for Minelab During their Growing Years And Like when Whites were Building the MXT E-series Jimmy Sierra Worked closely with Dave Johnson and a few others and That machine has been at the top for 16 years and it has something to offer even now,

Where Des Dunne is different he Actually understands what engineers are talking about because he has done that type of work and not just tested machines, Also He was the best Ambassador That Minelab ever had, Going to Rallies and talking to people spending hours on the phone walking people through their machines, The Best part about Minelab Europe was Des Dunne, Having good engineers is all very well but if the field testers can't translate what the machine is saying or the Engineers are saying then the machine will fall short and the customers will be left wanting, Having seen his work in Action, I have no doubts that this project needs someone like Des who can get things back on Track..

John.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2016 03:15AM by auminesweeper.
July 27, 2016 04:06AM
I understand, you're saying they need better field testers who can more effectively communicate with the engineers.
July 27, 2016 11:49AM
marcomo Wrote:
> I understand, you're saying they need better field
> testers who can more effectively communicate with
> the engineers.

Yeah, But they need to be involved from the beginning and not just given a machine to test after it has been made, because once it is made there is very little that can be put right apart from minor tweaks to the software and then it is too late.

john.
July 27, 2016 01:22PM
Oh Good news The Beach Hunter 300 has been put back on the List of Current Models, Now that does work on the beach and in the water, Great Machines Indeed.

[www.whiteselectronics.com]

John.
July 27, 2016 02:11PM
To get back on topic here-- By showing that the detector is out of stock on their website it may give the impression that it is a hot seller. There is also a notation there directing you to find a dealer.

There is no mention that some dealers refuse to ell this detector.
White's has no alert to the issues regarding this detector on their website.
Whites has no alert to the issues regarding this detector on their Facebook page.
White's has no youtube video alerting to the issues about this detector.

There is also NO KNOWN EXAMPLE OF A PROPER FUNCTIONING AND CONSTRUCTED DETECTOR anywhere that I know of. Some of you need to think about the person that may have saved up for a year to purchase a detector and got screwed and may still not be able to hunt.
Anonymous User
July 27, 2016 02:25PM
The package that the thing comes in looks nice though. Like how they did the battery compartment. One would think they could put almost anything they want in that package, maybe tweak the ergonomics and shape a bit to make it look and feel like it was made in the last decade. Anything, like an updated Dual Field, or an MXT, or any number of things that they know work could go in there. Not the BH 300, one would hope they could do better than that, but it seems like the package has possibilities.

They know how to make detectors, and how to test them too. A little less money on PR people and ridiculous videos trying to put lipstick on this pig and a little effort toward some innovative updating might do wonders.
July 27, 2016 02:55PM
word of advice to White's....

add the firmware version/date that shows on powerup....when a 'new' version finally ships....

not providing this vital information is absolutely assinine....

folks still won't know that they will be getting the ''final" version otherwise....and no, saying it is somewhere on the box isn't good enough....there will be lots of "pre-final" units making the rounds for a looooong time...

clean the slate and add this to the FW....and good luck getting it 'right'.....

cheers...
July 27, 2016 03:18PM
Kemper94 Wrote:
> To get back on topic here-- By showing that the
> detector is out of stock on their website it may
> give the impression that it is a hot seller. There
> is also a notation there directing you to find a
> dealer.
>
> There is no mention that some dealers refuse to
> ell this detector.
> White's has no alert to the issues regarding this
> detector on their website.
> Whites has no alert to the issues regarding this
> detector on their Facebook page.
> White's has no youtube video alerting to the
> issues about this detector.
>
> There is also NO KNOWN EXAMPLE OF A PROPER
> FUNCTIONING AND CONSTRUCTED DETECTOR anywhere that
> I know of. Some of you need to think about the
> person that may have saved up for a year to
> purchase a detector and got screwed and may still
> not be able to hunt.

I posted the same thing many times, Just not here, The fact that this one is Listed as OUT OF STOCK and on the Same Day the Beach Hunter 300 Re-appears back on the List tells me that either the MXS is going to take a long time to put right or the MXS is Dead in the Water,

One of the first things I said was about those of us who have to hand over our hard earned money and saved like crazy just to get our hands on such a machine just to have it proven to be a failure, But none of this means anything to The company or those folks who are down to their Last $100,000. But in the normal World these are dramatic things and Very damaging to those who are new to the Hobby.
July 27, 2016 05:29PM
>
> I posted the same thing many times, Just not here,
> The fact that this one is Listed as OUT OF STOCK
> and on the Same Day the Beach Hunter 300
> Re-appears back on the List tells me that either
> the MXS is going to take a long time to put right
> or the MXS is Dead in the Water,
>
> One of the first things I said was about those of
> us who have to hand over our hard earned money and
> saved like crazy just to get our hands on such a
> machine just to have it proven to be a failure,
> But none of this means anything to The company or
> those folks who are down to their Last $100,000.
> But in the normal World these are dramatic things
> and Very damaging to those who are new to the
> Hobby.-- auminesweeper

Very well said.

(edited for my spelling)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2016 05:33PM by Kemper94.
July 27, 2016 08:24PM
We are in the 21st century, What Whites New machines need is a USB port so the owner can download the latest software versions, Just think how much Whites could have saved on freight charges if people could have down loaded the updates instead of loosing their machines for 10 days plus,

It all could have been done in seconds and Whites would have been able to see how each machine was working, Food for thought aye.

John.
July 27, 2016 09:36PM
I agree. There is no reason in today's world to come out with a new digital platform that does not allow the user to get updated software without sending in the detector.
July 27, 2016 09:43PM
auminesweeper Wrote:
> We are in the 21st century, What Whites New
> machines need is a USB port so the owner can
> download the latest software versions, Just think
> how much Whites could have saved on freight
> charges if people could have down loaded the
> updates instead of loosing their machines for 10
> days plus,
>
> It all could have been done in seconds and Whites
> would have been able to see how each machine was
> working, Food for thought aye.
>
> John.

Stop,Stop--you're making too much sense.
July 27, 2016 11:33PM
auminesweeper Wrote:
> Oh Good news The Beach Hunter 300 has been put
> back on the List of Current Models, Now that does
> work on the beach and in the water, Great Machines
> Indeed.
>
> [www.whiteselectronics.com]
>
> John.
I never knew or was told the BHID was off the web site! I like the BHID except for 2 things. 1st when you have the toggle in "All metal" it easily flips back to disc if the wind blows on it. Not to mention your headphone cable that flips it back. It needs some kind of lock or?? 2nd they need to get rid of the huge 12 inch coil that floats. This would be a perfect place to slap that 10 inch MXS boat anchor coil on.

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
July 28, 2016 12:21AM
khouse Wrote:
> auminesweeper Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Oh Good news The Beach Hunter 300 has been put
> > back on the List of Current Models, Now that
> does
> > work on the beach and in the water, Great
> Machines
> > Indeed.
> >
> >
> [www.whiteselectronics.com]
> >
> > John.
> I never knew or was told the BHID was off the web
> site! I like the BHID except for 2 things. 1st
> when you have the toggle in "All metal" it easily
> flips back to disc if the wind blows on it. Not
> to mention your headphone cable that flips it
> back. It needs some kind of lock or?? 2nd they
> need to get rid of the huge 12 inch coil that
> floats. This would be a perfect place to slap
> that 10 inch MXS boat anchor coil on.

In the last few months, the 6x10 eclipse coil for the MXT vanished as did the 8x14 for the MXT and the 8x14 for the GMT and the TDI Pro and the Beach Hunter 300 and lately the MXT E-Series, but some things are still in stock but not on the list of Accessories / Detectors for sale.

John.