Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Surprised no solar tech on detectors yet

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Surprised no solar tech on detectors yet
July 26, 2016 04:34PM
Surprised no solar tech is not placed on some detectors,,,to keep power source charged.

Tech doesn't seem to be too expensive,,,just based off some solar powered watches and calculators.

We see Xp does have a device to use in conjunction with detector,,,but why not use on the detector itself???

Deus coil may have been a good place to have tried.

All just my opinion of course.
Re: Surprised no solar tech on detectors yet
July 26, 2016 04:46PM
Solar cells are not efficient enough yet. You would need quite a large amount of solar cells to make it operate for extended periods of time. Now a hybrid power set-up might work.
July 26, 2016 04:52PM
Maybe I should have been clearer,,,a hybrid setup is juat what I was referring to,,,not a dedicated only solar charged power source.
July 26, 2016 04:52PM
Beyonder-Pa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Solar cells are not efficient enough yet. You
> would need quite a large amount of solar cells to
> make it operate for extended periods of time. Now
> a hybrid power set-up might work.

That's what I was thinking. You would need too big of a panel and it would add weight to the machine.
A backpack however has possibilities SolarGoPack®
July 26, 2016 04:53PM
put it on my head instead....i have to wear a hat most times, but I don't need my back getting more heated than it already is.
July 26, 2016 05:09PM
Too hot for a backpack? Maybe bring one of these along with you.
July 26, 2016 05:33PM
Those are the new improved silicone E cells. They have been around for years but this particular application is new.