Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

SOLD: Keith Southern Modded SurfMaster II F/S

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
SOLD: Keith Southern Modded SurfMaster II F/S
July 28, 2016 02:16AM
Sellin my KS Modded surfmaster II Beach/Water machine = good to 200 ft deep

not only are these things rare as hens teeth/never come to market but to find one modded by Keith is even more rare!

Sent in for checkup and had new coil and seal installed like a year or so ago at Whites. Hot on gold/lower conductors per Keith's Mod and DEEP compared to originals grinning smiley

Also includes additional Short Divers Rod!

Reduced to $325 shipped for any forum member here on Tom's = postal money order or credit card over the phone (no pay enemy).

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2016 07:16PM by MichiganRelicHunter.
Re: Keith Southern Modded SurfMaster II F/S!
July 28, 2016 04:14AM
What did he do to mod it?
July 28, 2016 11:59AM
Changed out some resistors that make it more sensitive to/hit better on gold targets and increased depth by about 35%
July 29, 2016 02:35AM
That's a good One Wayne has ...I remember it modded out as hot as any I ever did..

Like all the Classic circuits it Kills iron and still picks the goodies out..

I took Wayne's out to test it before sending it back...and it nabbed a injun in a well hunted house site...I had dug a carved Whitworth in there and I really laid on that site hard..yet the Surfmaster walked in and grabbed the Injun...

stuff like that always amazes me...get the right freq and right coil and and right machine and bam a target appears..

Classics have a great broad nail range..you can set them to barely disc the nails and pick goodies in iron very well..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
July 29, 2016 02:55AM
I have one that is modded by Keith and it gets a solid hits both ways on my 9" dime. It's gets a little more than a one way hit on my 10" dime in my mild ground. This analog detector you can go slow and has a so smooth hit on non-ferrous targets. And you can dig the iron relics too if you want to. I won't be getting rid of mine. Just wanted to say this detector goes deep and separated great for a simple to use detector. It's worth having for the price. The freq is 12 khz and is great on rings.

Rick
Re: Keith Southern Modded SurfMaster II F/S! Price drop!
July 29, 2016 08:42PM
n/t

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2016 05:09PM by MichiganRelicHunter.
July 30, 2016 08:30PM
No interest/nobody water hunts? Is it the price? How about $375 shipped? Can't go any lower = I have a pile of $$ in it from buying it and having Keith doing the mod and whites doing their work to it. These are great water machines and very hard to find PLUS it's been improved via the mod Keith did so you're getting a machine that is better & deeper than when they were made at the factory PLUS it has the recent new coil and seal so it should give yrs of service with no problems! Seals can still be purchased too (same ones as the surf PI's that are still being made).

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2016 02:18PM by MichiganRelicHunter.
July 30, 2016 09:07PM
I thought as soon as you said Keith Southern it would have sold?
August 02, 2016 05:16PM
Reduced for quick sale to any forum member here on Tom's @ $325 shipped (PO money order -- or -- credit card over the phone + 3%).

If no interest this time - I'll just keep it.

Thanks
Re: SOLD: Keith Southern Modded SurfMaster II F/S
August 03, 2016 07:16PM
SOLD