Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

NOISE factor on this forum...

Posted by ncwayne 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
NOISE factor on this forum...
July 30, 2016 01:26PM
Just my opinion here. I believe the noise factor on this forum is going sky high right now and some folks, I believe you know who you are, are drowning out the "target signal" of this forum with egomaniacal maleficent interference. EMI.
Too much is being said by a few listers just to hear themselves talk, and to get a rise out of someone else, or to have the last word. And when two or more are intent on having the last word, it never ends. It is not good for this forum.
One individual, in particular, is speaking with a false authority, making statements that give the appearance of him speaking on behalf of a manufacturer, and I'm not talking about Tom Boykin. He is a manufacturer's rep here, and I, for one, welcome his presence on this forum.
I am not ranting. I am asking that we, as a group of individuals coming together here to combine our interests, our experiences, our knowledge, and our passion for this wonderful, healthful, and wholesome activity of metal detecting, remember to be respectful of one another, and not try to take over the forum out of a selfish need to spread the word of OUR OWN GOSPEL.

Please, give the rest of us a break!!!

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
Re: NOISE factor on this forum...
July 30, 2016 01:42PM
I included myself in some of the "noise" in those posts until about a week ago. I saw no reason to continue the "noise" once I was convinced the manufacturer heard it. There are multiple threads on the subject that quite frankly I am just ignoring. It would be nice to see the forum return to a more diverse place to visit. I will stand on the sidelines and wait for those threads to drop to the bottom. I saw the one header where Whites is not selling the detector in question until things are resolved. In my opinion you need to give them time to do it.
July 30, 2016 01:45PM
ncwayne Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> egomaniacal maleficent interference. EMI.

Now that's a classic !!!!
July 30, 2016 01:53PM
I've said this before, do not feed the troll. Turn up your troll discrimination and do not respond to his posts. Or get Wally to give him the bootfor the 10th time....lol
July 30, 2016 02:12PM
Wayne,

I think you are a worthy person.

Your thread here,,,needed posting.

I think your thread,,,has given information to folks.

I also think NASA Tom needs some kudos here as well.

Some things seems can be said here,,,but not in other places.

I have made comments here about this issue I think you are referring.

I have made recommendations too.

The good, the bad,,the ugly,,,all needs to be talked about when it comes to detecting.

As far as this NOISE goes,,,in the end if it makes this particular manufacturer and or this particular detector better--- worth every ounce of effort

Folks do need to make their comments both clear,,meaningful,,and without bias.

I can say here without reservation,,,if any other manufacturer does something similar,,,I will be right there giving my 2cents worth.

I have said this before here in a few places.

I want all detector manufacturers to be successful and make some great equipment.
July 30, 2016 02:32PM
Wayne,

I agree with you. There is a fine line between providing constructive criticism when a manufacturer makes a mistake, and outright bashing. Some whose name I won't mention, don't even have a dog in this fight (they don't own the machine in question), yet keep beating a dead horse in a pathetic attempt at self-relevance and try to justify their continued "noise making" under the guise of providing a public service. Perhaps they are trying to add another notch to their ban count?

Any married man should forget his mistakes - there's no point in two people remembering the same thing...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2016 02:34PM by Rudy.
July 30, 2016 03:24PM
Rudy Wrote:
> Wayne,
>
> I agree with you. There is a fine line between
> providing constructive criticism when a
> manufacturer makes a mistake, and outright
> bashing. Some whose name I won't mention, don't
> even have a dog in this fight (they don't own the
> machine in question
), yet keep beating a dead
> horse
in a pathetic attempt at self-relevance and
> try to justify their continued "noise making"
> under the guise of providing a public service.
> Perhaps they are trying to add another notch to
> their ban count?

As I highlighted Rudy,White's has made many mistakes with this machine and how they have handled the problems they created. Do you think an owner of this machine should have priority over all discussion of issues in regards to this machine and how the consumer has been treated and will be treated ?
July 30, 2016 03:49PM
Well the word bashing,,,I think folks know what it means.

But I also think folks expect a manufacturer and the manufacturer's reps to be the end all, say all when it comes to issues they are part of and addressing.

This has not happened here,,really,,,I mean how many days went by,,and now the rep here admits the modulation portions it seems needs work, etc.

It does look like they have halted production,,,so maybe now they can regroup, reassess,,and give some worthy info on exactly what is happening,,and how they plan on getting worthy detectors into the hands of their customers.

This comment here I'm about to say is more off topic here,,,but meaningful nonetheless,,,is it for an investigator of fraud,,,for the investigator to have actually bought or to have the equipment in question??? I don't think so.

I think any person with any commonsense from a business standpoint can actually make some very good observations,,and or recommendations based on heir entire knowledge of others uses and experiences of any one piece of equipment.

Now,,as long as the person is up front maybe they don't own the equipment,,this may be helpful to folks who are reading,,,but this not owning in itself not a sole reason to disqualify one's remarks or recommendations.

I have been saying,,concerning this issue here with this detector,,,where are the metrics,,,and or the story behind it--- we've never seen or heard.

An example of what folks more than likely would have like to have seen posted by a manufacturer's rep.

We have tested xxx machines out of xxx lots and seen the following.

We before sending to a customer who has indeed sent us a so called defective detector,,,we on a case by case looked in depth at their detector to see what was complained about,,,and the replacement detector was checked for the same possible faults before shipping to customer.

As far as face plates go,,,the newer material faceplates have been installed originally at the factory with serial number batch xxxx,,,and ser number batches having this prefix or bigger number in the prefix have the better faceplates,,,also if a owner will look,,,we marked the better faceplates in a non conspicuous place doing the following xxx.

As far as our company website goes,,,any all all customers who feel their detector is not up to snuff,,,we have incorporated a section specifically designed where you can address us with your questions,,concerns,,,just remember,,,Folks at White's will see your info,,maybe not answer every question,,,but your posted info will be used in the big picture to insure we satisfy our customers-- our number one priority.

Also,,we should note,,,we do have manufacturer's reps perusing the different metal detecting forums,,,conversing,,,and giving insight and directing them to our site,,,so we can really get a good bird's eye look at our problem with this detector.

---------------------------------------------------------------

This process overall does take some work,,,but good work usually pays huge dividends.
July 30, 2016 03:56PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> Well the word bashing,,,I think folks know what it
> means.
>
> But I also think folks expect a manufacturer and
> the manufacturer's reps to be the end all, say all
> when it comes to issues they are part of and
> addressing.
>

Well, if it is not bashing then, what would you call the subject title of the following thread?

"White's caught ripping off consumers with MX Sport"

Maybe it is not bashing and it is simply libelous?

Any married man should forget his mistakes - there's no point in two people remembering the same thing...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2016 03:56PM by Rudy.
July 30, 2016 04:05PM
Rudy Wrote:
> tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Well the word bashing,,,I think folks know what
> it
> > means.
> >
> > But I also think folks expect a manufacturer
> and
> > the manufacturer's reps to be the end all, say
> all
> > when it comes to issues they are part of and
> > addressing.
> >
>
> Well, if it is not bashing then, what would you
> call the subject title of the following thread?
>
> "White's caught ripping off consumers with MX
> Sport"
>
> Maybe it is not bashing and it is simply libelous?

I don't know Rudy,,but what is one to think,,,the rep here in this thread does admit there are problems.

Now if customers who buy are told of these problems and they still purchase-- that is their business.

But to not publically admit these shortfalls,,even on their own forum,,,what would you call it???

I can look around in the dictionary,,and find a few words,,,like deception,,secretive,,hiding,,misleading,,dishonest, etc.

I am not going to use one or any of these words,,,just say something isn't right here.

I should point out,,,I could be mistaken,,I know you have been detecting far longer than myself,,and been on metal detecting forums far longer.

I do notice the White's rep posting here,,,as well as FM forum,,as well as the Frinedly forum.

It shouldn't have took this episode IMO for them to become communicators here in these different venues,,,but this here I'm talking about,,seems is not a total loss.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2016 04:06PM by tnsharpshooter.
July 30, 2016 04:15PM
Rudy Wrote:

>
> Well, if it is not bashing then, what would you
> call the subject title of the following thread "White's caught ripping off consumers with MX
> Sport"
>
> Maybe it is not bashing and it is simply libelous?
----------------------------------------------------------------

What would be a good term for what you are doing Rudy by posting - "White's caught ripping off consumers with MX
> Sport" without giving reference to the source--

Kemper94 [ PM ]
White's caught ripping off consumers with MX Sport
July 29, 2016 03:20PM
It is what it is. White's has been caught ripping off consumers by not notifying the purchasers of the MX Sport of the operational and faceplate problems this machine has and has had since it's introduction.

Quit ripping off my comments to suit your agenda.
July 30, 2016 04:18PM
Sheesh!! Well, I tried...

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
July 30, 2016 04:21PM
Well like I said before there are always one or two who want to be the boss or king of forum. That's why I spend most of My time on Facebook as over there they post a find and you can comment or not.No long winded post that make a person sound smarter then they are.
July 30, 2016 04:31PM
ncwayne Wrote:
> Sheesh!! Well, I tried...

Yes you did Wayne and I thank you for it!
July 30, 2016 05:05PM
You did Wayne. Thanks.

As I am not in the habit of feeding Trolls, I will abstain from responding to certain members here.

July 30, 2016 05:40PM
Is this about the 20 threads about whites mx sport? What's the deal with that?

Nox600, CTX, CZ21, Excal II and White's DF with 920i stealthscoop...I live and hunt at the beach in Wilm NCsmiling smiley
July 30, 2016 06:21PM
adamBomb Wrote:
> Is this about the 20 threads about whites mx
> sport? What's the deal with that?

I think we are past the point of White's admitting,in their own way, they never had a machine worthy of sale to the public. Some die-hard White's fans are having a hard time digesting what has taken place and that is understandable. Other forums tried to protect White's handling of the situation by locking threads and singing the " they'll get it worked out " tune while not showing any concern for those that haven't noticed the problems with the machine yet.

We are at the point of compensating those that purchased the machine and minimizing their down time and/or ability to hunt because of a defective machine. There are people that are calling for the limiting of discussions and banning. Those people ,like White's, have lost the battle of downplaying the issues surrounding the MX Sport.

If they don't use their forums to help their fellow detectorists get compensated ,in the same degree they used their forums to protect White's, it will look bad on them. They will either be silent on the issue or try to divert attention by coming here and attacking members.

If we keep the " noise " going our fellow detectorists may get compensated. It may have been the " noise " that caused White's to admit, in their own way, the Mx Sport was not worthy of sales to the public.
July 30, 2016 07:31PM
This topic has been covered to death. The nice way to end it has been tried. What a shame.

I stood behind those that felt they needed the voice of the forum to make themselves heard. Now it turned into drama queens. Get the hell over it.

And in my opinion that statement about Whites was definitely pushing the limits of seeing a lawyer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2016 07:42PM by goodmore.
July 31, 2016 01:21PM
It's like what your mom used to say - ignore them and they will get bored and leave you alone.
July 31, 2016 02:59PM
Words...lots and lots of words.
July 31, 2016 03:26PM
what a laugh those people that point out "don't even have a dog in this fight (they don't own the machine in question)" -

I remember the very same people sinking the boot into Makro before the release of their Racer -

You know what they say about really old people and memories - Maybe this is karma smiling smiley

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
July 31, 2016 04:34PM
rustic charm Wrote:
> what a laugh those people that point out "don't
> machine in question)" -
>
> I remember the very same people sinking the boot
> into Makro before the release of their Racer -
>
> You know what they say about really old people and
> memories - Maybe this is karma smiling smiley

Sounds like you are still upset because you (Sycotoad) was banned from FMDF. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2016 04:35PM by Rudy.
July 31, 2016 05:16PM
rustic charm Wrote:
>
Makro's are a mighty fine machine, I like the Fors Core too but I am waiting to see that new one they have coming out, Good folks to deal with,

John.
July 31, 2016 05:27PM
rustic charm Wrote:
>
>
> You know what they say about really old people and
> memories - Maybe this is karma smiling smiley

Have to admit it's ironic isn't it...
August 01, 2016 12:40AM
Suek Wrote:
> It's like what your mom used to say - ignore them
> and they will get bored and leave you alone.

I didn't know we had a lady in the house. Maybe some should watch their language. You should post more. Metal detecting is fun when you don't get overly technical and --
[www.youtube.com]
August 01, 2016 01:10AM
Rudy Wrote:
> rustic charm Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > what a laugh those people that point out "don't
> > even have a dog in this fight (they don't own
> the
> > machine in question)" -
> >
> > I remember the very same people sinking the
> boot
> > into Makro before the release of their Racer -
> >
> > You know what they say about really old people
> and
> > memories - Maybe this is karma smiling smiley
>
>
> Sounds like you are still upset because you
> (Sycotoad) was banned from FMDF. smiling smiley

I am not upset about anything on FMDF asides from the hypocrisy - but thank you anyway winking smiley

[www.earthscan.co.nz]