Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CTX, Deus, Racer 2 hunts

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CTX, Deus, Racer 2 hunts
July 30, 2016 05:26PM
Was detecting an old home site a few days ago,,,trying to detect in between all this horrendous rain of late,,using Racer 2 small coil.

A local,gent stopped to talk to me and mentioned what he thought was an old home site--- he does detect btw,,White's xlt stock coil.

Any way I packed up with Racer 2 and small coil and detected this site.

I did find a few finds,,,site loaded with nails and it seems a load of horseshoes.

Well,,I actually went back 2 more times and took both the Deus with 9" coil and CTX with stock coil.

Did make a few more finds.

I honestly don't know of this was a barn site or an old home site.

I spoke again with the same gent,,,and he doesn't know for sure or not either.

One note here,,the CTX what few finds I did make with it,,,screen info (terrible),,, just dug based on hearing tone,,and yep the nonferrous was there.

Would like to hunt this site some more later,,when the ground is a bit drier.

All fine detectors btw.
Love them all,,CTX does get heavy though...

Thanks for looking.

Re: CTX, Deus, Racer 2 hunts
July 30, 2016 05:39PM
Cool, you certainly had the right gear and you got some great old finds, Keep em coming, lets hope the weather stay good so you can get back out there,

John.
July 30, 2016 05:43PM
John,
I am due to the season,,site restricted,,,,this particular spot a close cut hayfield currently,,,so I gave it a go.

Poor ole Tn here,,one never knows what or how much you will find.

Pot luck big time,,,but fun to try nonetheless.
July 30, 2016 05:53PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> John,
> I am due to the season,,site restricted,,,,this
> particular spot a close cut hayfield
> currently,,,so I gave it a go.
>
> Poor ole Tn here,,one never knows what or how much
> you will find.
>
> Pot luck big time,,,but fun to try nonetheless.

I know what you mean, My Sites are under crops at the moment and I have at leased another month to go,

Once the surface water dries up at your site it will liven things up once the water sinks deeper, PI's don't like it but VLFs do,

I lost one site because some idiots went in there and left it looking like a bomb site, Which is bad because I found some good things there and bad for the hobby.

John.