Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Blisstoll / False Depth Claims. Y-Tube

Posted by relicstevemd 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Blisstoll / False Depth Claims. Y-Tube
July 30, 2016 09:30PM
I went hunting today in hot summer heat here in V.A. with my DMC-2B and owners of both V-5 , V-6. both know there machines very good. The soil was nice sandy and hard hit camp. The Blisstoll user had big problem with EMI lines or other things . I had my DMC2B ran max depth and found few super deep targets that gave clear high tone. Both V-5 , V-6 first did not get target since both lower there Sen level to stop all false signals and turned there so call "Turbo Mode" off. Once the Blisstool user set there Sen at high settings and with Turbo Mode on they could get target, but both Blisstoll user admitted they could hunt or find the targets mixed in with all the EMI and would either not heard target or false reading or dug it. Both user Blisstool models said the machines need full remake over the make more stable, less EMI and true all metal motion mode you can use. The Blisstoll have to fast Auto tune built in all modes that both Disc mode and threshold to hear and super deep target like DMC2B. The Blisstoll user say sadly that many Y-Tube are misleading many of the settings cant be used in real site hunting . In fact if don't set all controls in perfectly to each others you will nor get super depth but super unstable feedback. Blisstoll makers and those whom sale it claim it easy machine to learn are not being honest. The Blisstoll is not for new hunters getting there feet wet to say. There one Blisstoll V-6 owner /using claiming deep finds in his own front yard other brands have missed, but all finds made clearing, tress, thickets , bush's??? Im sure other brands would found them. So Blisstoll may be good relics machines as my friends say if made changes , so far the folks at Blisstoll not improvement in future. Steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2016 05:04AM by relicstevemd.
Re: Blisstoll / False Depth Claims. Y-Tube
July 30, 2016 09:46PM
I never had a Blisstoll but have used Nauty's off and on for about 12 years and in "My Ground" which is Moderate to Mild they are awesome on those deep Injuns and V- Nickels! Doing a Whites Rod conversion as We speak and when it cools down will be taking that Baby out looking for more deeeeep coins!
July 30, 2016 09:56PM
Juat a few thoughts based on my use,,and my reading of some info I consider more trusted sources.

What were the soil mineral levels at the site where you compared???

EMI,,it is very possible nautilus handles EMI better,,,I can't say cause I have never used one.

Also,,I do agree some settings especially disc depth setting,,,these can be what I call manipulated -- meaning set to settings I would never even consider using to hunt.
And yes some (apparent depth) can be gotten from using.

Just based on what you stated above,,I would tend to beleive the soil minerals not very high,,,,cause it would be ( based on my experiences ) to run sens setting any higher than 2 and do any good whatsoever-- meaning gain any depth advantage,,actually less or lose or compromise signal altogether.

You will see for example Blisstool V6 run in Florida with high gain settings,,,like 6 ,7, or 8.
Mild soil!!!!

Here in my area,,,this ain't happening.

I also don't know how well the nautilus separates in and around iron...
Blisstool V6 not bad at doing this,,,are there better detectors for separation ?? Yes
But I need to clarify here on the separation,,,Blisstool V6 with 7x9" coil does pass some of what I call hard test,,3D test nails above coin,,even clad dime.

Thanks for sharing again.

Maybe you can get into some more different areas and compare once again,,,and give feedback here.

I love to read other folks experiences.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2016 10:23PM by tnsharpshooter.
July 30, 2016 10:47PM
If any VLF was ever deeper than a Nautilus in DMC mode It would be a deep unit..Especially in that soil your talking about..usually nothing will touch a DMC 2b..

You also have to remember the Nautilus all metal channel usually only runs the gain at about 2...I've seen it in good soil get up to like 3 or 4 gain and my goodness..
still the deepest VLF I've even ran

That's why Troy said the only way to get any more depth was to go to DMC..Dual Mode Concept..on his Shadow machines..

I dug a G.A.R. I.D. disc once out of a camp with Veterans name on it ....with the DMC 2B..it was the size of a big penny..we had been over and over that spot for years...I got that sweet mellow round threshold rise with just the slightest ping in the middle and no lie it was deeper than I will state...but I know where it was at because the soil was green around it when i got to it...

Still never dug anything that deep that size before or since...

If the machine doesn't blow back in your soil its Crazy deep..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
July 30, 2016 11:52PM
The ground we hunted was nice and sandy soil . The Blisstoll usersI hunted with had Sen set right on the V-5 you can ran high 8 plus but V-6 much lower and most power. Most power built into V-6 is not usable and but super unstable .you hear talk about the V-6 "Iron Mode' super unstable All-metal mode to much Sat built in to it . The DMC2B I never had issues with since metal box Vs plastic on Blisstoll. In good soil the DMC2B is still the King with Dual Mode Tone and Super stable All-Metal you can hear targets not other can hear . The DMC2b is still the only machine that coil matched and turned each time you hunt to get max depth and stable operation!!!!!
July 31, 2016 12:35AM
I have always fancied trying a Nauti DMC2B for hoard hunting here in the UK,our soil is not as bad as the VA soil infact i would say ours is very mild,if i want depth from say a VLF machine or a PI i use either the Nexus Standard SE with dual 9'' coil or the TDI Pro with the 20'' Sierra Grande Mono coil on.Both these machines are about as deep as i want too dig anyway,

You will always find that loyal users of certain brands of detectors will shout from the rooftops that each other machines are the deepest and i guess it will always be like that,fishing and detecting have alot in common regarding 'how deep' and 'how big' claims winking smiley
July 31, 2016 02:48AM
I'm.not brand loyal but if I'm going deep coin hunting one of 3 Detectors will be in my trunk. A Etrac,CZ-3D or a Nautilus IIBa. Nuff said.
July 31, 2016 03:33AM
I have been Relic Hunting here in V.A. The top models use here in V.A in good soil in DMC2B hand down with MXT next. In Hot Ground TDI.GPX. Steve