Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ-3D versus F75 Ltd versus Etrac......

Posted by fisher cz-3d 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ-3D versus F75 Ltd versus Etrac......
January 24, 2011 02:20AM
Someone describe to me the difference between these detectors...... Do they have the same depth? Are the coils different?......... and how does the Etrac compare? I have read CZ-3D is best?? I'm wanting a newer machine any suggestions please......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2011 02:21AM by fisher cz-3d.
Re: CZ-3D versus F75 Ltd versus Etrac......
January 24, 2011 03:34AM
What are you using now.
What type of soil do you have .
What type of sites do you hunt the most.
Thy all have there own style.
January 24, 2011 05:03AM
I thought from your screen name you already had a 3D
January 24, 2011 09:09PM
My money is on the CZ for iron soil hot rock hell, west of the Rockies and black sand beaches hands down! I use the Gold Bug SE, F75 and an assortment of CZ units.
The CZ's and the old Compass Gold Scanners work the best, PI machines aside.

HH

FoilFinder
January 24, 2011 09:19PM
I use the CZ-3D
January 25, 2011 12:20AM
If you are a relic hunter......go with the F75 Special Edition. If you beach, relic and coin hunt...........go with the CZ-3D. If you live in heavy mineralization......go with the Explorer/E-Trac.
January 25, 2011 08:21AM
Tom, I was always under the impression the Minelabs had a slower cpu and nulled over iron blacksand, suffering in depth and target masking as a result.
Perhaps the Etrac is better, I've never seen them here on the beaches or in the prospecting circles. The CZ's really do perform wonders in this ultramafic sand we have here. The TDI is in an altogether different league though, it's a wild one for depth on smaller conductives.

HH

FoilFinder

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2011 08:27AM by FoilFinder.
January 25, 2011 12:59PM
Does the CZ-3D work well in wet sand as well as dry? How about with micro jewelry?
January 25, 2011 01:19PM
CZ3D works great in wet and dry sand. In the wet ( if salt conditions), just run it in Salt mode. In the dry, you can run it either way, but in Enhanced ( if you can use it in that mode based on the sand conditions) it will be better at small gold but also bring some trash into the high tone category.

For micro jewelry hunting, there are better units ( the higher, single frequency models), but they probably will not work too well in the wet sand if it's salty.

For beach hunting, CZ's are one of the best in my book for VLF units.
January 25, 2011 08:23PM
CZ's fail on micro-jewelry...........but are one of the best for wet salt sand...........and also dry sand.

The Minelabs are slow timing processors; yet, are quite good in bad dirt.......especially the red lateritic clays.
January 25, 2011 09:35PM
What is a good salt / fresh water detector..... I want to stay with the Fisher line..... one that I can get wet.... Thank You.
January 26, 2011 12:21AM
CZ-70 is splashproof. CZ-20 is waterproof to 250-feet. You would need to buy new 'old-stock'.......or used......as they are no longer in production.
February 02, 2011 03:55PM
Tom, does/can Fisher do repair work of CZ-70 ???
February 02, 2011 04:03PM
I just sent my CZ 70 Pro to FISHER last year for calibration only and Daniel took care of it and works great. Before I sent to them I sent it to guy (who supposedly to be better than FISHER) and had it for 6 months and it didnt work any better when I got it back. Lesson learned: always send a product back to the manufactuer for repair.
Aaron

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2011 04:39PM by Aaron.
February 02, 2011 11:38PM
Yes....and if you are the original owner......it should still have lifetime warranty.