Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Gold Bug Pro review

Posted by gman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Gold Bug Pro review
January 26, 2011 10:26AM
Lost Treasure on Line just but out a review of the GB Pro hunting nuggets in AZ.
Re: Gold Bug Pro review
January 26, 2011 05:08PM
That is good. I corresponded with Chris last year and have been waiting for his review to be published but I thought it was going to come out in W&ET.

Good to see it out.
HH
Mike
January 27, 2011 11:20PM
Maybe I am too cynical but I really don't put much face in any of the treasure magazines anymore. Every single detector they review is the greatest thing since sliced bread but actual results always seem to be completely different. Tom and his website along with our little forum here are the only things I believe anymore.
January 28, 2011 06:47AM
I would rather read this forum then that magazine

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
January 28, 2011 11:33AM
I will read magazines, and forums, to see the feature set on any given detector , and will read between the lines about the performance ...... Anytime you have an advertisement driven forum or magazine , you have to expect slanted reviews ..... You can surely tell how the magazines and forums operate when you find a "glowing " problem , and if it draws too much attention it gets silenced ..... Think about the reviews that you have read ...... 98% of the review makes the detector look great !!.....and then they quickly comment on one minor issue , and quickly make an excuse for it to make is even LESS of an issue ..... What I don't understand is why things are not just made RIGHT the first time ? ........One of the things that I was tought early on in my childhood , was from my father telling me , "It takes just as long to do something RIGHT , as it does to do something WRONG " .......He passed on a few years ago, but he's always with me every day that I breath .....

This forum is a great place to be able t speak out without being silenced ..... and for that I am grateful !!.....Jim
January 28, 2011 03:02PM
I agree , just put it out there for a read.
Then you make the call.
January 28, 2011 03:08PM
gman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I agree , just put it out there for a read.
> Then you make the call.

I have no problem with the review and rarely have problems with any reviewer.

People have to learn how to read reviews as a badmouthing review is not going to get published anyway. All reviewers however seem to drop any comments on the bad side and focus on the good side. Also there is depth examples that is there for a reason.

Personally I like to read reviews, I have learned how to read them and i like Andy Sabishes reviews.

With this GB review it really comes out clear that the detector is good.
January 28, 2011 03:18PM
I'll read it if it is online. I had a sub to Lost Treasure magazine. I found it to be near completely useless to me. I get W&ET now and it is some better. American Digger magazine is more suited for me... but I like W&ET for the general detecting and reviews.

Julien
January 28, 2011 07:32PM
the reasoning is, it is very expensive to bring product to market...it's a "money" game!
doesn't pass the smell test!..can't be objective,and move the product!.i abhor this attitude,and it is the main reason
i am a frequent visitor to this site!..nasa tom speaks honestly,AND fearlessly about equipment!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
January 28, 2011 07:36PM
i enjoy w&e..like the articles about "found" stuff!
years ago,a mag was published out of california called "treasure found!"
older hunters will remember it!..outrageously good!..nothin' but finds in it!
can't believe it "croaked!"..wish it was published again!..loved it!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
January 29, 2011 12:50PM
That is a good review! Thanks for the post!!

Bart Davis,
[www.BigBoysHobbies.net]
Authorized Minelab, Garrett, Fisher and Teknetics Dealer
January 30, 2011 01:12AM
I purchased the Lost Treasure issue with that review and don't have a problem with it. Chris Gholson really knows his stuff and is a minelab dealer and user through and through. He has earned his stripes in the world of top notch nugget hunters, and I have never heard a bad word uttered about him. That he is providing us his expertise and opinion on a machine that meets the demands of the mid-price customer base is applaudable. Many of us cannot afford $5,000.00 for a GPX 5000, and he probably realizes this but still did the review. It sounds like the GB Pro is a winner.

Regards,

Jeff