Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

A published Fors Relic Field test from across the pond

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
A published Fors Relic Field test from across the pond
August 18, 2016 10:55PM
I like where he show the trash targets as he call's them ..

Over here in the States those are the Goodies LOL..

[noktadetectors.com]

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2016 11:53PM by Keith Southern.
Re: A published Fors Relic Field test from across the pond
August 18, 2016 11:08PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like where he show the trash targets as he
> call's them ..
>
> Over here in on the States those are the Goodies
> LOL..
>
> [noktadetectors.com]
> s-relic-v2.pdf
>
> Keith

Yes sir. One mans trash is another mans treasure. If I came home with a trash pouch filled with that I reckon I'd drink a couple cold brewskies to celebrate. Wouldn't it be nice to have a few more thousand years of history to dig.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2016 11:13PM by Bill long.
August 19, 2016 12:30AM
His comments on sensitivity setting,,,,sure mirror mine I posted a few days ago.

A no nonsense performer in the iron and nails.

Op using one for the first few times in what they think are dead sites--- eyebrows will be raised more than a few times,,,,,small coil will definitely do this.
August 19, 2016 01:36AM
Seemingly/according to him = no big deal -- just some roman brooches, medieval stuff, hammer coins, edward the 1st coins, etc (as I sit here almost drooling)! grinning smiley
August 19, 2016 01:41AM
I was talking about his quoted TRASH in the shovel Wayne LOL...

Big Tombacs and such..LOL!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
August 19, 2016 02:59AM
I live and detect solely in the UK,and i guess we take for granted our 'rich deep history' going back 1000s of year,over the years that i have been detecting must have thrown no end of roman grotty coins as we call them away,we are talking about coins upto 2000 years old,basically so badly corroded and worth nothing,also military buttons on some fields you can find 100s of them,not because of say a battle or anything like that,after WW2 the government had millions of used uniforms,what do you use them for after war ?? alot was given too farmers to throw on the land so they rotted in the ground to make compost but these of course still had buttons and some badges attached to the uniforms,hence material rotted away leaving millions of buttons etc the term often used is 'Shoddy'.
August 19, 2016 01:15PM
Thanks for the link, Keith. Seems to be a fair and proper field test with an excellent result.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
August 19, 2016 01:53PM
Thanks Keith for the link,

Not a bad report at all. But On the Items he Air tested it seems a bit weak, I tested Ole Faithful and I got much more distance than He did,

Keith, We are going to have to get you Sorted out with some of this Older Stuff So you can Give em a real workout, Coz some of these Coins are really Tiny and most of them will give the same VDI of Pull Tabs,

Someone Stole my collection but I will see what I can do Ok, No promises but I will have a good sort out for Ya, Ok.

John.
August 19, 2016 03:32PM
I'm hoping the impact has a little of everything in it so I can just have a machine that covers all of my needs. But I don't know if it can out due the deus worth waiting for to find out. I would think the company has been looking at what is selling and what we like and want and need and maybe making updates and changes to blow our socks off and give the deus a run for the money.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
August 19, 2016 05:18PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
> I'm hoping the impact has a little of everything
> in it so I can just have a machine that covers all
> of my needs. But I don't know if it can out due
> the deus worth waiting for to find out. I would
> think the company has been looking at what is
> selling and what we like and want and need and
> maybe making updates and changes to blow our socks
> off and give the deus a run for the money.

The Relic is like a few machines out there all you need to do is pick one that suits your needs, According to their test results on Items that I have here I am still in front depth wise and I have all the features I need except manual GB and I am not sure I need that yet ?.

John.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2016 05:19PM by auminesweeper.
August 19, 2016 06:52PM
auminesweeper Wrote:
> Lawrenzo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I'm hoping the impact has a little of
> everything
> > in it so I can just have a machine that covers
> all
> > of my needs. But I don't know if it can out due
> > the deus worth waiting for to find out. I would
> > think the company has been looking at what is
> > selling and what we like and want and need and
> > maybe making updates and changes to blow our
> socks
> > off and give the deus a run for the money.
>
> The Relic is like a few machines out there all you
> need to do is pick one that suits your needs,
> According to their test results on Items that I
> have here I am still in front depth wise and I
> have all the features I need except manual GB and
> I am not sure I need that yet ?.
>
> John.

As long as you are satisfied is all that matters.

But if you get a chance to be around a Nokta relic and you using your MXT with small coil,,,in an old site loaded with iron--- brace yourself,,,all I will say.
August 19, 2016 07:26PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> auminesweeper Wrote:
> -----
> > Lawrenzo Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I'm hoping the impact has a little of
> > everything
> > > in it so I can just have a machine that
> covers
> > all
> > > of my needs. But I don't know if it can out
> due
> > > the deus worth waiting for to find out. I
> would
> > > think the company has been looking at what is
> > > selling and what we like and want and need
> and
> > > maybe making updates and changes to blow our
> > socks
> > > off and give the deus a run for the money.
> >
> > The Relic is like a few machines out there all
> you
> > need to do is pick one that suits your needs,
> > According to their test results on Items that I
> > have here I am still in front depth wise and I
> > have all the features I need except manual GB
> and
> > I am not sure I need that yet ?.
> >
> > John.
>
>
> As long as you are satisfied is all that matters.
>
> But if you get a chance to be around a Nokta relic
> and you using your MXT with small coil,,,in an old
> site loaded with iron--- brace yourself,,,all I
> will say.

smiling smiley Yeah----There's a reason why a lot of our guys have moved away from the MXT & into Nokta/Makro-----"all that I will say"winking smiley
August 19, 2016 08:04PM
MXT is a fine Relic machine for sure..

and with the small 4x6 is a force to be reckoned with...

the Relic will see stuff the MXT does not but also Vice Versa..

there both tools and you will get out of them what you put into them..

The MakNok's are are easier to get results with than other units because the machine does the work for you but also the other unit slike MXT or AT PRo Or DEUS or DTVg Tejons etc will also get the goods...Even The DEUS does most fo the work for you..

The thing is the MakNoks can make a Novice compete with a Pro on very equal grounds right out of the box..

I actually think the Tejon will get the most goods of any unit made...but its single tone ...I wish I could find a dual tone unmask like a Tejon..

Its not easy to say one machine is better than the other..because you don't know who's running the other machine...MXT and others in skilled hands will seriously deplete a site..especially deepwoods site with exploratory target removal.

The relic just makes it easy to get results..and someone who really knows how to push the limits of a unit from using the others from countless hours on in will see even more results out of a Relic..

there all tools..

au..the Relic airtest very deep by the way ..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
August 19, 2016 08:34PM
Ya know I have dug targets left behind XP's Explorers Etracs and F75s Gold Bugs, There is a Good reason why I have stuck with each model of the MXTs and on that test report I have an average depth advantage on the same Items of at leased 2 to 4 inches and then some,

If one of you Guys has one grab a Zippo Lighter and Air Test it, Or a Small Men's 9ct Gold Ring Or an 1881 Morgan Silver Dollar,

There was a Reason for Keith posting the other day saying that the MXT is the best All Round Do It All Detector, If a person learns the MXT and then learns how to unmask targets with it then nothing will match it, Some will come real close, But they won't beat it.

Too many folks they say that the MXT is Chatty yet it seems to be the direction that all Companies are moving in, Yet my MXT will see bits/Nuggets weighing 0.00019 ozt and smaller or less than 0.09 grains,

My Test sites have 4500 years of junk in them, Not to mention all the Crap that a certain Bloke with a Charlie Chaplin moustache Dumped on this Country for 6 years by the Plane Load and to this day I am still digging up his Crap.

I can do recovery tests with coins that are less than 3/8" apart and I have videos of it picking out a Quarter surrounded by Steel and Nails and it hits the coin no matter what the sweep speed using the standard 10" DD Coil it hits the Coin Every time.

With the MXT you can either swing and Beep or you can use it surgically and remove anything that is in the Ground and I would go as far to say that 95 to 98% of owners don't know how to turn it Loose.

I have nothing against the Relic because when I have a few other projects out of the Way I will be Buying One and the Gold Plus, The MXT is not under Threat from any VLF on the market as of Yet.

John.
August 19, 2016 08:49PM
I hunt with primarily the Deus, Relic and Tejon and the tejon has found me more goods even going back over the same areas hit with the deus and relic. I pounder one area that must have been a camp of some sorts, area was about 20 ft by 15 feet and the Relic with the 5 X 10 dd coil found me 2 indians, pocket watch and several relics and non ferous items. Went back over the same small patch with the deus and found some early buttons and silver ware the relic miss ed d, not sure how. Then took the tejon over it and found a horse shoe, 2 seated dimes and one v nickel that the other two missed go figure. Will never be without my tesoros for the iron nails.
August 19, 2016 10:00PM
Welgund Wrote:
> I hunt with primarily the Deus, Relic and Tejon
> and the tejon has found me more goods even going
> back over the same areas hit with the deus and
> relic. I pounder one area that must have been a
> camp of some sorts, area was about 20 ft by 15
> feet and the Relic with the 5 X 10 dd coil found
> me 2 indians, pocket watch and several relics and
> non ferous items. Went back over the same small
> patch with the deus and found some early buttons
> and silver ware the relic miss ed d, not sure how.
> Then took the tejon over it and found a horse
> shoe, 2 seated dimes and one v nickel that the
> other two missed go figure. Will never be without
> my tesoros for the iron nails.

Ya know with any of these machines whether it is the Relic or the Tesoro's or the MXT's or what ever other brands the you want to throw in to the mix, When such machines are put in to skilled hands the final results when it comes to finds is more down to luck, I have more than 5000 hours invested in to the MXT and around 2000 Hours spent Testing them, I don't see other machines as a threat, I did the first week but I had the Gold at Home so I knew that I had something special going on and I Clicked with that machine and the World Turned and it's been spinning ever since.

I decided to stay with the MXT's because of my success Rate with them, How can you not love a machine that finds 3 lots of Gold in the first sweep of the Coil at a Test Site used by a Major Company for 42 years that has seen every Detector ever made and I found more in the first couple of weeks than I did in the previous 6 years, If my finds rate goes up any higher I will need another 2 life times to dig em up, Not Once have I ever been Skunked, I go out to have fun and look forward to the finds but really it is the enjoyment of being out there and good company and Whites give me all that I have asked for.

John..

John
August 20, 2016 12:29AM
auminesweeper Wrote:
> Welgund Wrote:
> -----
> > I hunt with primarily the Deus, Relic and Tejon
> > and the tejon has found me more goods even
> going
> > back over the same areas hit with the deus and
> > relic. I pounder one area that must have been
> a
> > camp of some sorts, area was about 20 ft by 15
> > feet and the Relic with the 5 X 10 dd coil
> found
> > me 2 indians, pocket watch and several relics
> and
> > non ferous items. Went back over the same
> small
> > patch with the deus and found some early
> buttons
> > and silver ware the relic miss ed d, not sure
> how.
> > Then took the tejon over it and found a horse
> > shoe, 2 seated dimes and one v nickel that the
> > other two missed go figure. Will never be
> without
> > my tesoros for the iron nails.
>
> Ya know with any of these machines whether it is
> the Relic or the Tesoro's or the MXT's or what
> ever other brands the you want to throw in to the
> mix, When such machines are put in to skilled
> hands the final results when it comes to finds is
> more down to luck, I have more than 5000 hours
> invested in to the MXT and around 2000 Hours spent
> Testing them, I don't see other machines as a
> threat, I did the first week but I had the Gold at
> Home so I knew that I had something special going
> on and I Clicked with that machine and the World
> Turned and it's been spinning ever since.
>
> I decided to stay with the MXT's because of my
> success Rate with them, How can you not love a
> machine that finds 3 lots of Gold in the first
> sweep of the Coil at a Test Site used by a Major
> Company for 42 years that has seen every Detector
> ever made and I found more in the first couple of
> weeks than I did in the previous 6 years, If my
> finds rate goes up any higher I will need another
> 2 life times to dig em up, Not Once have I ever
> been Skunked, I go out to have fun and look
> forward to the finds but really it is the
> enjoyment of being out there and good company and
> Whites give me all that I have asked for.
>
> John..
>
> John

Whoa-----Get out the scoop shovel---QUICK!!!winking smiley
August 20, 2016 12:46AM
D&P-OR Wrote:

> Whoa-----Get out the scoop shovel---QUICK!!!winking smiley

The reason I am holding back on the Relic is because it has something the Gold + does not have and the Gold + has something the Relic does not have, And to have what my MXT has I would have to buy both, I don't know why all the features of both machines were not put in the One Model, So that is another reason why I do not take either model as being a replacement

John.
August 20, 2016 12:49AM
If I lived in Europe,,,and detected--- I would dig myself to death!!!

I wished I would have been in detecting when I lived in UK for a couple years,,oh well.
August 20, 2016 12:58AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> If I lived in Europe,,,and detected--- I would dig
> myself to death!!!
>
> I wished I would have been in detecting when I
> lived in UK for a couple years,,oh well.

Well come over if you can, we will fix you up with a place to detect for as long as you want, I got a Roman Site that has everything from Victorian to the Middle Ages to Roman Times all the way back to the Neolithic,

John.
August 20, 2016 02:13AM
Your MXT must be specially hot. The two I had, I had a 4x6, 5.3, and 13" ultimate coil for. I also have several picker gold nuggets weighing 5 to 5.5 grn, with the biggest being 13 grn that I've found panning and sluicing. The MXT wouldn't pick up any of the smaller ones unless you basically scrubbed them with the coil with any of those coils. I might have gotten 1.5 inches at the most. The only one it really responded to was the 13 grain one but it is nearly 3x the size of the others. The Relic on the other hand...those same small nuggets were more like 4 to 5 inches with the stock coil. I never tried them with the small coil though. 5 grn basically amounts to .32 grams. In gold, that is approx the size of an apple seed. For small stuff like birdshot size stuff...I've never seen a detector more sensitive than the Relic. That is why I didn't like mine.
August 20, 2016 03:43AM
Since getting the Relic my other detectors gather dust. Exactly like Keith said...easy to use and extremely effective in all areas like depth, separation,etc.
Man I wish we had a target rich environment like this guy has!

Dean
August 20, 2016 04:15AM
Yep The Relic is cranked up extra hot...it's hotter than the FG+..And not by chance either it was a Big Request from the proto's.

if they would've just added the iSAT to the all metal mode of the FR they could of done away with the FG+..

Heck If I was hunting gold I would just pick a FR over a FG+..its hits small gold better in disc..

a veteran Hunter looking for a tone machine can take the Relic and make it to some amazing things...anyone who's ran super high gain units in iron and learned how to LISTEN will blown away by the Relic...not the in your face signals there easy.. but there's the other realm that only decades of in the trenches will have adapted you to the little THINGS that can take it to the next level..No magic settings just run it wide open and listen for those sounds way down in the audio below the hits..

A new hunter can take a Relic and compete with about anyone with any unit in iron ..Just like a Veteran experienced hardcore hunter hunter can push their machine past a new hunter with a Relic in iron..BUT you will push past other units on the market in iron if your audible senses are adapted ..YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT..

basically what I'm saying ..the relic is good out of he box but if your know what to do with it LOOK OUT..Type machine you have to know you need it to appreciate it..cant read an article that tells you you need and buy it and think hey this is nice and awesome or this stinks.It Is the type unit a die hard,, hard core Hunter would love to have hanging on the shelve..

I've said it before and Ill say it again Its the only machine I really require for MY STYLE OF HUNTING..

Nothing wrong with alot of units mentioned and I like all of them and they all produce..

Imagine if you will a F-19 on steroids..

So Minesweeper not sure of your experience ..But if you hunted for a couple of decades and dissected iron days in and out for ever and wanted something more this will be a unit you were after a couple decades ago...In the mId 90s I was looking for a machine like this and was using gold machine in single tone to do it..now we have the dual tone and even 3 tone on this unit and a whole lot more to ..

this is like those decade old T2's and such done right for iron..competing with LOBO and Gold scanners tejons old bandidos etc in iron and such but aslo like a T2 or F75 all blended together..

My next wish for this platform ((Relic 2 +)) will be dual mode..!!LOL!!

Hopefully you will try one sometime and SEE what it can do ..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
August 20, 2016 04:32AM
Did a couple signal comparisons on a couple undug targets in old site,,,comparing Nokta Relic with CTX,,both wearing smaller coils.

Targets struck with CTX,, one target was a medium sized bullet at approx 6",,,, Nokta relic sens at 70,I mask 0, id mask 0,, in 2 tone,,,,extremely good signal,,,CTX had to be pushed up to manual 25 to acquire similar strength signal.

Nokta Relic is strong performer on lead,,,my experiences so far,,,also buttons.

I still haven't dug any bird shot with mine,,a few buckshot though.

For drier ground,,,especially in the summer,,,I love it in the nasty sites,,,,don't expect to dig monster deep holes using small coil,,,yet make some interesting finds.

Should be fun this fall and winter hitting some places I've had some luck in the past with Deus and other detectors.
August 20, 2016 09:35AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> Your MXT must be specially hot. The two I had, I
> had a 4x6, 5.3, and 13" ultimate coil for. I also
> have several picker gold nuggets weighing 5 to 5.5
> grn, with the biggest being 13 grn that I've found
> panning and sluicing. The MXT wouldn't pick up
> any of the smaller ones unless you basically
> scrubbed them with the coil with any of those
> coils. I might have gotten 1.5 inches at the most.
> The only one it really responded to was the 13
> grain one but it is nearly 3x the size of the
> others. The Relic on the other hand...those same
> small nuggets were more like 4 to 5 inches with
> the stock coil. I never tried them with the small
> coil though. 5 grn basically amounts to .32 grams.
> In gold, that is approx the size of an apple
> seed. For small stuff like birdshot size
> stuff...I've never seen a detector more sensitive
> than the Relic. That is why I didn't like mine.
OK I will start a new Thread about this, Ok

John.
August 20, 2016 12:01PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> Yep The Relic is cranked up extra hot...it's
> hotter than the FG+..And not by chance either it
> was a Big Request from the proto's.
>
> if they would've just added the iSAT to the all
> metal mode of the FR they could of done away with
> the FG+..
>
> Heck If I was hunting gold I would just pick a FR
> over a FG+..its hits small gold better in disc..
>
> a veteran Hunter looking for a tone machine can
> take the Relic and make it to some amazing
> things...anyone who's ran super high gain units in
> iron and learned how to LISTEN will blown away by
> the Relic...not the in your face signals there
> easy.. but there's the other realm that only
> decades of in the trenches will have adapted you
> to the little THINGS that can take it to the next
> level..No magic settings just run it wide open and
> listen for those sounds way down in the audio
> below the hits..
>
> A new hunter can take a Relic and compete with
> about anyone with any unit in iron ..Just like a
> Veteran experienced hardcore hunter hunter can
> push their machine past a new hunter with a Relic
> in iron..BUT you will push past other units on
> the market in iron if your audible senses are
> adapted ..YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT..
>
> basically what I'm saying ..the relic is good out
> of he box but if your know what to do with it LOOK
> OUT..Type machine you have to know you need it to
> appreciate it..cant read an article that tells you
> you need and buy it and think hey this is nice and
> awesome or this stinks.It Is the type unit a die
> hard,, hard core Hunter would love to have hanging
> on the shelve..
>
> I've said it before and Ill say it again Its the
> only machine I really require for MY STYLE OF
> HUNTING..
>
> Nothing wrong with alot of units mentioned and I
> like all of them and they all produce..
>
>
> Imagine if you will a F-19 on steroids..
>
> So Minesweeper not sure of your experience ..But
> if you hunted for a couple of decades and
> dissected iron days in and out for ever and
> wanted something more this will be a unit you were
> after a couple decades ago...In the mId 90s I was
> looking for a machine like this and was using gold
> machine in single tone to do it..now we have the
> dual tone and even 3 tone on this unit and a whole
> lot more to ..
>
> this is like those decade old T2's and such done
> right for iron..competing with LOBO and Gold
> scanners tejons old bandidos etc in iron and such
> but aslo like a T2 or F75 all blended together..
>
>
> My next wish for this platform ((Relic 2 +)) will
> be dual mode..!!LOL!!
>
> Hopefully you will try one sometime and SEE what
> it can do ..
>
> Keith

I have more than a Couple of Decades invested in this hobby to say the leased, And I don't hunt Iron, I tend to Disc it out due to the fact that there is so much of it here in the Ground that you would not be able to Clean out a football field if you were at it 12 hours a day 365 days of the year, Over here it makes no sense what so ever to use the AM mode because you would never move off the spot.

The machine I use allows me to methodically go over the Ground, Are there better Machines out there ?? Most likely,,, Would they suit what I am doing ?? Maybe ?

Why don't I change brands ? Because There is Nothing on the market with such a proven Track Record and it is the most productive Machine I have used in the past 12 - 14 years,

I like the Relic But I do not understand way they never put the Isat on it,, Why mess around making 2 machines when the features could have been combined making it in to a Modern day MXT,, Because for people on a limited Budget who can only buy one machine is going to have to Sacrifice some features depending which one they buy, Why is this company putting Limits on People and forcing them to choose. If I was Building such a machine I would want it to have everything, whether people will use them or not and those are the only choices people should have to make, For those where money is no object, Now have to carry Two machines or hope they put the right one in the Truck for that days Hunt. This is one of the things that I really found annoying with the MXS, Again they had the chance to give it what people asked for and the most asked for feature was over looked and I just don't get it, Why do That, Why loose sales because of it.

Not having to Choose is what makes my machine the best All Rounder, It is like a Toolbox, And All I have to do is grab the right tool.

The Deus is a wonderful thing, But if I want rocket ship separation then Tesoro comes to mind, If I want real depth then my old 5900 Di Pro offers that or A ML GP Type machine, And If I want a Guaranty and Give my self the best overall chance then the MXT comes to mind.

The folks at Nokta are a fantastic bunch of people and they work real hard to fix things that have popped up in the past, But then they do something like this and make 2 machines causing people to have to Choose And that Is the One Thing that Has and Is Stopping me from Buying one of their Machines, Because I want to set my Limits and not have them done for Me.

The FR and the FG+ are Great machines and are very good at what they do But Something is Still missing.

John.
August 20, 2016 02:23PM
The MXT, Relic, and others are great machines. The thing I have noticed about the Relic and, perhaps, this is one of the things Keith is pointing out, is that the Relic can alert it's user to non ferrous targets in a carpet of iron so that you don't have to use any disc and, therefore, "disc out" the non ferrous as well. I don't "hunt iron" (?) either, but I hunt in iron. Lots of it! I hunt in areas (like many of us do) that is so littered with old iron that my machine sounds like a low tone machine gun every swing. Yet, the Relic, will pull you up and say, "whoa, whats that?", WITHOUT any odd tweaking to the unit. It's built that way. My other units just can't hunt these spots. They just can't recover fast enough from reporting the iron to report the non ferrous target. As for iSAT... not a big deal. Certainly not a deal breaker when considering this machine. I prospect more than anything and encounter hot ground and haven't missed the iSAT function. Perhaps, it's the purpose in which I use it- sniping bedrock in trashy areas with the small coil- iSAT not missed at all. Non issue in my mind. If the area is low in trash then the PI comes out always. I just don't understand why anyone would choose to use a VLF to prospect with UNLESS there is an abundance of trash...that's a subject for another post. Anyway, I'll stop rambling.

Dean
August 20, 2016 03:05PM
bado1 Wrote:
I just
> don't understand why anyone would choose to use a
> VLF to prospect with UNLESS there is an abundance
> of trash...that's a subject for another post.
> Anyway, I'll stop rambling.
>
> Dean

The reason to use a VLF is to avoid digging any junk targets even in less junk filled areas and another reason is there are so many types of Gold that a PI can't or won't see where as a VLF see's 99% of them, It has been recommended that a person should only use a PI as a last resort OR to go over the land after it has been done with a VLF to try and find deeper targets,

A VLF will still go deep, I was reading one of the stories where someone used the 12" Concentric at Ganes Creek AK, where they found a 1ozt nugget at 18" deep, Baring in mind that Ganes Creek is fairly mild Ground, and full of miners junk so using a VLF would have made for an easier life at such a place, There is no right and wrong, It boils down to trial and error.

I read this report and this person was finding Gold weighing 0.06 grams in Hot Aussie soil, So it must be able to do it, Which is another reason why I decided to see how low these coils could Go.

John.

[www.goldsearchaustralia.com]
August 21, 2016 02:14AM
John,
A VLF has its place in certain spots ...mine dumps, trashy creek bottoms, already disturbed ground like dredge tailings, etc. VLFs just cannot handle the mineralised ground (undisturbed) associated with gold deposits and get any depth or stability and find gold on a reliable basis. Period! I hunt gold in the SW US a couple times a week very successfully with other very successful guys in the game and nobody uses a VLF. Nada. Nobody. With all due respect, you are out of your element on this one. You can site all the incidental internet ramblings that you like. Until you get out in the gold fields and it experience it for yourself on a regular basis you wouldn't know. Just as I wouldn't know what the best machine or technique is for finding Roman coins and artifacts. You are the expert in that regard.
A PI unit is the go to prospecting unit if you want to be consistently successful. A guy can certainly find gold with a VLF especially in certain situations ( I have). Just a case of the right tool for the right job. HH.

Dean
August 21, 2016 04:00AM
I didn't realize the MXT was a micro jewelry Hunter.

Or is it???

We need Steve to come over here,,,and get involved with this discussion.

I am not a nugget Hunter,,,,wish I could.

Air test on nuggets with a Vlf,,,sorta bogus anyway really,,,,,got to have the soil added in,,,then we definitely have a more true version of what goes on.

I guess the question needs to be asked here,,,,just which Vlf detectors are capable of being even moderately stable to stable on super high mineralized ground????

Guess I'll pop over to Detector Prospector forum,,and see how many nuggets are being pulled with MXT.

A good read.

[www.detectorprospector.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2016 04:21AM by tnsharpshooter.