Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Blisstool Coils Going Bad

Posted by relicstevemd 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Blisstool Coils Going Bad
August 20, 2016 09:29PM
I have friends whom use the Blisstoll V-5, and V-6 that bottom of coils crack and lot falseing with being hit in thick brush ect There e-mail Blisstool but no return info to address theses concerns . There rumors that new coil in future will be thicker design. I came close to buy Blisstool few month ago, Im glad I did not buy . I think this one most over rated VLF and crazy Y-tube posting laughable in claims to be deeper any machine. Steve.
Re: Blisstool Coils Going Bad
August 21, 2016 12:47AM
Do you have anything to add to the forum besides secondhand negativity towards all thing Blisstool. I happen to have a V5 that is anything but hype in the raw depth department and the coils are fine so far.
August 21, 2016 01:35AM
Had the 5 and now the 6. It has a place among my other units depending on location, no cracks or what ever. Bumping it at times will chatter but I find I need to rebalance due to running to hot for conditions. Amazing how many friends of a friend I hear about...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2016 01:36AM by Tom41.
August 21, 2016 02:00AM
relicstevemd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have friends whom use the Blisstoll V-5, and V-6
> that bottom of coils crack and lot falseing with
> being hit in thick brush ect There e-mail
> Blisstool but no return info to address theses
> concerns . There rumors that new coil in future
> will be thicker design. I came close to buy
> Blisstool few month ago, Im glad I did not buy .
> I think this one most over rated VLF and crazy
> Y-tube posting laughable in claims to be deeper
> any machine. Steve.

I have a suggestion for your friends,,,if this problem truly exists.

Call the dealer in Fla,,his number is on Blisstool USA website,,and or post on their forum. Doesn't cost a penny to join.

As far as laughable videos,,,I can find those with about every detector made.

Do you have any detectors,,,you run??

By all means post about your experiences here,,,I will read,,I guarantee it.

Any hunt stories,,or finds,,,,share those too.

I have a Blisstool V6,,, my response to you here,,,not to defend Blisstool or any other manufacturer.

I just get curious when I see really your only post(s) condemning one brand of detector,,,without talking about others,,and your experiences.

Cheers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2016 02:01AM by tnsharpshooter.
August 21, 2016 03:05AM
Myself and fellow Hunters here in M.d. have been relic hunting over 30 plus years and belong biggest Oldest Relic Club NVRHA. Northern Va. Relic Hunters Club. I personal use both a White MXT, TDI and Nautilus DMC2B in good soil is un-match in depth and used by most long term seasoned relic hunters still. The Blisstoll my be good machine but as many post are true based on my close friends whom hunt Blisstoll and know there machine. The Blisstoll USA Forum mostly s dead and even my friend called last month in listen one Radio Show last month and only "Sales Pitching and when someone may ask real tough matter on stability they dance around issues. Im not her to slam any brand but ask if other Blisstoll users have same issues. My friends have E-mail directly to Blisstoll In Europe on matter posted on this page. So if You don't get issue address in modern times the P.C. and Forums at times are used to matters addressed. Steve
August 21, 2016 03:39AM
relicstevemd Wrote:
> Myself and fellow Hunters here in M.d. have been
> relic hunting over 30 plus years and belong
> biggest Oldest Relic Club NVRHA. Northern Va.
> Relic Hunters Club. I personal use both a White
> MXT, TDI and Nautilus DMC2B in good soil is
> un-match in depth and used by most long term
> seasoned relic hunters still. The Blisstoll my
> be good machine but as many post are true based on
> my close friends whom hunt Blisstoll and know
> there machine. The Blisstoll USA Forum mostly s
> dead and even my friend called last month in
> listen one Radio Show last month and only "Sales
> Pitching and when someone may ask real tough
> matter on stability they dance around issues. Im
> not her to slam any brand but ask if other
> Blisstoll users have same issues. My friends have
> E-mail directly to Blisstoll In Europe on matter
> posted on this page. So if You don't get issue
> address in modern times the P.C. and Forums at
> times are used to matters addressed. Steve

Where did your friends get their Blisstool units???

It is my understanding models V5 and V6 were soold to folks in USA by the dealer in Fla.

This is the person they need to talk to to get their issues resolved,,,the units I think do have a 3 year warranty,,,The V6 hasn't been out for 3 years,,so I think it should definitely still be under warranty.

And have your friends join here.
The more the merrier.
Some relic hunters here daily.

I like first hand information better.

Cheers.
August 21, 2016 12:36PM
I don't even own a Blisstool and your posts are annoying and seem a bit suspicious to me. I sense a not so hidden agenda and an axe to grind...since every single post you have made here has been anti Blisstool. And none of them have been first hand experience with one...always "a friend" or that you read about it someplace or seen a video. That behavior almost qualifies for slander.
August 21, 2016 04:30PM
For the record my close hunting partners both own Blisstoll and I used one myself for the record. vs brands we hunt with . The Blisstoll for the money will be great machine and out dig other models costing more. But here in M.D/ V.A us Hardcore Relic Hunters picky and honest about what hunt with to find relics. For record your claim that my post in slander has been reported forum management.
August 21, 2016 05:30PM
So your point is....what?? What exactly is your purpose in posting here? Thus far you have made 11 posts. ALL of them are negative insinuations and 2nd/3rd hand hearsay. Is that your purpose in joining and posting? It ain't too hard to figure out that if you don't like a unit, then don't use it and use something else that you do like. Talk about something that you do like instead of dwelling on something you don't.

I've hunted in Culpeper, Orange, Stafford, and Prince George counties in Virginia. Found relics in them all from machines ranging from a Tesoro Vaquero to a Minelab GPX. Found a VMI Cadet button with the Vaquero...my second signal ever in Virginia. A CS staff with a GPX, and 3 plates up there with machines ranging from the F75 to GPX. Hundreds of bullets and common buttons and misc camp items. That's about 1 three day weekend a year. From what I have seen, most of the hunters used Whites 5900s or MXTs until the pulse machines started to take over. Now it is TDIs or GPXs.
August 21, 2016 05:37PM
relicstevemd Wrote:
> For the record my close hunting partners both own
> Blisstoll and I used one myself for the record. vs
> brands we hunt with . The Blisstoll for the money
> will be great machine and out dig other models
> costing more. But here in M.D/ V.A us Hardcore
> Relic Hunters picky and honest about what hunt
> with to find relics. For record your claim that
> my post in slander has been reported forum
> management.

Lighten up mate an stay off the Red Bull lol
August 22, 2016 12:35AM
I an not to keen on the Blisstool Video's, Even more so when they are ripping in to the machines I like, But hey that's the way things go, and I will be more than happy to sink my boot up Blistools Jacksey, But in all fairness In certain areas they are damn good machines, And if folks wanna play with them then I say good luck to them.

To me they seem to have the internal Gain set too High so you can only turn the Gain knob up so far before they get Chatty, But every company has their way of setting up their machines, Personally I don't like machines over wound to early on the Gain, But that's just me, And those who Own them are more than Happy so I say good luck to them.

I own most of the Machines Listed here So It is not like any of my machines are going get stressed up about it.

Just feel the Love, hot smiley Group Hug smileys with beer

John.
August 28, 2016 03:40AM
For the record I person used a V-5 and used in many site in V.A but sold after a year since did meet my standards in depth and built to take hard usage as Relic machine . I person use a Nautilus DMC2b model and old units in since the 1970s and many other brands. In avg to good soils nothing currently made will go deeper and hotter on Brass then DMC2B. Nautilus Users are the most " Loyal" to there brand and are the first test other brands to see it better or goes deeper than Nautilus DMC2B, Blisstool did not make the cut as other brands also such as White MXT. Minlab X-70 and many other in depth and hard usage in "Hardcore "field usage . Today relics and getting hard to find access to land to hunt is much harder then the 1970.s when first started Relic Hunting. Today there are so many False claims made by , Y-Tubes P.C. world to push to sale any brand new machines. I early days Relic Hunting and good Relic Machine where not sold by Y-Tubes , or Internet but true fields made in the feild . , The name " Nautilus" is only machine built and made as pure Relic Machine and made more finds and used best Relic Hunter here in V.A,. I hope I did not upset you Ref the above post since never listed Nautilus but also listed other brands that lack as a true Hardcore Relic Machine"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2016 03:50AM by relicstevemd.
August 28, 2016 07:29AM
Never used a Nuatilus machine so cannot say how they perform,had a try with the Blisstool and it was OK but nothing really exciting,but for real deep pasture site use i tend too use the Nexus Standard SE dual 9'' coil,TDI Pro 20'' Mono and a T2c/w SEF15x12 coil,i also carry a Fisher TW-5 twin box for ultimate depth.

The Nauty does look like a very interesting detector and a cult following,but alas its not for me on my UK sites.
August 29, 2016 12:17AM
relicstevemd Wrote:
> For the record I person used a V-5 and used in
> many site in V.A but sold after a year since did
> meet my standards in depth and built to take hard
> usage as Relic machine . I person use a
> Nautilus DMC2b model and old units in since the
> 1970s and many other brands. In avg to good soils
> nothing currently made will go deeper and hotter
> on Brass then DMC2B. Nautilus Users are the most
> " Loyal" to there brand and are the first test
> other brands to see it better or goes deeper than
> Nautilus DMC2B, Blisstool did not make the cut
> as other brands also such as White MXT. Minlab
> X-70 and many other in depth and hard usage in
> "Hardcore "field usage . Today relics and getting
> hard to find access to land to hunt is much
> harder then the 1970.s when first started Relic
> Hunting. Today there are so many False claims
> made by , Y-Tubes P.C. world to push to sale any
> brand new machines. I early days Relic Hunting
> and good Relic Machine where not sold by Y-Tubes
> , or Internet but true fields made in the feild .
> , The name " Nautilus" is only machine built and
> made as pure Relic Machine and made more finds and
> used best Relic Hunter here in V.A,. I hope I did
> not upset you Ref the above post since never
> listed Nautilus but also listed other brands that
> lack as a true Hardcore Relic Machine"

The MXT works good in bad soil, But the deepest machine that produces the huge depth almost all of the time is the Whites 5900Di Pro, even with a 950 coil on it, It will smoke any new machine on the market. Heaven forbid if a person puts a 15" coil on a 5900, Since Detectors went Digital they seem to have lost power/Depth.

John.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2016 09:32AM by auminesweeper.
August 29, 2016 01:36AM
John Is the 5900 deep in all metal or disc ? Thanks, Mark
August 29, 2016 03:26PM
relicstevemd Wrote:
> I have friends whom use the Blisstoll V-5, and V-6
> that bottom of coils crack and lot falseing with
> being hit in thick brush ect There e-mail
> Blisstool but no return info to address theses
> concerns . There rumors that new coil in future
> will be thicker design. I came close to buy
> Blisstool few month ago, Im glad I did not buy .
> I think this one most over rated VLF and crazy
> Y-tube posting laughable in claims to be deeper
> any machine. Steve.

I wanted to respond to your allegations relicstevemd. I will try to be as polite as possible. Let me also say that just because you use a new screen name and account, doesn't mean that we can't figure out who you are and your intent. This being said, I will start.
1. Our coils are made from a extremely strong and durable material. I would like to see a photo of "your friends coil" with the crack in it because this kind of damage would not happen in any kind of normal use.This would also explain why the coil is falsing. "It's Damaged" We have had 2 coils fail in the last 4 years and both were damage by the users. 1 coil had the coil cable chewed off by a dog and one I'm sure you will remember, the user fell in the woods and stretch the coil cable to its breaking point.
2. I have not received a email about a cracked coil and if I had I would have had him send it in to me for evaluation or advised him to purchase a new one. The Rumors you heard are false. There is no need to fix something that is not broke.
3. Your claims, no matter how unsubstantiated, are yours to have. But with more than 300 valid video and countless informational sources about the Blisstool detectors, I would like for you to do more research because I would hate for you to miss out on a detector that could make your hunting experience better.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

relicstevemd Wrote:
> Myself and fellow Hunters here in M.d. have been
> relic hunting over 30 plus years and belong
> biggest Oldest Relic Club NVRHA. Northern Va.
> Relic Hunters Club. I personal use both a White
> MXT, TDI and Nautilus DMC2B in good soil is
> un-match in depth and used by most long term
> seasoned relic hunters still. The Blisstoll my
> be good machine but as many post are true based on
> my close friends whom hunt Blisstoll and know
> there machine. The Blisstoll USA Forum mostly s
> dead and even my friend called last month in
> listen one Radio Show last month and only "Sales
> Pitching and when someone may ask real tough
> matter on stability they dance around issues. Im
> not her to slam any brand but ask if other
> Blisstoll users have same issues. My friends have
> E-mail directly to Blisstoll In Europe on matter
> posted on this page. So if You don't get issue
> address in modern times the P.C. and Forums at
> times are used to matters addressed. SteveYour next post.
1. Blisstool USA hasn't been around since 2013!!!
2. As far as our radio show being all about "sale pitching", your friend may have some selective hearing issues. Our show has always had an open format and we have discussions about many different detectors. We also have guest on the show that are involved this good hobby. When a listener want to talk about a new topic, all they have to do is call-ln or post it on the chat and it gets brought up on the show.
3. We have never "so-called" danced around a real tough question!! Especially about stability. The v5 and v6 have stabilizers and deal with EMI better than any other machine we've used. A simple Gain adjustment or Frequency change is all that is usually needed.
4. As far as "issues addressed". Any emails received by the UK forum AKA Ahmed are forwarded to me in most cases. We have always done our best to provide great service to our customers and to people interested in the Blisstool. We even encourage people to call us at home if they need help or have questions about the Blisstool, no matter the time. Its common for a phone conversation to last more than an hour, which is never a problem for me. I have always done my best to answer all emails and private messages promptly. I don't believe I can post up our site, Facebook or forum information here because of the rules but we are easy to find if you put Blisstool in a search engine.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. I feel I can not respond to this particular post in length "nicely". So I will just say that your attack is false and slanderous in my opinion.

relicstevemd Wrote:
> For the record my close hunting partners both own
> Blisstoll and I used one myself for the record. vs
> brands we hunt with . The Blisstoll for the money
> will be great machine and out dig other models
> costing more. But here in M.D/ V.A us Hardcore
> Relic Hunters picky and honest about what hunt
> with to find relics. For record your claim that
> my post in slander has been reported forum
> management.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

relicstevemd Wrote:
> For the record I person used a V-5 and used in
> many site in V.A but sold after a year since did
> meet my standards in depth and built to take hard
> usage as Relic machine . I person use a
> Nautilus DMC2b model and old units in since the
> 1970s and many other brands. In avg to good soils
> nothing currently made will go deeper and hotter
> on Brass then DMC2B. Nautilus Users are the most
> " Loyal" to there brand and are the first test
> other brands to see it better or goes deeper than
> Nautilus DMC2B, Blisstool did not make the cut
> as other brands also such as White MXT. Minlab
> X-70 and many other in depth and hard usage in
> "Hardcore "field usage . Today relics and getting
> hard to find access to land to hunt is much
> harder then the 1970.s when first started Relic
> Hunting. Today there are so many False claims
> made by , Y-Tubes P.C. world to push to sale any
> brand new machines. I early days Relic Hunting
> and good Relic Machine where not sold by Y-Tubes
> , or Internet but true fields made in the feild .
> , The name " Nautilus" is only machine built and
> made as pure Relic Machine and made more finds and
> used best Relic Hunter here in V.A,. I hope I did
> not upset you Ref the above post since never
> listed Nautilus but also listed other brands that
> lack as a true Hardcore Relic Machine"

The following is directed at you relicstevemd.

1. You used a Blisstool v5 on many sites because "You owned one" even though you said in your prior post that you wouldn't buy one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. The Blisstool will absolutely get better depth than the Nautilus in all ground types. This has been proven by several people.
3. You are the only one here making false claims here. Your slanderous attitude should really make people rethink any of your opinions from other posts.
4. I would absolutely love the opportunity to do a head to head comparison test using true discrimination hunting settings. You with the Nautilus and me with the Blisstool v6. I have no reservation about this at all!! In fact I really want you to except! I would even be willing to send a friend to your area to do the comparison for me, no problem. We could video it and post it up for all to see. Just say the word!
August 29, 2016 07:59PM
August 30, 2016 04:10AM
hot smiley Coming This Fall /Winter 2016 " Blisstoll Snoden' "Lost E-mails " from Blisstoll Users/ Owners and Delers ect. It should be very interesting from e-mails talking about lot issues many other things about Blisstoll! hot smiley
August 30, 2016 05:18PM
Here's the problem..
I suspect, it's a "failure to communicate".
relicstevemd is talking about a "Blisstoll" detector... not a Blisstool. I wonder if Golden Mask detectors makes the "Blisstoll"?
As far as the Blisstool goes, I've owned the V3 and now the V6 and have never experienced any coil issues, some falsing initially with the V3, but that was due to too high of a Gain setting... My mistake, not the machines'.

Gerry

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2016 06:39PM by gdzag.
August 30, 2016 07:09PM
Hi gdzag

Your right about having the gain to high. Its a easy fix, like you said. Just turn it down until it is nice and stable, thats the way to go. grinning smiley
August 31, 2016 12:30AM
Derek Wrote:
> Hi gdzag
>
> Your right about having the gain to high. Its
> a easy fix, like you said. Just turn it down
> until it is nice and stable, thats the way to go.
> grinning smiley

Yep... Newbie mistake. My V3 was used in the heat of Summer and the cold of Winter... my coils never gave me any problems. I'm sure relicstevemd is talking about some sort of Chinese knockoff... It seems funny that they, the Chinese, can get away with copyright infringement rules by calling it a "Blisstoll"... instead of a Blisstool. Damn those Chinese!!!
August 31, 2016 01:46AM
Hi gdzag

Unfortunately, he is doing this purposely and under a different screen name. I have ignored his false and unfounded comments here and other forums, for over two months. I finally had enough of it and had to address his post.
August 31, 2016 02:31AM
swmomark Wrote:
> John Is the 5900 deep in all metal or disc ?
> Thanks, Mark

It is Deeper in the Disc Mode and in the All Metal Non Motion Mode it is Mega Deep, You just listen to the Threshold change, I bought one purely because I wanted one of the Older Machines, But then I was told about the Cult following that they have and it is all true, and they have a great Ground balance setup with a fine and coarse controls just like the TDI Pro.

I very much doubt Any new machines can match them for depth, I asked one of the Whites Engineers about it and he said that Analogue machines just work deeper and that when machines went Digital a fair amount of Depth was lost,

I just tested it for you and in an Air Test in Disc MAX Mode it see's a Quarter at 22 inches and in the G.E.B. Max Mode it will see it at 26" inches easily using the standard 950 Coil and it will upset the threshold at 32 to 33 inches, So they can see things way further and having that GB system that they have they can deal with any ground and the bigger the Item the better it Gets. Most machines in the pinpoint mode will add a good 4 to 10" even 12 inches in an air test, But The 5900 will pickup Coke Cans at about 5 feet from the Coil using the old 950 Coil In its Normal All Metal Mode ( G.E.B Max ) Mode until the signal vanishes.

Hope this helps and answers your questions,

John.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2016 08:46AM by auminesweeper.
September 19, 2016 03:36AM
I good source and friends whom attending a 2 week Hunt in Europe this week and UK Dealer comment that Blisstool USA sales are down.?????? And Also Comment on the Blisstool USA Web site is a joke , and has lowest hits, visitors and members any Detector Forum Page. Steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2016 03:42AM by relicstevemd.
September 19, 2016 03:41PM
relicstevemd Wrote:
> I good source and friends whom attending a 2 week
> Hunt in Europe this week and UK Dealer comment
> that Blisstool USA sales are down.?????? And Also
> Comment on the Blisstool USA Web site is a joke ,
> and has lowest hits, visitors and members any
> Detector Forum Page. Steve

Blisstool are not a major player but they do have a Loyal following and in some cases they are very deep machines, Every detector Company has had Coil issues of one type or another, Coils are like batteries they are a consumable part of a detector and not expected to last for the life time of the machine being dipped in frozen water and banged against trees and rocks etc so I don't know why you are making such a fuss about it,

I Clown around with folks and tease them but you have been banging on about this for a month now, Your constant digs at the machines etc seems more related to the fact that you see this machine as a threat to the machine you have, From my point of view it might be deeper than my main machine at some thing things but I know my machine does it all extremely well and I have the coils to change anything I want my machine to achieve So no other machine will fit my Needs.

What ever your problem is, Just drop it and get over it or Buy a Blisstool V6 then you can brag as much as Blisstool owners do if you can afford on, If not then just leave those in the Blisstool camp alone, they don't blow my socks off either but it's nice to hear the Blisstool Owners talk and swap tails along the way, So let them speak, and if you don't like it then don't read it. No one is forcing you to Like / Buy one.

So leave them be.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2016 04:13PM by auminesweeper.
September 19, 2016 06:32PM
Having own a v3, then a v5 and now a v6 I've never experienced coils having cracking issues. I don't know what your agenda is, but seriously you're only making yourself out to be the bad guy.

I was on the phone last night with Derek, to show you the type of person he is. Not once did we even discuss this post of yours, because we both know it's not worth our time discussing false information such as yours.

Instead, We talked about family, friend's and metal detecting. Derek is an outstanding friend, detectorist and goes out of his way to help the customer even it that customer purchased his Blisstool from another company.

Let it go, your fasle pointless post are only pointing you as the bad guy.

Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2016 06:33PM by Apolonio (CA).
September 19, 2016 06:42PM
relicstevemd OBVIOUSLY joined this great forum for one reason and one reason only and that is to make false and or unsubstantiated negative statements concerning the Blisstool machines. He is not even smart enough to at least attempt to hide his agenda spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
September 19, 2016 06:57PM
relicstevemd Wrote:
> I good source and friends whom attending a 2 week
> Hunt in Europe this week and UK Dealer comment
> that Blisstool USA sales are down.?????? And Also
> Comment on the Blisstool USA Web site is a joke ,
> and has lowest hits, visitors and members any
> Detector Forum Page. Steve

Say there hotshot.

How about some real proof of your claims with the coils.
Like a pic or 2 or a video???

Don't bash another forum for absolutely no reason.

Derek,,does have a section where any and all brands can be talked about.

Don't go away mad,,just go away.

You offer nothing here on this forum but contrived BS.

I can find something about each and every detector I own,,,including Blisstool,,,but I try and put these dislikes into perspective to actually help folks-- not bash equipment just to be bashing.

And these friends you keep referring about,,,why can't they post here???

Or are they artificial???

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2016 07:01PM by tnsharpshooter.
September 19, 2016 07:20PM
All the machines that have been mentioned can all go very deep and in a good pair of hands some will go deeper, Blisstool have done very well and they have made a great effort to keep upgrading their machines each time, any coil issues can strike any company at any time, So a word in the right place will work wonders.
September 20, 2016 03:16AM
The Blisstool Brand do go deeper than most brands costing much more. But Relic Hunting is different more demanding in other hunting condtions. A True Relic Hunting Machines needs Pure Depth. Super Stable Thershold to hear deepest tones a Max Sen settings without outside EMI issues. Have used many brands for pure Relic Hunting for many years.. The Nautilus brand only machine designed as a pure Relic Hunting machine. It Track record speak for itself by all relics found in Civil war sites in V.A. / M.D. in past 20 plus years by most season Relic Hunters . Not By BS False claims or Y -tube posting . I hope this post is not to honest and hurt some whom view this post. Steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2016 03:18AM by relicstevemd.