Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Blisstool Coils Going Bad

Posted by relicstevemd 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Blisstool Coils Going Bad
September 20, 2016 03:55AM
relicstevemd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Blisstool Brand do go deeper than most brands
> costing much more. But Relic Hunting is different
> more demanding in other hunting condtions. A
> True Relic Hunting Machines needs Pure Depth.
> Super Stable Thershold to hear deepest tones a
> Max Sen settings without outside EMI issues. Have
> used many brands for pure Relic Hunting for many
> years.. The Nautilus brand only machine designed
> as a pure Relic Hunting machine. It Track record
> speak for itself by all relics found in Civil war
> sites in V.A. / M.D. in past 20 plus years by most
> season Relic Hunters . Not By BS False claims or Y
> -tube posting . I hope this post is not to honest
> and hurt some whom view this post. Steve

That Nautilus is a load of Crap, It eats batteries @ 4 x 9v at a time, the controls are a mix and match and all over the place from what ever that had on the shelf and it can only use concentric coils, what use is only half of a detector and the frequency is too high to be a deep machine, and it looks home made,

The Nexus is far more advanced, The Nautilus looks like a TDI with a Shrunken Coinmaster Box on it.

It does nothing that the 30 year old 5900 can't do.
September 20, 2016 12:08PM
John, respectfully you're very wrong regarding the nautillus. You state the nautillus isn't the right freq to be deep???The dmc's are 14khz, the mxt which you claim to dig targets at the earth's core is 15khz?

They are antiquated, power hungry, complicated and ergonomically tough for sure. Heck I probably wouldnt buy a new one, but I can assure you in good dirt they are monstrously deep. Ive owned one for 15 years. Those machines changed things, alot of the older machines around here weren't as hot on the mid and low conductors. The nautillus were hot on lower and mid conductors while still punching deep. They found alot of civil war buttons that the 6.5khz whites were missing. The all metal channels are smooth and deep, while disc is no slouch.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2016 12:30PM by deadlift.
September 20, 2016 12:39PM
deadlift Wrote:
> You don't know what you're talking about. You
> state the nautillus isn't the right freq to be
> deep???The dmc's are 14khz, the mxt which you
> claim to dig targets at the earth's core is 15khz?
>
>
> They are antiquated, power hungry, complicated and
> ergonomically tough. But I can assure you in good
> dirt they are monstrously deep, Ive owned one for
> 15 years.
The MXT runs at 13.889khz And it is deep compared to modern machines and it will even rival most PI machines matching them coil for coil and when the ground gets too hot It will see nuggets that most PI machines won't even see.

Most deep seekers run between 1.8khz to 6.6 kHz and it does not have anything to offer that machines from the 1980s didn't have, In 2016 you would think that they would at leased smarten it up a bit It looks as old as the things ya dig up.

If I want the MXT to go deeper I just change the Coil, But I never bought the MXT's for depth, I bought them because of their High Gain Sensitivity and their Gold getting ability.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2016 01:14PM by auminesweeper.
September 20, 2016 01:45PM
As it so happens, I just sold one detector and walked right into a good deal on a Whites MXT Pro that I couldn't say no to. It is coming with the 950 concentric coil, but I also have a small 6x8 SEF coil coming for it. They both will be here Wednesday. I am also going to borrow a friend of mine's Ultimate coil for the MXT too. But the really interesting part is...I just got off the phone with him and he still has his Nautilus IIba that is almost brand new; he hunted with it a couple times and put it up in the closet. He is letting me borrow it; picking it up Wednesday and am going hunting Thursday. I will have the MXT Pro and Nautilus IIba with 10 inch coil.

I am going to run down to my bullet site since it has rained and the hay has been cut. And we'll run them through the paces and shoot some video just for fun. My only wish is that I had a Blisstool V6 to run while I am down there. That would make for a fun video on this topic. I've had the V3 Blisstool at this site, and it done extremely well there for a VLF machine. I had a Nautilus there when we first found the site, but I wasn't as savvy on machines as I am now, and we were still going by the whole mindset of setting the machine to reject a nail, and digging everything that beeped on the disc side. I recall we didn't find many bullets at all in the field with the Nautilus machines; and this was back when it was brand new to us and loaded with bullets. But we had no idea that the ground would cause the signals to be iron signals. So knowing what I know now...it will be fun to revisit that site to see what one can do on the all metal side of things. The MXT has been down there many times with various coils. It is very coil specific as to whether they do OK or not. I've not found any combo on it yet, that was able to pull bullets out of that ground like what some other machines can/have done there. Example...between it and the F75, the F75 will smoke it. But we are talking 500 grain pieces of lead...not small nuggets, or large diameter pipes, or soda cans. For what I have in the thing though, I couldn't pass it up for the price.
September 20, 2016 02:11PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> As it so happens, I just sold one detector and
> walked right into a good deal on a Whites MXT Pro
> that I couldn't say no to. It is coming with the
> 950 concentric coil, but I also have a small 6x8
> SEF coil coming for it. They both will be here
> Wednesday. I am also going to borrow a friend of
> mine's Ultimate coil for the MXT too. But the
> really interesting part is...I just got off the
> phone with him and he still has his Nautilus IIba
> that is almost brand new; he hunted with it a
> couple times and put it up in the closet. He is
> letting me borrow it; picking it up Wednesday and
> am going hunting Thursday. I will have the MXT
> Pro and Nautilus IIba with 10 inch coil.
>
> I am going to run down to my bullet site since it
> has rained and the hay has been cut. And we'll
> run them through the paces and shoot some video
> just for fun. My only wish is that I had a
> Blisstool V6 to run while I am down there. That
> would make for a fun video on this topic. I've
> had the V3 Blisstool at this site, and it done
> extremely well there for a VLF machine. I had a
> Nautilus there when we first found the site, but I
> wasn't as savvy on machines as I am now, and we
> were still going by the whole mindset of setting
> the machine to reject a nail, and digging
> everything that beeped on the disc side. I recall
> we didn't find many bullets at all in the field
> with the Nautilus machines; and this was back when
> it was brand new to us and loaded with bullets.
> But we had no idea that the ground would cause the
> signals to be iron signals. So knowing what I know
> now...it will be fun to revisit that site to see
> what one can do on the all metal side of things.
> The MXT has been down there many times with
> various coils. It is very coil specific as to
> whether they do OK or not. I've not found any
> combo on it yet, that was able to pull bullets out
> of that ground like what some other machines
> can/have done there. Example...between it and the
> F75, the F75 will smoke it. But we are talking
> 500 grain pieces of lead...not small nuggets, or
> large diameter pipes, or soda cans. For what I
> have in the thing though, I couldn't pass it up
> for the price.

Good for you Daniel, the 10"DD has a very slight edge over the 950 coil and if the ground is mineralized that edge will be bigger but when it comes to tiny things what the 10"DD see's at 1 inch the 950 will see at 3 inches, I would imagine the Blisstool would fair better over the MXT in that location, but I would try the MXT in the Relic mode and then switch to the Prospecting mode and listen for those faint rises in the threshold to get the best depth out of it with the GB Locked. The secrete to getting extreme depth from the MXT is to use the Faint threshold/Third Tone/Mix Mode of either the Relic mode or the Prospecting mode

The secrete with the MXT is having the right coils, I have about 8 or 9 I can't remember off hand, The factory coils are great for 99.99% of things and then some, but Some after market coils work really well if a person is going for depth, I bought that 15" MXT Max coil and it is a beast, but I am not sure about swinging it all day but it is very sensitive to small items. On large items it will go very deep indeed,

I like the power of the 12"/300 coil but if your ground is hot then it won't be the best coil to choose. But the MXT won't be too far behind the other 2,

Good luck,

John.
September 20, 2016 05:43PM
Daniel I've just started in service this week but will be done by Friday afternoon. I can get with you about my v6 if you want. Would be interesting to see a test in that spot. Never took it down there the last time due to learning the GPX, should have...been interesting to compare on some of those targets. Shoot me a PM on FB and I'll see what I can do about getting it to you if you want.

Tom

Daniel Tn Wrote:
> As it so happens, I just sold one detector and
> walked right into a good deal on a Whites MXT Pro
> that I couldn't say no to. It is coming with the
> 950 concentric coil, but I also have a small 6x8
> SEF coil coming for it. They both will be here
> Wednesday. I am also going to borrow a friend of
> mine's Ultimate coil for the MXT too. But the
> really interesting part is...I just got off the
> phone with him and he still has his Nautilus IIba
> that is almost brand new; he hunted with it a
> couple times and put it up in the closet. He is
> letting me borrow it; picking it up Wednesday and
> am going hunting Thursday. I will have the MXT
> Pro and Nautilus IIba with 10 inch coil.
>
> I am going to run down to my bullet site since it
> has rained and the hay has been cut. And we'll
> run them through the paces and shoot some video
> just for fun. My only wish is that I had a
> Blisstool V6 to run while I am down there. That
> would make for a fun video on this topic. I've
> had the V3 Blisstool at this site, and it done
> extremely well there for a VLF machine. I had a
> Nautilus there when we first found the site, but I
> wasn't as savvy on machines as I am now, and we
> were still going by the whole mindset of setting
> the machine to reject a nail, and digging
> everything that beeped on the disc side. I recall
> we didn't find many bullets at all in the field
> with the Nautilus machines; and this was back when
> it was brand new to us and loaded with bullets.
> But we had no idea that the ground would cause the
> signals to be iron signals. So knowing what I know
> now...it will be fun to revisit that site to see
> what one can do on the all metal side of things.
> The MXT has been down there many times with
> various coils. It is very coil specific as to
> whether they do OK or not. I've not found any
> combo on it yet, that was able to pull bullets out
> of that ground like what some other machines
> can/have done there. Example...between it and the
> F75, the F75 will smoke it. But we are talking
> 500 grain pieces of lead...not small nuggets, or
> large diameter pipes, or soda cans. For what I
> have in the thing though, I couldn't pass it up
> for the price.
September 20, 2016 08:37PM
To All Who Hunt with Nautilus DMC2B depth unmatched and only Machined that has a "True Duel Tone' .All other brands may have Mixed mode ect but don't ran as DMC2b. steve
September 20, 2016 10:09PM
relicstevemd Wrote:
> To All Who Hunt with Nautilus DMC2B depth
> unmatched and only Machined that has a "True Duel
> Tone' .All other brands may have Mixed mode ect
> but don't ran as DMC2b. steve

You Got that wrong, The MXT's can run in One tone, Two Tone, Mixed Mode = Three Tone and Seven Tone ID, Mixed mode Audio is one of the best inventions of the detecting world, because depending on the target it can add up to 100% or more depth, And anyone who knows what they are doing can run rings around any machine

Also you got the Depth thing wrong Too, As with any Machine if you want more Depth then you just have change the Coil,

There are over 30 Coils on the market for the MXT's ranging from 4.5" (inches) up to 25" (inches),

If you like those machines then that's fine, But Blisstool are a modern design of what can be done, I am not taken with them but they are a Great machine just the same, Where as the Nautilus is more Primitive than my 1989 5900Di Pro Plus And my MXT is even way more Advanced than all of them, And then some later machine are more advanced than the MXTs, If I just want to Dig relics I can do that with any of them and at leased 4 of my machines will match you nautilus, 3 of them will match it using the standard Coils, So it is nothing special, just another Dinosaur.

Why have you come here just to beat on other peoples machines, You know very little about what modern machines can do because you think you know better and refuse to listen.

The Machines I choose all have their own task but they all can do multiple things, your nautilus bleeps and you dig, That in it's self is reason enough not to buy one.
September 21, 2016 03:28AM
The White MXT in Mixed Mode Two Tones are filter the same circuit process. While on DMC2B the All Metal / Disc both work on each own circuit { One All- Metal.. Second Disc High Tone} and work each alone and give more information then any VLF. Steve
September 21, 2016 04:32AM
relicstevemd Wrote:
> The White MXT in Mixed Mode Two Tones are filter
> the same circuit process. While on DMC2B the All
> Metal / Disc both work on each own circuit { One
> All- Metal.. Second Disc High Tone} and work each
> alone and give more information then any VLF.
> Steve
I don't think so some how, But what would I know I have only been using them for 6 and a half years with over 6000 hours invested in the last 3 versions of the MXT and over 3000 hours of testing, There is probably maybe 3 to 4 other people that I know of who know the MXT as well as me, So don't even go there,

Where the nautilus uses 2 different channels the signal process in the MXT is split digitally, The MXT might look analogue but that is as far as it goes, the rest is all digital.

The MXT All Pro runs ONE tone,, TWO tone and Mixed Audio, And SEVEN Tone Audio, and the mixed mode gives an All Metal Tone to Alert the user that there is a Target down Deeper beyond the range of the Discrimination Circuit,

And in those modes are the secrete to getting huge depths from the MXT along with the Very High Gain, I do not use my machine as a Bleep and dig type machine and I have dug many targets beyond the length of my Arms,

Are there deeper machines out there ? Most likely, Is there a better machine ? NO not for what I do with it or use it for, Every couple of years I change my machines and replace them with new ones and the first one I always buy is the latest MXT, I don't care about the other machines that I have But the MXT is always the first One I Buy, after that the others are not so important, More expensive Yes, But not as Important.

Back to the original Topic,, There is nothing wrong with the Blisstool apart from the stupid Videos they keep posting and the Constant Bagging of other machines, A Bit like this thread and your Nautilus. If your happy with it that is just fine and the Guys who use Blisstools are Happy with their choice, So just leave them be, They have not asked you to pay for them So I don't know why you keep bashing the Blisstool machines.

Like it or not they are a damn good machine, No for me, But they are Real Good just the same, So the best of luck to their Owners.
September 22, 2016 03:03AM
So true about a detector and coil combos making a big difference.

Example: I just got an MXT Pro detector. It came with the 950 coil. I'm not a fan of the 950 coil. I ran it through my test garden right after it came in, and it barely hit on half of the targets I have in there in disc mode. A little while later the same day, the mail lady brought the 6x8 SEF DD coil that I had ordered. So I slapped it on and went back out there and then I could get every single target out there in disc mode and even better in prospecting mode with the SAT adjusted just right. If you've never had a 6x8 SEF on the MXT, you need to try one. It is probably one of the best coils I've ran on the MXT for bad soil and looking for US coins/relics. It for sure has its place.
September 22, 2016 03:54AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> So true about a detector and coil combos making a
> big difference.
>
> Example: I just got an MXT Pro detector. It came
> with the 950 coil. I'm not a fan of the 950 coil.
> I ran it through my test garden right after it
> came in, and it barely hit on half of the targets
> I have in there in disc mode. A little while
> later the same day, the mail lady brought the 6x8
> SEF DD coil that I had ordered. So I slapped it on
> and went back out there and then I could get every
> single target out there in disc mode and even
> better in prospecting mode with the SAT adjusted
> just right. If you've never had a 6x8 SEF on the
> MXT, you need to try one. It is probably one of
> the best coils I've ran on the MXT for bad soil
> and looking for US coins/relics. It for sure has
> its place

That right Daniel, In my soils the 950 can hit coins 12 and 13 inches deep, But where the 950 will kill the 8x6 is on Tiny items, In fact I think even the 10"DD will have a big impact in your ground and as Keith pointed out that 12x10 will give it a real Boost and deal with the bad ground, I don't like DD's but I am feeling the Love for this 14x10 Detech, Lol so much so I went and bought another one as a spare.

Just out of interest what does your GND meter read on the left hand side on the screen when you are in the prospecting mode / All Metal ??

Well done mate,

John..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2016 04:29AM by auminesweeper.