Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta Fors Relic in modern trash utilizing the three tone..( VIDEO)

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nokta Fors Relic in modern trash utilizing the three tone..( VIDEO)
August 21, 2016 02:14AM
Don't expect no gold coin lol...just managed a Wheatie and a 65 quarter..LOL..

But this is trash extreme to the Max and wanted to show how the 3 tone process on this 19khz hypergain unit can and will handle modern trash..

video for demo purposes...Showing it can be done..the quarter I think is impressive as I let you hear the hole after the retrieval..

This is one of the reasons the Relic is about all I require of a unit..I can dissect iron to the extreme but also IF I HAVE TO work in modern trash effectively....

and I can even hunt a saltwater beach and still be really sensitive to Gold while balanced to salt..

Settings

99 sens
3 tone
3rd tone break at 75
iMASK zero
ID Filter zero

wide open basically

[www.youtube.com]

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2016 02:41AM by Keith Southern.
Re: Nokta Fors Relic in modern trash utilizing the three tone..( VIDEO)
August 21, 2016 02:51AM
Thanks for sharing video.

A real rotten site trash wise from the looks and the sounds provided.
August 21, 2016 03:59AM
I like that coil. Gonna have to get one now! Thanks for posting that video.

Dean
August 21, 2016 04:22AM
Thx for posting that Keith, sounds like it handles the iron well. Reminds of the R2 with the tones, how can easily tell a coin tone from i high tone trash type signal. Id really like to see u find some targets with the relic and mark em and then come back and compare them with the Xp and 9" coil. Might just convince me on the relic. Cool stuff Keith those are my favorite kinda sites to play in.
August 21, 2016 04:49PM
Ive had a few P.M.'s on this thread,,

Here's one that I Kept anonymous but at he same time it asked some questions others may find beneficial..

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Interesting video Keith.----Have you had the Racer 2 in there with the same settings you used on the Relic & if so, how did it compare (performance wise) in that site?------Another question----what are the MAIN differences you see in performance between the Relic & Racer 2?

_______________________________________________________________________________________

No the Racer 2 has not been in there with the same same settings..I just saw the site being pushed and pulled in ..

Here's the beauty of it though I've had the R and R2 and Fors CoRe in same type sites and when in 3 tone target behavior is very much uniform between them in that mode..EXCEPT the R2 having the ability to take the HIgh tone and move it helps to even more isolate target's..

And here's the BIG KICKER the Di3 mode on the Relic with ability to ALSO assign that 3rd tone break is also using the same type mode that is a common Di3 mode DNA across all of them..

The relic is slightly more hyper sensitive to smaller stuff but as you can see for 19Khz its very well behaved and intelligent in the iron and modern trash mix like in the video..In other words I can tell its iron junk or trash before digging it..

Now if I were in Di2 I see differences across the range of machines from the 14/15 Khz units to the 19Khz Relic...its a different process mode also and is a More Hyper mode in general and the 19Khz shows off in JUST IRON trash in that mode......

I've used the 5x10 across all of those machines too..and the Relic is more in tune with the 5x10 wihtt that freq than the rest also..

Im serious about that that coil is AMAZING in depth and in pulling/Isolating co-locates ..Its also helps to remove that iron fasle that small coils are famous for...as they seem to struggle with that last bit of depth and tend to shift target's to 99 more than larger coil's..that's why a 5x10 size has always been my favorite when working with hyper gain units in iron especially on 19khz or there abouts..

the main differences is on Di3 not alot....in Di2 as I mentioned in rion the Relic is sleuther towards the smaller stuff ..but with amped up processing in that mode it is also hot on bigger stuff like the 14khz R2 in same environments..

What's amazing though is FOR ME I can make it work ANYWHERE..

think of a Relic as a Hyper Racer or CoRe..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
August 21, 2016 06:02PM
Keith, do you utilize the iron audio volume ? did you leave it up so that the viewers could here all the trash in the ground. In your settings posted above you didn't mention the Iron Audio Vol. setting.

I like to hear all the iron but I like to turn the Low tone volume down a bit on the R2, helps the mid and high tones pop or to hear them better for me. On my Fors CoRe I have the ID Mask at 10 and it sounds just like your machine in the video. Hear all the iron and trash waiting for a mid or high tone to squeak out.

That is a lot of the reason I went from the Red Racer to the Fors CoRe is that I could distinguish the mid tone better. On the Red Racer the Low and Mid tone sounded very close to the same in heavy trash sites and had a hard time picking the mid tone out. It is a nice option to be able to lower the volume of the low tone a bit.

gregg
August 21, 2016 06:36PM
The iron volume us cranked up so you can hear it on video..

you can turn iron volume of if you I like then you will have 2 tone in Di3 process..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
August 21, 2016 09:50PM
Trash siftin = cool grinning smiley
August 21, 2016 09:58PM
good video, Keith.
Have to wonder, though, why you didn't use the built-in flashlight when it got dark? (It was probably light enough for you but not for the camera).

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
August 22, 2016 12:55AM
Keith those small 5" coils go pretty deep on the racer 2. I got the nel snake for mine an easily hit a 6" 1902 v-nickel with it. Prob be just as deep on the relic

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2016 01:38AM by Kickindirt.
August 22, 2016 01:10AM
Good video!!! i got a spot to try them sittings soon as it cools down and my back will stop hurting so bad
August 22, 2016 05:23PM
Keith, that was a good video for folks to watch and learn how well these Nokta/Makro detectors work, especially those who are more urban hunting oriented and haven't experienced what a highly littered site can be. That was very typical of the types of old sites I love to Relic Hunt out here in the Western USA. I wish you were able to get away for a visit and join a group of good folks from several states on one of the Welcome-to-Hunt Outings, which have so far concentrated on a number of old railroad town sites and other period locations.

Our 4th WTHO is providing folks two weekends to pick one or the other or include both, from Sept. 3rd thru the 11th. We have recovered some really nice SW era military buttons, a lot of old bullets and cartridge cases, and all sorts of nice relics, along with old coins, trade tokens, buckles, and .... yes, a heaping helping of good old IRON JUNK. Why, many of these more open country, non-woodsy locations would make a great places for you to do more informative videos as well. eye rolling smiley

Oh, one thing to know before participating in these WTHO's is that not all of the attendees are novices, not all Urban Coin Hunters, and a big percentage of them own and use a Nokta or Makro model, to include the FORS CoRe, Makro Racer, FORS Gold +, Racer 2 and, of course, the king of them all (biased opinions allowed), the FORS Relic. thumbs down Several of us have two or more grinning smiley of these detectors and assorted coils to handle the dense trash/iron contaminated sites.

I figured you had the Iron Audio Volume turned way up some viewers could hear the abundance of Low-Tone iron present, but they should be reminded or informed that the Relic and Racer 2 have the Iron Audio Volume adjustment and it can sure ease the rapid-fire audio for a dense iron nail infested site. Depending on the model used, site conditions and my tolerance level of the day, I generally keep my Iron Volume set low at '1' or possibly '2' so that I can hear masking iron junk is present, but not have the audio response so overpowering. It also helps to pick out a lot of those 'iffy' Mid-Tone and High-Tone signals as well.

Sites like you were hunting, with more and varied junk than just nails and cut wire, are where I really enjoy using the Di3 3-Tone mode on the Relic, CoRe and Racer 2. Also, when the abundance of metal targets, good and bad, are so closely associated, my preference is to use the 5½" DD on the Relic or the 'OOR' or 5½" DD coils on the other models. I know how well the 5½X10 coils work, and I keep each of them ready-to-grab, but I go to them mainly when the site is a low-to-moderately littered condition and especially preferring the Di2 2-Tone mode when most of the iron is nails and similar types.

I keep my 5½X10 DD coil mounted on my Gold + for both Gold Nugget Hunting as well as Relic Hunting in iron nail infested places that are not too dense. My Relic has the 5½X10 Concentric coil mounted as I have found it to work quite well for me, doing a little better are audibly sorting out some of those mixed iron/non-iron responses. It really is handy hunting more open areas like plowed fields and such around homesteads, barns and bunkhouses, town sites, etc., when nails are the main challenge, but spaced apart enough to get some deeper-target hits when they present themselves.

Were you using the 5½X10 DD or Concentric?

Also, in locations like you were hunting, I often run my Sensitivity/Gain pretty high, especially in the Di3/3-Tone mode, and I'm curious where you were set doing that video?

Again, 'Thanks' for another very useful video, and I especially enjoyed watching your sweep speed. I referred the video over to a couple of friends who have a nasty habit of using a very brisk sweep speed. Not necessary with these Nokta and Makro detectors, especially in dense targst environments and when using the 3-Tone search mode.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher-1, Makro-1, Minelab-1, Nokta-1, Tesoro-2, White's-1
Garrett MS-3 -- Killer B's 'Hornet' & 'Wasp'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
August 22, 2016 06:46PM
NCWayne

I didn't really realize it would be that dark on camera LOL..believe it or not it was only about 730 outside..a storm was blowing in and getting dark skies and I Was under a Huge canopy of giant Mimosa trees and pines and such..Sorry about that lol..

Kickindirt..

Yes the small coil does do very very well on the Relic and is quite deep for it's size..Its just a Over the years starting with the Lobo ST in about 97 or so I have just come to love the way I can work a 5x10 to my advantage in about any scenario that comes its way..right on the toe of that thing its as narrow as a pinpointer and a 5x10 always seems to have a straighter blade than even a 5 round..great depth great separation great target isolation great for toeing in between trees and such..solid design..no snags,,,I'm serious about it and especially on a machine like a Relic when the audio is bleedy bleedy I can really make it talk to me with this coil..For me its the perfect size coil..My do it all scout to dissecting it can do it all..

Potomac hate to hear about your back..

I suffer from a bad back myself...Sciatica has been flared up all summer..Messed it up on a waverunner in the ocean in June.....2 hours of fun with my daughter has ended up be killing me all summer.. ...One word for ya..Chiropractor...keep them away from your neck but they can do wonders on pinched nerves in the lower back...

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
August 22, 2016 07:05PM
Man i didn't realize u could do the toe thing. Good idea man ill have to try that, thx mr
August 22, 2016 07:15PM
Hey Monte..

Yes I thought when I saw the trash Hey let me make a Video..You don't get to see just a Hum Drum hunt usually as most videos are about THE FINDS....I wanted to just do a live feed of the bad and worst...LOL..

I was running the Sens on 99 Monte....and had the iron volume turned up to show just how many targets were under the coil at one time..

Yes I do like to drop back to the 5 on the Relic when the trash becomes like it was here..But I also like that I am able to use one coil and a still be able to Dissect with it get depth with it and still have great Discrimination traits ..and yes it was the 5x10 DD..that's another thing the audio DNA of the MakNoks has allowed us to CHEAT A LOT...bigger than norm coils for trash and also we are able to discern trash from goodies in modern trash and tin and such that a DD and High Freq combo usually spell's disaster in such environs..

Old school ways we are starting to see does not hold true to the MakNoks..They really feed so much info to us AUDIBLY that we can let our ears
pick out the nuanced hits in the splattery trash hits...in that sea of noise there's a lot of info..

Like the Quarter in the Vid..glad I did a re-scan of the hole for the video it was just loaded in all sorts of tones and id's..YET THE SMOOTH HIGH TONE AND EVEN PRETTY ACCURATE VISUAL I.D. DID NOT LIE...

these audio traits run the whole gamut from iron dissecting to aluminum trash ...just use the right Process..Di2 or Di3....UNCANNY>>

I would love to come out west and hunt some of those Old Ghost towns and camp's and such..

yet that's a long ways ...I will one day try and get out there it's a dream of mine to hunt the western states and also get over to the U.K. for a Hunt..

I was out in Nevada year before last..Beautiful country..I drove around the desert for awhile and My mind was racing!!

one good thing when I come out that way I want need to pack alot of gear ..

Have Relic and 5x10 willing to travel!! smiling bouncing smiley

Just buy.Borrow a digging tool when I get there.

Thanks for the offer...

O yeah the Impact will have 99 tones what level can we push trash unmasking with the MakNok audio DNA tied to 99 tones???? ........... winking smiley

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
August 22, 2016 08:13PM
Great video, Keith. Thanks.

Just bought myself a Fors Relic after seeing how well it was handling that high trash site (especially the angle iron). I had been on the fence about them for a while after digging so much odd shaped iron with the CoRe.

Again, thanks for all the great info you bring to the community, Keith.
August 23, 2016 10:44AM
I don't want to come across as bashing or negative towards this detector I've never used, I've owned the R2 which of a similar breeding but I've watched loads of videos of this detector and i just don't see what it does different or any better than many other fast recovery type units in a similar or lower price bracket, can someone enlighten me?
August 23, 2016 08:42PM
Keith i bet u will be in love when xp finally releases the new 5x10 coil?
August 23, 2016 10:50PM
Keith,

I mean this in a good way, But I have never really hit it off with 6x10 / 5x9 coils I know my GMT has one but If I could get a 12" Concentric I would be happier,

One thing that bugs me is the 2 to 2 1/2 inch depth loss to the 10" DD in an Air Test, But it bothers me a Bit, I know the Relic comes with a 7x11 But the 5.5x10 is only an inch sorter so surely there can't be that much difference Is There ??

I have the 5.5x10 or 5x9 or what ever Whites are calling it this year but I just don't have the confidence that you have in it, Maybe that is because a lot of my Targets are normally in the 8 to 14" range and that It is no more sensitive than the 10" DD, I wish they made it in a Concentric best putting The GM II Concentric transformed my GMT.

But I just don't get the Attraction of the 6x10 / 5.5x10 and the leased impressive coil to me is the 4x6, Yet the 5.3 / 6" coil is a brilliant Coil because it see's Tiny Items at 3 X the distance that the 6x10 does and I only bought it because it vanished off Whites List of Coils In fear that they may of stopped making them.

Thanks Keith.

John.
August 24, 2016 12:16AM
Kikin......I hope its better than the GMP 5x10..that coil is weak..

Au ....I just use what works for me.smileys with beer

Ghound..If YOU require a High Freq relic unit then take a look this unit...

It's the Apex MakNok in iron unlocking...and world class in unmasking against even a DEUS or GMP...with advantage of being cheaper than DEUS with better I.D. Ability,, and also is warranteed and legal to use in the States against the GMP ...Nothing wrong with those and alot of other units either but a Purist relic hunter will enjoy this unit ..

If you know you need it it will be a great tool to have..

Has a Unique way Of Blending tones together in dense iron or trash to hear all,,, not a conglomerate report but individual reports of co-locates...and the 19Khz really emphasises the affinity for the lowest of conductors in iron..

I thought long and hard about giving them a quote..But in the end I felt strong enough of about this particular product and the future of their products to make a testimonial for them to use on their site...Alpers is an amazing designer along with his team....I can't help but Hope for their advancement....they try hard...They want to be world leaders in the Detector market..they are on the right track to success.They Give is what we want not what they think we want..

Is it the greatest thing ever?? NO ..Nothing is ...But its a great platform..the first time I ran the FG+ I had a relic version in mind..and well It is here!!I hope it goes further...I hope it stays a Line of machines to come...Relic..Relic2 Relic Pro..Relic Pro+ well you get the Idea..

It's a great Tool for a serious Relic hunter and offers the casual to an even advanced user a everything else unit..

I'm glad WE (Relic Hunters) have a Unit of Our own.........It even has its own describing moniker printed on the side ,sweet and simple..It's about Time..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2016 02:38AM by Keith Southern.
August 24, 2016 02:26AM
Everything about it says buy it, The frequency is high for a relic machine but it has the software to make it cover all bases and it appear t be more flexible than most.

John.
August 24, 2016 05:56AM
auminesweeper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
I know the Relic comes with a
> 7x11 But the 5.5x10 is only an inch sorter so
> surely there can't be that much difference Is
> There ??

John the 5x10" DD coil is on my Racer2 now about 80% of the time, no depth loss from the 11" DD and it really makes a difference, doesn't seem like a big size change, but I recon it's just the architecture of the coil.

Matter of fact, I liked it so much, that I bought one for my F75 LTD2 and LOVE it on that machine as well, it's a killer coil in trash, iron, helps cut down EMI, no loss of depth, just an excellent performer. PLUS it's a closed coil, no snagging on roots and brush like the 11" DD's on the Fisher and NokMakros.

Keith I'll have to try that "toeing" thing, sounds like it could be useful when checking iffy signals to narrow them down a bit.

hh,
Brian
August 24, 2016 06:01AM
There's a shortage of comparison videos on this unit, a head 2 head on a test garden, 3d targets and some real live hunt targets against the deus would show whats what, can one hit a target the other can't etc etc
Keith i remember watching your deus videos and you were amazed with it to the point you said it was the best detector you had ever used in iron.
The relic has been discounted here in the UK and is selling for £665, deus with 9" coil and ws5 is £659 so there in a similar price bracket.
August 24, 2016 10:01AM
Well,

I like Deus and the Nokta relic detectors,,have both.

I guess one could say there is a coil size mismatch when it comes to availability for Deus.

Is the Nokta Relic a better separator than Nokta FORS gold +???

I don't know,,never play d with a gold + unit.

And then there is mineralization of ground that needs to be mentioned too.

Remember this thread.
[www.dankowskidetectors.com]
August 24, 2016 12:25PM
ghound Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There's a shortage of comparison videos on this
> unit, a head 2 head on a test garden, 3d targets
> and some real live hunt targets against the deus
> would show whats what, can one hit a target the
> other can't etc etc
> Keith i remember watching your deus videos and you
> were amazed with it to the point you said it was
> the best detector you had ever used in iron.
> The relic has been discounted here in the UK and
> is selling for £665, deus with 9" coil and ws5 is
> £659 so there in a similar price bracket.

The trouble with their discount is it is all Lies, We are 5000 miles closer than the US are to where they are made and we also have a ZERO import Duty when we Trade with other EU Countries Yet we have to pay More for them, £665.00 is $871.15c USD,

I only paid £549.00 or $719.19c USD for the MXT All Pro,

That is price fixing and it dose not sit well with me, When I can Buy an American Made Machine with a Proven History second to None Saving $151.96c USD, There is no way that I would pick a new machine over one with A History that has never been Bettered.

John.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2016 12:29PM by auminesweeper.
August 26, 2016 02:25AM
Yes the DEUS is very much an apex unit ..but the 9 inch can only go so far..YET THAT IS A LONG WAYS IT GOES>>

We now have a Machine's that are really Blendy and bleedy like a DEUS but also offers PROPER smaller coils to eek more...

Keith

-Nikola Tesla