Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Used GPX 5000 and Nokta Relic F/S FM forum

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Used GPX 5000 and Nokta Relic F/S FM forum
August 21, 2016 04:21PM
Have a look see.

Unit prices look very reasonable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2016 04:22PM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Used GPX 5000 and Nokta Relic F/S FM forum
August 22, 2016 01:10AM
Have to Pass on GPX 5000 as didn't Hit the lotto this week. Lol!
August 22, 2016 04:00AM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Have to Pass on GPX 5000 as didn't Hit the lotto
> this week. Lol!

Had to turn off ..computer......has a mind of its own!!!
August 23, 2016 03:18PM
Must admit as much as try and not get excited about the GPX5k i am still very tempted to buy a new one,christmas is coming so may treat myself to one,some folks think they are over rated ?? may be but i stiil reckon they take some beating for deep hoard hunting,will try and send my request into Santa early this year winking smiley
August 24, 2016 12:03AM
J&D,
5000 is an incredible machine. The 4500 varies only slightly with the addition of a timing...Fine Gold. Which is used to find small targets in hot ground. For me, the additional cost of the 5000 over the 4500 for an additional timing (that nobody seems to use much here in AZ) just wasn't worth it. The 4500 may be a better value for you as well. Steve H describes the differences at detectorprospector.com.

Dean
August 24, 2016 07:29AM
bado1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> J&D,
> 5000 is an incredible machine. The 4500 varies
> only slightly with the addition of a timing...Fine
> Gold. Which is used to find small targets in hot
> ground. For me, the additional cost of the 5000
> over the 4500 for an additional timing (that
> nobody seems to use much here in AZ) just wasn't
> worth it. The 4500 may be a better value for you
> as well. Steve H describes the differences at
> detectorprospector.com.
>
> Dean

Dean,i totally agree with you,as i dont live in either Aussie land or US gold nugget region the the 5000 is not required,the 4500 will more than suit my need for deep relic/hoard hunting,and if one spends some time shopping around you can pick up a tremendous bargain,i all ready have a selection of new GPX coils that i have for my TDI Pro,so the additional cost of extra coils is not required.

I dont plan on rushing into the 1st machine that comes along or that is offered,i can spend months and months doing all my homework prior too a purchase,it i a considerable purchase and i always intend to keep a machine for many years and also i have to take into account the 'reward to cost ratio' on board,if a machine gets used say once a year then that is a false economy,but my plan is using it a fair amount on a few decent sites that i have access too.At the moment the boxes on my long list buying criteria are gradually getting ticked.

We will make a final decision possibly in November or December then either hit the 'Buy button' or walk away from it,at the moment its the former rather than the latter.