Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Just tried out a new pair of sunglasses with the video camera built in...

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Just tried out a new pair of sunglasses with the video camera built in...
August 22, 2016 05:58AM
The Campark HD 120 degree wide angle sunglasses. They had impressive video and sound. You could clearly hear the targets in my headphones as I swept a target. Stayed on very well as I used in the surf to test out. Got a few minor splashes on them, but nothing that would hurt them. They are splash resistant, not waterproof. Also are UV sunglasses and look kind of cool to boot. Perfect glasses for detecting videos. Everything is always in focus. Even the coins and jewelry when you hold it up close. Best part is they were only $40 on Amazon. The Coleman and other higher priced sunglass stile video cameras had lots of complaints of breakage. Not these. Worth a look if interested. Buy an extra 32 GB micro SD card for about $11. Video eats up the memory on one of these cards in about an hours worth of recording time. Only complaint I have is that the blue light that flashes when record is pressed really can not be seen unless you pull the sunglasses off to check. Had a couple of times I thought I was recording and wasn't. I will get better with practice. From now on I plan on taking these with me everywhere when detecting. No one even realized the sunglasses had a camera unless I told them...Keith, you might like these, but you will still sweat into them in that Ga. Heat...Stuart
Re: Just tried out a new pair of sunglasses with the video camera built in...
August 22, 2016 07:27AM
Thx for the info S&R.

Maybe it was the lens in a pr I had but it seemed as I was down at the hole for the recovery the scene for the shot was just below where the cam was looking. Had to tip the back of the glasses up for a good shot of the area.

Do you notice this with that brand? That's a good price for something that gives you good vid and audio.
Pretty much the same with these. I had to practice holding an item up close to the camera. At first it was just below the picture. Camera is just at eyebrow line. Once you remember that, it is no problem. Or you can just hold at arms length and never miss a shot. Close ups are really clear and large. Just no viewing screen, so you have to wait to download to your computer to see what your video files look like. Practice at home a few minutes will save a lot of missed close up shots. Amazingly good for such a low price. I will have to wait and see how long they hold up, but I will give them a workout over my next few hunts. After a little more time on them I plan on doing a few YouTube videos. Hope everyone can stand to listen to my heavy southern accent.
August 22, 2016 03:33PM
show a video?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
August 22, 2016 04:26PM
I have a pair of Pivotheads, they take nice video, but yeah it's a shame you cannot adjust the camera angle down a few degrees. I cannot tell you how many times I made a nice find only to find out the video was of the background and not the find - lol

I'll keep using my iphone 6+, it works great.

hh,
Brian
Lorenzo just look them up on YouTube. Several videos on them.
I agree with you Cal, they should have an angle adjustment, but for the price they work better than expected. Just an option over the higher priced Go Pro cameras.
August 23, 2016 07:15AM
Go Pro cameras are way over priced in my book and the video quality of my Samsung smartphone is just as good if not better.
August 23, 2016 02:54PM
At this price, I'm guessing the glasses do not have GPS capability?

I'm sure most of you know this, but for those who might not, this is something to be aware of any time you take videos or pictures in the field while detecting.

If you take a picture or video with your smartphone (or any GPS enabled device) with location on and post the results, anyone can easily get the GPS coordinates for that special spot.

Potentially making your special spot not so special in short order.
August 23, 2016 04:23PM
I only found one video that uses the glasses, versus the sport cam, but here it is: [www.youtube.com]

Looks pretty good. Better than I expected!
August 23, 2016 11:09PM
Thanks for the recommendation. I've just ordered a pair to try out.
August 23, 2016 11:53PM
That's about what I'm looking for been thinking for awhile about some sort of Camera glasses or goggles..

May order me up something soon..

thanks for your info..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
August 24, 2016 04:12PM
88junior Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Go Pro cameras are way over priced in my book and
> the video quality of my Samsung smartphone is just
> as good if not better.

Yep, Kurt from the Hoover Boys just uses a Samsung smartphone and video editing software and has amazing results.
August 26, 2016 04:16AM
I got my glasses today, too (again, kudos to Amazon Prime). cool smiley They are pretty slick. I practiced a little and get what you are saying about making sure you move your head farther than you might naturally. I may try getting into a habit of wearing them on the end of my nose when filming if that aims them better. Sound was pretty good, too! Anyway, thanks very much for posting about these glasses!
Marcomo, no GPS capability. One of the things that I liked about them.
I did get to take a short video finding a 10k and another silver ring yesterday at the beach. Came out well. Maybe I will do some YouTube videos with a little practice.
I hope those of you who try these out enjoy them.
August 27, 2016 11:21PM
But I bet you phone can't be dunked in water.

88junior Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Go Pro cameras are way over priced in my book and
> the video quality of my Samsung smartphone is just
> as good if not better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2016 11:21PM by GreenMeanie.