Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

GPS jammers

Posted by lytle78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
GPS jammers
August 22, 2016 04:25PM
In case anybody paid any attention to our latest smammer - he is touting illegal merchandise. It is a crime in the US to use any such device. Here's a quote, followed by a link

Jamming devices are radio frequency transmitters that intentionally block, jam, or interfere with lawful communications, such as cell phone calls, text messages, GPS systems, and Wi-Fi networks.

Jammers are illegal to market, sell, or use in the United States.
A single violation of the jamming prohibition can result in tens of thousands of dollars in monetary penalties, seizure of the illegal device, and imprisonment.

[www.gps.gov]

Suggest the posts advertising this crap be removed.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
Re: GPS jammers
August 22, 2016 05:23PM
Thanks Rick, good to know!
August 22, 2016 06:47PM
Sounds like a pretty steep penalty for wearin' a tinfoil helmet. I guess you could argue that it actually improves reception?

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
August 22, 2016 06:48PM
I sure would like to have one though for those thoughtless cell phone users. Especially for those that shout into their phones.

HH
Mike
August 22, 2016 07:27PM
I almost bought a cell phone jammer years ago.

I used to take a commuter train from the east bay into silicon valley, it was the crack of dawn early train, and they had a "sleeper" car where people were supposed to be quite, and turn off their electronics so people could get a little shut eye on the way into the office.

Invariably there were those who thought the rules didn't apply to them, and had no problem getting on their cell phone having a conversation that everyone on the train could hear. Sadly the train operators didn't enforce the concept of the sleeper cars, so they had no repercussions. It would've been priceless to kill those calls at will, but the problem was the cell jammers were about $200 each, and you had to have a separate one for GSM and one for CDMA cell networks, I just couldn't justify sinking $400 into it.....but $200 was doable >grinning smiley<