Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Went out to an old school where I'm not getting many hits anymore

Posted by Rick, N. MI 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Went out to an old school where I'm not getting many hits anymore
August 23, 2016 10:14PM
I decided to use my T2se in all metal in the iron trashiest spot where I'm not finding anything anymore. I didn't think it was that bad. Was using the 5" coil, sensitivity 99. I didn't get any non-ferrous hits but did dig the bigger iron hits. I actually enjoyed detecting this way. Didn't seem as noisy as 2 tone.

Here's what I dug:
[photo.net]

[photo.net]

Sorry for the photos like this. My satellite internet isn't opening Photobucket.

Rick
Re: Went out to an old school where I'm not getting many hits anymore
August 23, 2016 11:49PM
All metal does make it easier on the T2/F75 to size iron ..alot of iron on that series in Disc mode sounds like nails even though its larger than nails..Very compressed iron tone on those units...

One thing I like to do with a T2/F75 that has cache mode is to stay in Disc set it to zero 2F Tone and work through a dead site full of iron and listen for the larger iron hits Vs the shorter nail hits..you can do it in Cache mode its so slow to retune..

Just the other day I was in a nail pit and pulled out a Nice Iron Heel plate doing that..

Good digs..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: Went out to an old school where I'm not getting many hits anymore
August 24, 2016 12:00AM
Some things to add to your collection.

Thanks for sharing.

And you just might unmask a very nice nonferrous find by digging those.